Any bloggers on the forum? - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

14Likes
  • 1 Post By Smiley
  • 1 Post By Smiley
  • 1 Post By onewizard
  • 2 Post By 52Degrees
  • 1 Post By Smiley
  • 1 Post By onewizard
  • 1 Post By 52Degrees
  • 2 Post By Smiley
  • 2 Post By 52Degrees
  • 2 Post By Smiley

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-15-2018, 05:00 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Any bloggers on the forum?

Any fellow forum members have a blog? Any writers?

I'm not certain what the protocol for posting links is, but my blog is about a variety of subjects, including motorcycle essays, prose, short stories, rants, biz stuff (custom framing, photo restorations, neg scanning and more). I've copied a few posts I've made here too and expanded them.

I am constantly adding my archive of photography (45+ years), as I slowly get my lazy ass to the enormous task of editing and scanning negs and slides. Several galleries so far, more coming.

If interested PM me, and send me your link too.
Fastoman likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-15-2018, 09:23 PM

If you blog, do you Vlog? - I would like to think that you could post a link to yours.

Always good to hear the ramblings of a rider.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-16-2018, 07:53 AM Thread Starter

Garage
No video, I was a photographer all my career but stills only. My blog has only personal photos, none of the industrial/commercial/portrait work. I do show some custom framing and have archival framing info (I still do that professionally).

Short stories, essays, rants and observations, photo galleries, framing and info. For motorcycle essays (some of them were posted here with edited versions) including motorcycle essays, see the "Essays and Prose" page.

I will post the link here and if there are objections I'll take it down.

My blog: https://evercleverwilson.com/
onewizard likes this.

Last edited by Smiley; 12-16-2018 at 07:57 AM.
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-16-2018, 11:19 AM
Super Moderator

Forum Rules

You can have a link in your signature or provide a link as Smiley has done Provided there is no advertising or funding on your site
If you have funding or advertising you would need to provide the link through email or PM.
Smiley likes this.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-16-2018, 11:46 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Thanks for the qualifier on posting links.

There is no advertising on my site- I pay for that privilege- ads are a distraction and clutter up sites.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-16-2018, 11:48 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiley View Post
Thanks for the qualifier on posting links.

There is no advertising on my site- I pay for that privilege- ads are a distraction and clutter up sites.
Like I said, you could add a link in your signature, I for one was there but my time today is limited.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-16-2018, 12:05 PM

Garage
I had a motorcycle website dedicated to my daily musings as a cheap bike rider. This was quite a while ago, though. My mom was my biggest fan/critic.
onewizard and Smiley like this.

2016 KLZ1000GBFAL
No mods yet
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-18-2018, 07:50 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 52Degrees View Post
I had a motorcycle website dedicated to my daily musings as a cheap bike rider. This was quite a while ago, though. My mom was my biggest fan/critic.
It takes dedication to keep a blog current, but perseverance can pay off. It's strange to see readers from China, countries in Europe, Central America etc that visit my site- people I do not know. I have had emails from some of them, and although I can barely make out their English, it appears that they enjoy my blog. Perhaps the photos attract them- photos communicate without words.

If you enjoyed writing perhaps you could 'revive' it? The sense of accomplishment is worth as much, if not more, than praise, even if it comes from your mom. My sister, a retired English teacher, is my unpaid editor.

I'd be interested in your "cheap bike rider" approach, being a "frugal" rider myself.

I'm thinking of putting all the motorcycle bits on a separate page, but if you want to see some, visit this link, scroll down through the weak poetic attempts to the moto stuff.

https://evercleverwilson.com/essays-prose/
52Degrees likes this.

Observations on life and motorcycling, short stories and photos, with no annoying political or religious rhetoric
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Smiley; 12-18-2018 at 10:49 AM.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-18-2018, 09:15 AM
Super Moderator

Signature

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiley View Post
It takes dedication to keep a blog current, but perseverance can pay off. It's strange to see readers from China, countries in Europe, Central America etc that visit my site- people I do not know. I have had emails from some of them, and although I can barely make out their English, it appears that they enjoy my blog. Perhaps the photos attract them- photos communicate without words.

If you enjoyed writing perhaps you could 'revive' it? The sense of accomplishment is worth as much, if not more, than praise, even if it comes from your mom. My sister, a retired English teacher, is my unpaid editor.

I'd be interested in your "cheap bike rider" approach, being a "frugal" rider myself.

I'm thinking of putting all the motorcycle bits on a separate page, but if you want to see some visit this link, scroll down through the weak poetic attempts to the moto stuff.

https://evercleverwilson.com/essays-prose/
Glad to see you added the link to your signature.One day I will find the time to view it more extensively.
52Degrees likes this.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-18-2018, 06:09 PM

Garage
I stopped paying for the domain after my $500 1989 Ninja 600 blew up from a botched timing chain job. That was over 8 years ago.

Restarting a cheapskate biker blog while riding a brand-newish Versys with payments based on 24% interest probably won't hold a lot of credibility.
Smiley likes this.

2016 KLZ1000GBFAL
No mods yet
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-19-2018, 08:42 AM Thread Starter

Garage
How about an in-debt, cheap rider blog? If you enjoy writing, it doesn't matter the subject just as long as you are enthused.

24% interest?

That's more than my credit card charges! Did you borrow from Guido The Shark? Don't be missing any payments or you might be missing fingers, or worse.
onewizard and 52Degrees like this.

Observations on life and motorcycling, short stories and photos, with no annoying political or religious rhetoric
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-19-2018, 12:01 PM

Garage
It's an, ummm... rebuilding season for my credit.

Seriously, I haven't used credit since right after I bought my house. It wasn't that I had negative issues on my report. I just had nothing at all.
onewizard and Smiley like this.

2016 KLZ1000GBFAL
No mods yet
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-19-2018, 02:49 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Guido is an understanding man. As long as you make the payments I'm certain that your bike and fingers will remain in your possession.
onewizard and 52Degrees like this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode