Fires in California - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

3Likes
  • 3 Post By 52Degrees

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-13-2018, 12:32 AM Thread Starter

Fires in California

Hi guys, what's the situation?
Are you all ok?

Nobody thinks that something is so easy like who is totally unable to do it.

Kawasaki Versys 07 Orange
Ex Aprilia Pegaso 96 Blue
Ex Suzuki DR 350 91

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-13-2018, 01:00 AM

Garage
We live about an hour and a half away from the fires. We're fine where we are not a lot of trees and underbrush around here....

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-13-2018, 01:17 AM

Garage

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-13-2018, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
At the 4 minute mark he talks about Paramount Ranch then rides over to near it. It was a really cool western town movie set about one block long. They shot a number of western movies there over the years.

I was first introduced to it waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in around 1970. Me and a buddy headed down south to ride in a Sunday TT race at Ascot park. My bud was good friends with Eddie Mulder so we stayed at his house arriving late Friday night. Eddie rolls in early Saturday morning and announces he is going to Paramount Ranch for a movie shoot. He says they need some extras on bikes, it pays $35 and you get fed lunch to boot. Eddie besides being a top flight flat track and TT racer was also a stunt rider for several of the studios.

So off we go to the ranch. The movie was called Cycle Psychos and as you may have guessed was somewhere way south of a B minus adventure. We were involved in the filming of a couple of scenes. The first scene had us riding down one of the small hills in a chase scene while they filmed us from above in a helicopter.

The second scene we shot was the goal of the first chase scene. Mulder was on a 360 Montesa, dressed as a cowboy attempting to rope and stop Bud Ekins who was riding a bike you had to see to believe. It was an old AJS 650 twin that looked more horse than bike. It had a saddle for a seat. Real bull horns for handle bars and horse style saddle bags. After several attempts Eddie managed to get the rope to land around Bud.

The final scene had the lasso around Bud on the AJS with the other end tied to a tree. Pretty sure you can figure out where this is heading...Lol. Bud gets going around 7 or 8 mph and when he gets to the end of the rope...Yep it was classic.

Never saw the finished movie. Not even sure if it actually made it into production.

It's really sad to hear that the old ranch is no more. It was like a little of Tombstone tucked away in the hills above Agoura Hills.

Cookin Wid Gas

2015 V-650 of course it's green...it's a Kazawalski.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-13-2018, 01:33 PM

Garage
I'm a couple hours from the northern fires. It looks like constant fog here. You can taste the smoke in the air.

The town of Paradise burned. There's nothing left except the store I sometimes deliver to. Cal Fire has staged in the parking lot there, since the store is closed due to a lack of population to support it.

This tragic situation is the cumulative effect of horrible wildland management. Nature burns. It's part of the deal. If you don't let nature do what it normally does, it takes control from you and does it anyway. And, when it does, it's always worse than anyone could imagine.

Nature doesn't need us.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk
duffyduck1, Fastoman and weljo2001 like this.

2016 KLZ1000GBFAL
No mods yet
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-13-2018, 01:44 PM

Here in the Sacramento area, we are seeing lots of smoke from the huge Camp Fire, the deadliest fire in California history, which completely wiped out Paradise, CA a small town of 27,000 people about 90 miles north. 43 dead so far with over 200 missing, and has consumed 125,000 acres so far. The smoke is so bad that it drifts hundreds of miles to San Francisco to the west, and hundreds of miles through the Central Valley of California. In our area, many colleges are closed because of unhealthy air. They're talking about possibly two weeks before this one is completely in control.

We are hopefully due for some long overdue rain by next week.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode