Frustrating vendor - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

2Likes
  • 1 Post By 16VGTIDave
  • 1 Post By fasteddiecopeman

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-17-2018, 02:20 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Frustrating vendor

I just tried to place an order for some parts with a small but reputable US vendor (well known here for their machined aluminium parts). Their online ordering system would not accept a shipping address other than my credit card address. This isn't unusual, and has been a source of frustration for me over the past 20 years as my mailing address is different from my shipping address (thank you Canada Post!). That said, most vendors allow for gift shipping. In this case I wished to have the order, a Christmas gift, shipped to my sister who lives in the US.

So, I emailed the vendor and asked how I could place an order with gift shipping to my sister. I received a reply promptly from the vendor that said they wouldn't accept orders that weren't shipped to the credit card holder's address due to issues in the past. Their suggestion was to have my sister place the order. However, as the parts were to be a gift for my sister, this wasn't an option. If I were to have the order shipped to me, I'd have to pay international shipping (approx 50% the cost of the order, or 100% for expidited shipping), plus any duties, fees, taxes etc. to bring the order into Canada. Then, I'd have to hope and pray that our postal service (who is on rotating strike and about to stop delivering ALL international shipments) would deliver the parcel to me in time for me to ship it back to the US, all before Christmas. I emailed the vendor back and asked if they sold their products through other channels such as Amazon, eBay, etc. and got a 1 word reply of "no".

It appeared that there was no way this was going work. Too expensive (sorry Sis!) and highly unlikely to succeed (screw you Canada Post unionized non-workers!). At no time did the vendor suggest using G-Pay or Apple Pay, which are their other accepted forms of payment. It is easy and painless to add additional address' to these services. ARGHHH!!!! I got myself all frustrated for no good reason! The vendor almost lost a sale, and most likely me as a returning customer/ambassador. What business can afford to do that? Especially a small business???

I'll be placing my order next week, once my sister is back home from Thanksgiving travels and can receive the parcel. She better not unwrap it before Christmas!
onewizard likes this.

2011 V650 in Black, well accessorized.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-18-2018, 01:19 AM

Maybe no PayPal, yon don't have mentioned it.
But don't they accept bank wire?

Nobody thinks that something is so easy like who is totally unable to do it.

Kawasaki Versys 07 Orange
Ex Aprilia Pegaso 96 Blue
Ex Suzuki DR 350 91

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-18-2018, 05:36 PM Thread Starter

Garage
They don't accept paypal, and international bank transfers take too long and cost too much while offering no protection for anyone other than the banks.

2011 V650 in Black, well accessorized.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-19-2018, 12:19 AM

International bank wire, sure...

The only way for you is to change shop.
You have a need and you have to find the dealer that better satisfy you.
You found the cheaper seller, but he will deliver to you and then you have to ship to your sister.
You will find a most expensive dealer that deliver to your sister and the total expense will be less.

I bought an oven.
The better dealer charged 10 more Euro for delivery in Sicily , only for Sicily and Sardinia, nothing for other counties in Italy!! I can understand about Sardinia, but not for Sicily where there are most airports and where is so easy to jump in by road...
I bought from another dealer, I payed a bit more for the oven and less for shipping charges. Total price was the same, but I can't accept that policy.

Nobody thinks that something is so easy like who is totally unable to do it.

Kawasaki Versys 07 Orange
Ex Aprilia Pegaso 96 Blue
Ex Suzuki DR 350 91

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-19-2018, 04:58 PM
Super Moderator

When I order FROM Canada, to get stuff FROM the USA, I ask them to ship via USPS to avoid that "brokerage fee" BS from UPS and FedEx, or I WON'T order.

So far it's worked.
P.E. likes this.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode