Kawasaki Demo Rides...Guess I'll Pass - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

4Likes
  • 2 Post By Glenn21
  • 1 Post By weljo2001
  • 1 Post By SouthernCruizer

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-16-2018, 04:30 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Kawasaki Demo Rides...Guess I'll Pass

Was going to go and hopefully ride the new V-1K or the New H2 SE Plus..But this is all they have....

Join us at the Long Beach International Motorcycle Show, November 16-18, 2018. We’re excited to introduce our latest and greatest 2019 models, and this is your chance to be among the first to experience them.

Consumer Display hours:
Friday: 3:00pm - 8:00pm
Saturday: 9:30am - 8:00pm
Sunday: 10:00am - 5:00pm

Consumer Street Motorcycle Demos hours:
Saturday: 9:00am - 4:00pm
Sunday: 9:00am - 4:00pm

Kawasaki Demo models: *Need a valid driver license with motorcycle endorsement. Proper riding gear required: helmet, eye protection, jacket, gloves, long pants, closed toe shoes.
Ninja 400
Ninja 650
Vulcan S
All-new Ninja ZX-6R
Z650
Z900 ABS
Z900RS
Z900RS CAFE

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett

Last edited by weljo2001; 11-16-2018 at 04:35 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-16-2018, 04:51 PM

Garage
Heck, I'd still love to take the RS and RS Cafe for a spin.
Buffalo_Bob and Devilsfan like this.

"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different." - Vonnegut
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-16-2018, 11:25 PM

They may have more available, those demo lists are never accurate.

When I did the Yamaha demo they had the Tracer 900GT on the truck completely unannounced.

When I did the Suzuki demo they only listed 6 bikes in the promo material, but they had almost the entire Suzuki lineup on the truck save for the Gixxer 600 and the cruisers other than the M109R.
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-17-2018, 07:05 AM

I'd still go and I'd still ride as many as I could!
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-17-2018, 07:22 AM

Garage
Kawasaki's peak when it came to demo rides started in '08 when they started revamping their entire lineup. I bought several bikes based on the demo rides I took from '09 - '11. After that they only showed up t the major shows that aren't anywhere near me.

Over the past few years the only DEMO trucks I have seen are Harley, Indian, and Yamaha. BMW and Triumph have a demo any bike policy in my area so that is nice if you can find one you want to demo. The dealer I bought my Moto Guzzi from will let you demo any used bike and some new bikes if you are a serious buyer.

My Versys Travels:

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-17-2018, 09:03 AM

It seems strange to me that marketing/sales professionals don't understand the power of demos and having the products in the showroom. There are many things I would never buy without first testing, including motorcycles and guitars, yet those things are ultimately emotion driven purchases. If I can't test Brand A in person but Brand B has one I can touch, chances are Brand B gets my $$$.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-17-2018, 02:40 PM

Garage
Insurance now plays a big part in what is offered for demo rides. If they are held at all. Most motorcycle dealerships around me have a "no test ride" policy as they can't afford the insurance. As a result, I bought my V having never ridden it.

The one and only demo ride I went to (Yamaha) required a full motorcycle endorsement to ride their big sport bike. And a helmet, though the dealer had loaner helmets if required. I was still going through the graduated licensing process at the time, but had over 50,000 km logged. I also had full gear on as I had ridden to the event. Not eligible. Most of the people who were allowed to ride the big sport bike had less than 20,000 km lifetime riding experience, but had been licensed for decades, therefore had experience. One guy even popped heart meds just before he rode the bike. "Just in case" he said. I rode the R-3, FZ-07, FJ-09 and Super Tenere, and had no interest in the sport bike anyways. I bought my V the next summer.

2011 V650 in Black, well accessorized.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-17-2018, 06:45 PM

I'll also add...poo-poo'ing a Demo Ride day can be a missed opportunity! Like the recent Yamaha demo ride day I went to. I really just went to try out something different. I wound up falling in love with that FJR!!! I had really little-to-no interest in anything Yamaha but now, after riding one...I can't stop thinking about it!

Demo rides may open your eyes to other motorcycles that you never would have thought of prior to jumping on one.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-17-2018, 08:54 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilsfan View Post
I'll also add...poo-poo'ing a Demo Ride day can be a missed opportunity! Like the recent Yamaha demo ride day I went to. I really just went to try out something different. I wound up falling in love with that FJR!!! I had really little-to-no interest in anything Yamaha but now, after riding one...I can't stop thinking about it!

Demo rides may open your eyes to other motorcycles that you never would have thought of prior to jumping on one.

I had an FJR. But with a bad hip and 2 bad knees i could never make the bike comfortable for me.....The one bike i wanted to test ride was the 2019 Kawasaki H2 SX SE+ Just curious if i would have the same problem as my FJR...My dealership lets me test ride bikes so if i want i can just test ride it there...
Devilsfan likes this.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-18-2018, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
I had an FJR. But with a bad hip and 2 bad knees i could never make the bike comfortable for me.....The one bike i wanted to test ride was the 2019 Kawasaki H2 SX SE+ Just curious if i would have the same problem as my FJR...My dealership lets me test ride bikes so if i want i can just test ride it there...
Try this site out for fitment of most make/model bikes >> Motorcycle Ergonomics
The new H2 models are not in it yet, but if you can find a similar model, it might give you some idea how it would fit vs the Feejer.
weljo2001 likes this.

Jay™
2016 Versys 1000
2016 Versys 650
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-18-2018, 01:58 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernCruizer View Post
Try this site out for fitment of most make/model bikes >> Motorcycle Ergonomics
The new H2 models are not in it yet, but if you can find a similar model, it might give you some idea how it would fit vs the Feejer.

Thanks, I've had that web-site bookmarked in my favorites for a few years now. Its nice to be able to see how you would fit on the bike without leaving the comforts of home..

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode