Wacky For Sale Ads - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-21-2018, 11:38 AM Thread Starter

Wacky For Sale Ads

Thought I would start a just for fun thread. I like to look at motorcycles for sale on Craigs list. Partly to think about what my next MC might be and partly just because some make me laugh or go hmmmm? So how about posting links to ads with crazy low miles. Let's say at least 3 years old. I will start:
https://tucson.craigslist.org/mcy/d/...753630898.html
Average = 635 miles per year. I am using 2018 as the current year even though there are probably some 2019s on the market. Who holds on to a motorcycle for so long and hardly every rides it. By the way, I live in the desert, so you can ride all year round. Let us know what you find.
52Degrees likes this.

Forty years away from 2 wheel fun. Sure is great to be back smelling the roses!!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-21-2018, 03:22 PM

Garage
a couple years ago there was an ad that described a new Harley with all the cool farkles. at the end of a long list of good stuff, the owner stated the reason for selling was his wife had said "do what ever the ffff you like", and it apparently didn't mean what he thought it meant. wish I had saved a copy of that one... too rich
52Degrees likes this.

if I'm answering your question I assume the basic points have been addressed, such as: did you do a compression test? is it still on fire?
post #3 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-28-2018, 12:56 PM Thread Starter

OK, this ad is not low miles, but it is missing a little information like: Engine size and mileage. Also it is a 14 year old Honda for $3500, must have solid gold foot pegs?
Oh yeah, and this ad is from a city 200 miles from here. Sure makes me want to take a little road trip - NOT!
https://tucson.craigslist.org/mcy/d/...750692802.html
This one makes me say "what the hell are they thinking???"

Forty years away from 2 wheel fun. Sure is great to be back smelling the roses!!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #4 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-28-2018, 02:57 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezerboy View Post
a couple years ago there was an ad that described a new Harley with all the cool farkles. at the end of a long list of good stuff, the owner stated the reason for selling was his wife had said "do what ever the ffff you like", and it apparently didn't mean what he thought it meant. wish I had saved a copy of that one... too rich
Ah, kind of like this one.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	funny-motorbike-sell.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	31.9 KB
ID:	159739  

"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different." - Vonnegut
post #5 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-28-2018, 03:10 PM

Garage
Kawasaki has come out with some really funny ads over the years too. I got a kick out of this one.

No Video

"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different." - Vonnegut

Last edited by Glenn21; 11-28-2018 at 03:12 PM.
post #6 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-29-2018, 10:33 AM Thread Starter

Well, this one qualifies for low mileage with an average of only 435 miles per year. AND, it is a Kawasaki. Best yet, I get a kick out of the fact that Kawasaki had the guts to name a 125cc motorcycle the Eliminator.
https://tucson.craigslist.org/mcy/d/...758136526.html

post #7 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-29-2018, 01:46 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjcintucson View Post
Thought I would start a just for fun thread. I like to look at motorcycles for sale on Craigs list. Partly to think about what my next MC might be and partly just because some make me laugh or go hmmmm? So how about posting links to ads with crazy low miles. Let's say at least 3 years old. I will start:
https://tucson.craigslist.org/mcy/d/...753630898.html
Average = 635 miles per year. I am using 2018 as the current year even though there are probably some 2019s on the market. Who holds on to a motorcycle for so long and hardly every rides it. By the way, I live in the desert, so you can ride all year round. Let us know what you find.
Not uncommon for starter bikes to have low miles. People typically only ride them a short distance per ride and then they either move on or decide it is not really for them but like the idea of having a bike for that occasional ride, or for a friend to use if and when that occurs.

I think my '93 Honda XR250L only had a few thousand miles on it when I bought it about 10 years ago for my sons and friends to play with. Picked it up for $600 and sold it 4 years ago for $1000. The guy who bought it from me recently got $1100 trade in value for it.

The 4 year old Moto Guzzi V7 Café Classic I bought only had 750 miles on it.

Saw an add for a 1985 Honda Shadow 700 at a dealer with 23,000 miles on it.

My Versys Travels:

post #8 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-29-2018, 01:49 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn21 View Post
Ah, kind of like this one.
I remember when one like that one was on ebay.

My Versys Travels:

post #9 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-29-2018, 01:59 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
... I get a kick out of the fact that Kawasaki had the guts to name a 125cc motorcycle the Eliminator.
https://tucson.craigslist.org/mcy/d/...758136526.html
That name indicates that the ELIMINATOR eliminates shoe wear...!

...UNLESS you drag your feet....

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #10 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-30-2018, 09:12 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezerboy View Post
Sort of reminds me of the story about the golfer that shows up on the first tee to play with his regular golfing buddies:

Group: We thought you could not play today because you had to go shopping with your wife.

Golfer: Yes, but I was in the bedroom getting ready for shopping and my wife walks in the bedroom completely naked as says:" tie me to the bed and do what you want"

Golfer: So I tied her to the bed and here I am.
Beezerboy and Fastoman like this.

post #11 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-06-2018, 02:52 PM Thread Starter

Not a wacky ad, but a sentimental one. This is the very first motorcycle I ever owned (not this exact one of course) in 1968 while at the University of Wisconsin. A friend let me keep it in underground parking at his frat house and it was a cold winter in Madison, WI. One day I could not stand it any more and put on every bit of clothing I owned and road the bike around Lake Mendota. I guess that was the start of my life of adventuring against the elements. https://tucson.craigslist.org/mcy/d/...765798802.html
Devilsfan and Glenn21 like this.

post #12 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-06-2018, 07:57 PM

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to silviefox
Quote:
Not a wacky ad, but a sentimental one. This is the very first motorcycle I ever owned (not this exact one of course) in 1968 while at the University of Wisconsin. A friend let me keep it in underground parking at his frat house and it was a cold winter in Madison, WI. One day I could not stand it any more and put on every bit of clothing I owned and road the bike around Lake Mendota. I guess that was the start of my life of adventuring against the elements. https://tucson.craigslist.org/mcy/d/...765798802.html
i just a few weeks ago got 2 of these and plan to semi restore them or sell them, i too have a soft spot for the honda trail 90's also known as a postie in japan... i remember hauling a postie on the back of a postie xD

yes im a guy.
Silvie=latin for. Of the forest /woods. Fox= Vulpine (also my middle name)

"closed mindedness causes bliss in simple minded people"
post #13 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-06-2018, 09:11 PM

Garage
a friend of mine had 2 in the family, so I drove the other pretty often when they were new (mid 60s) & thought they were the world. I went to look at one a few years ago with the thought of buying it and wow... what a lump of crap. really.

if I'm answering your question I assume the basic points have been addressed, such as: did you do a compression test? is it still on fire?
post #14 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-07-2018, 12:03 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
...it was a cold winter in Madison, WI. One day I could not stand it any more and put on every bit of clothing I owned and road the bike around Lake Mendota....
Back around 1967 (while I was doing pilot-training in the RCAF), my older brother got a job offer in Ottawa, Ontario. It was winter, we lived in Edmonton, Alberta, and his ONLY transportation was a Suzuki X6 Hustler (250cc, 6 speed, two-stroke), so he rode from Edmonton to Ottawa on it. Somewhere near 3,000 miles, IN WINTER!

I've hunted in the Canadian Rockies and camped, at -40F, and ICE RACED, and I can't even IMAGINE doing what he did...!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Suzuki X6 Hustler.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	159927  

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC

post #15 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-08-2018, 09:39 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
Back around 1967 (while I was doing pilot-training in the RCAF), my older brother got a job offer in Ottawa, Ontario. It was winter, we lived in Edmonton, Alberta, and his ONLY transportation was a Suzuki X6 Hustler (250cc, 6 speed, two-stroke), so he rode from Edmonton to Ottawa on it. Somewhere near 3,000 miles, IN WINTER!

I've hunted in the Canadian Rockies and camped, at -40F, and ICE RACED, and I can't even IMAGINE doing what he did...!
I spent a little time in Edmonton in the winter..... I was freezing in the cage with the heater going full blast. Can't imagine riding in that weather!

Better to remain silent, and be thought a fool, than speak and remove all doubt.
post #16 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-08-2018, 03:31 PM

Hmmm...if I ever sold mine, my ad might end up on this list.

I've had it 10yrs and have only put about 16k km on it. Just didn't ride as much as I wanted to. Now that the kids can drive themselves places, I'm hoping to ride a lot more...

Dave C
2008 Versys (Red)
post #17 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-09-2018, 11:05 PM

Garage
Remember the Honda Pacific Coast? It was a good source for some funny ads.

"Be the coolest kid in the chess club"

This is the Best Honda Pacific Coast 800 Motorcycle Ad Ever - The Drive

post #18 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-10-2018, 12:00 PM
Super Moderator

REALLY enjoyed that advert. Glenn21!

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC

post #19 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-10-2018, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn21 View Post
Kawasaki has come out with some really funny ads over the years too. I got a kick out of this one.

No Video
Here's your video-

And here is Kawasaki's best commercial ever-

post #20 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-10-2018, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post

My brother got his new in 1970 and loved it.The local cop stopped him one day,told him to get off and give the cop his helmet.The cop gets on the bike and takes off,comes back 15mins later and says these realy do the ton.Better cops in those days.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode