California weirdos/starting a YouTube channel - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

16Likes
  • 1 Post By 52Degrees
  • 1 Post By weljo2001
  • 1 Post By weljo2001
  • 3 Post By weljo2001
  • 1 Post By onewizard
  • 2 Post By 52Degrees
  • 2 Post By 52Degrees
  • 1 Post By weljo2001
  • 1 Post By onewizard
  • 1 Post By 52Degrees
  • 1 Post By weljo2001
  • 1 Post By 52Degrees

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-03-2018, 03:47 AM Thread Starter

Garage
California weirdos/starting a YouTube channel

I've been thinking of starting a motovlog on YouTube for a few weeks. Seems like a fun thing to do, and I've been recording my rides anyway.

Had a good one last night. Some marked security car (retired Crown Vic Police Interceptor, compete with led light bar) sailed past me in the fast lane, forcing me to wait in the number 2 lane as I approached a truck. Naturally, I ended up behind the rent-a-cop car, and noticed about a 10 mpg increase in fuel economy, and no real buffeting. Seemed like a pretty good deal, so I chilled out behind him for a few miles, until he peeled off to take an exit.

Well, now I'm on the hunt for another 50+ mpg wind blocker and find this pickup, but he's going a lot slower.

Next thing I know, rent-a-cop blows by in the fast lane again!

Sweet! We're back on, baby! I fall back in behind him and now we're cooking with gas!

After a bit, I start to notice a lot of debris coming from him and hitting me. Like confetti or something, I don't know. It's 0400 and very dark out.

Out of the blue, he changes lanes. Thinking something must be in the road, I follow and he SLAMS on his brakes.

Now I'm thinking he hit something in the road or something weird just happened to his car, so I'm quartering behind him and looking for something to come spinning off his car. He's almost stopped in the number 2 lane and I'm not seeing anything. So, I start to go around.

Dude sticks his head out the window and yells something about calling CHP on me or whatever. That was about the time I realized he was pissed and had tried to brake-check me, but I wasn't close enough for it to be an issue.

Anyway, he evidently owns the company he works for, so contacting his boss didn't get me very far.

So, it'll be my first video upload to YouTube.

I'll edit tomorrow and post it up as soon afterward as I can. Channel name is MotoNerd if you want to watch.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk
weljo2001 likes this.

2016 KLZ1000GBFAL
No mods yet
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-03-2018, 11:24 AM

Garage
Yep living out here in Cali you will get plenty of footage of dip**** drivers. I use to post a lot of videos but lately I've become numb to the madness....Will check out your channel...
52Degrees likes this.

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-03-2018, 11:29 AM

Garage
Seems to be more than one MotoNerd channel......You should post the link to the channels address
52Degrees likes this.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-03-2018, 01:36 PM

Garage
After my girlfriends car got totaled out by a tire coming off an 18 wheeler back in 2012. I put a camera in her car and also put one in the Xterra a little while back...First footage with the new camera in the Xterra..
.....Adjusted the camera lower...

390308_2672953497588_746487557_n by
weljo2001, on Flickr

Viofo A119 Dash Cam by weljo2001, on Flickr
onewizard, Fastoman and 52Degrees like this.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

Last edited by weljo2001; 10-03-2018 at 01:42 PM.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-03-2018, 01:52 PM
Super Moderator

Word of Caution

Quote:
Originally Posted by 52Degrees View Post
I've been thinking of starting a motovlog on YouTube for a few weeks. Seems like a fun thing to do, and I've been recording my rides anyway.

So, it'll be my first video upload to YouTube.

I'll edit tomorrow and post it up as soon afterward as I can. Channel name is MotoNerd if you want to watch.

One of the rules of this forum is about redirecting members to other forums that have advertising which takes away from this forum, as advertising is what makes this forum free to members. So if there are adds etc., I would be obligated to remove that link. Just a heads up.
52Degrees likes this.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-03-2018, 02:51 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Ooh! Thanks for the info. I have no intention of violating the terms and conditions here.

Not on purpose anyway.

onewizard and Fastoman like this.

2016 KLZ1000GBFAL
No mods yet
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-04-2018, 07:31 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Here it is!

onewizard and weljo2001 like this.

2016 KLZ1000GBFAL
No mods yet
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-04-2018, 08:56 PM

Garage
Quote:
Here it is!

https://youtu.be/U7Sy4C-N7ts

Just subbed your channel...
52Degrees likes this.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-04-2018, 09:18 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Thanks!

2016 KLZ1000GBFAL
No mods yet
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-05-2018, 11:16 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Thanks!

That was downright weird, had anything progressed beyond, you would at least have video. My guess is the headlight from your bike was distracting him, he may have tried losing you and may have thought you had it out for him. I have done the reverse, where a truck was on my ass, I sped up he stayed behind, I slow down he stayed behind, finally I signaled and got off to the shoulder and let him pass. Some years ago, we had a couple posted a video where a guy hated bikes, he pulled over while they were passing him, they crashed, ended up in court as a second bike following had it on video, the dude said he didn't care. I regard this to being on a sail boat, under sail you have right of way, you want to dispute that with a tanker , go for it, Big is Right. I would rather be alive rather than prove I am right.
52Degrees likes this.
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-05-2018, 12:57 PM Thread Starter

Garage
I just ordered a used gopro, so hopefully my night shots will be a bit clearer. You can almost see the debris on the video toward the end. There was a hay truck up ahead.

I don't know what rent-a-cop's problem was either. Maybe on a wannabe LEO power trip?

2016 KLZ1000GBFAL
No mods yet
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-05-2018, 01:09 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
After my girlfriends car got totaled out by a tire coming off an 18 wheeler back in 2012. I put a camera in her car and also put one in the Xterra a little while back...First footage with the new camera in the Xterra..https://youtu.be/0AoEAfVakB0 .....Adjusted the camera lower...https://youtu.be/F0mGlEhY-vs

390308_2672953497588_746487557_n by
weljo2001, on Flickr

Viofo A119 Dash Cam by weljo2001, on Flickr
Funny related story...

I was diving across New Mexico a few years ago, radio off, kind of lost in my head.

I caught some motion in the left mirror and took a closer look. There was a tire bouncing down the center divide!

Being the easily amused type, I laughed and said out loud that someone was going to miss that tire.

Then I realized there weren't any other trucks around.

This was surprising, to say the least. It didn't blow, that would have been EXTREMELY obvious. I thought it must have gone flat and rolled off the wheel before I heard it slapping.

So I stopped and walked back to have a look.

There I was, standing in the middle of the slow lane, scratching my head in bewilderment... I was missing 2 tire/wheel combos from the right rear trailer axle, along with the brake drum! They were GONE!

I never heard it felt anything. If I hadn't seen the one tire bouncing down the center median behind me, I wouldn't have known until my post-trip.

weljo2001 likes this.

2016 KLZ1000GBFAL
No mods yet
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-05-2018, 03:09 PM

Garage
Quote:
Funny related story...

I was diving across New Mexico a few years ago, radio off, kind of lost in my head.

I caught some motion in the left mirror and took a closer look. There was a tire bouncing down the center divide!

Being the easily amused type, I laughed and said out loud that someone was going to miss that tire.

Then I realized there weren't any other trucks around.

This was surprising, to say the least. It didn't blow, that would have been EXTREMELY obvious. I thought it must have gone flat and rolled off the wheel before I heard it slapping.

So I stopped and walked back to have a look.

There I was, standing in the middle of the slow lane, scratching my head in bewilderment... I was missing 2 tire/wheel combos from the right rear trailer axle, along with the brake drum! They were GONE!

I never heard it felt anything. If I hadn't seen the one tire bouncing down the center median behind me, I wouldn't have known until my post-trip.

I've had 3 tires come at me while i was driving 2 when i was a teenager. Both came from the opposite side of the freeway and one went right over our car. The 3rd when i was on my V-650 came off a boat trailer. You can see it in this video.You can skip the first 50 seconds....
52Degrees likes this.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-05-2018, 03:12 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Lol. He's gonna miss those.

Glad you did, too.

weljo2001 likes this.

2016 KLZ1000GBFAL
No mods yet
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-05-2018, 03:14 PM Thread Starter

Garage
I was in Iowa when someone's boat trailer lost a tire. I watched it football bounce back and forth across east and west bound lanes when a Toyota Highlander finally ran it over.

Highlander left on a hook.

2016 KLZ1000GBFAL
No mods yet
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode