Sore Foot Had Me Grounded For A Week - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-01-2018, 07:53 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Sore Foot Had Me Grounded For A Week

Right foot was hurting when i woke up last Monday. Spot on the right side of the foot was sore. Thought i might have hit it backing the bike out of the garage Sunday but couldn't be sure. So last Monday rode the bike to the bank then to wal-mart and grabbed lunch. foot was hurting more. Tuesday foot was hurting like hell and was sore in a bigger area with swelling. Took it easy for a few days the side of the foot was okay b ut now the pain was in the joint area of the big toe and on the bottom of the foot just under the big toe. Had me down all last week. Better today but still hurts. Rode the bike to the bank and noticed the pain is right where my foot presses on the brake petal and where my foot contacts when i come up to stops...Thinking it might be Gout so have some stuff ordered for it. All i know is that it hurts like hell...

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-01-2018, 08:01 PM

Seriously...hope you heal up quick!
weljo2001 likes this.

Last edited by Devilsfan; 10-01-2018 at 08:05 PM.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-01-2018, 08:04 PM

Have you tried hard sole boots to see if that helps? Sorry man.
weljo2001 likes this.
post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-01-2018, 08:51 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle E View Post
Have you tried hard sole boots to see if that helps? Sorry man.

I have a pair of TCX riding shoes i usually wear but today i pulled out a pair of Sidi Dohas i bought last year when they got discontinued. They have a really sturdy sole and are much more protective than the TCX..

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-01-2018, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Right foot was hurting when i woke up last Monday. Spot on the right side of the foot was sore. Thought i might have hit it backing the bike out of the garage Sunday but couldn't be sure. So last Monday rode the bike to the bank then to wal-mart and grabbed lunch. foot was hurting more. Tuesday foot was hurting like hell and was sore in a bigger area with swelling. Took it easy for a few days the side of the foot was okay b ut now the pain was in the joint area of the big toe and on the bottom of the foot just under the big toe. Had me down all last week. Better today but still hurts. Rode the bike to the bank and noticed the pain is right where my foot presses on the brake petal and where my foot contacts when i come up to stops...Thinking it might be Gout so have some stuff ordered for it. All i know is that it hurts like hell...
Nuthin worse than jacked up landing gear. I busted up both feet, right leg, and left knee in a bad accident back in 1977. The pain has never stopped.

As I get older it gets worse so as Slick Willy once said: "I feel your pain."

Hope it gets better soon Joe.

Cookin Wid Gas

2015 V-650 of course it's green...it's a Kazawalski.
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-02-2018, 11:12 AM

Joe, hope you are doing better. If it's the gout, I'm surprised it's its affecting that big of an area out of the blue. Usually starts on one joint of a toe and works that one pretty hard. I got a case of lateral plantar facetious years ago, being on the side of the foot versus the normal version on the whole back side. In some positions it was like 10,000 volts going through my foot. Got rid of it and done maintenance to keep it at bay by doing some of those leg and foot stretches you used to do when practicing your martial arts. Had gone to a foot doctor friend, and he kindly reminded be that I was getting f...ing old. Good luck. Hope to see you again early next year. son is doing good down in Dana Point, now being about 15 months clean and sober.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PB044678.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	58.4 KB
ID:	158425  

rayj
2009 Versys (Mine's Green)
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-02-2018, 11:14 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkerjet View Post
Nuthin worse than jacked up landing gear. I busted up both feet, right leg, and left knee in a bad accident back in 1977. The pain has never stopped.

As I get older it gets worse so as Slick Willy once said: "I feel your pain."

Hope it gets better soon Joe.

Oh Yea, Advil is my best friend these days. Messed up my left knee playing high school football. Then in 2011 got hit by a car on my V-650 and that took out my other knee had a fractured femur & tibia. They wanted to replace the knee but i said no. I should have listened to the doctors and in 2009 i hit a slick spot on some concrete and did the splits and jacked up my hip. So i know my riding days are numbered. Seems I'm riding less these days because of the aches and pains already...

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-02-2018, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Oh Yea, Advil is my best friend these days. Messed up my left knee playing high school football. Then in 2011 got hit by a car on my V-650 and that took out my other knee had a fractured femur & tibia. They wanted to replace the knee but i said no. I should have listened to the doctors and in 2009 i hit a slick spot on some concrete and did the splits and jacked up my hip. So i know my riding days are numbered. Seems I'm riding less these days because of the aches and pains already...
Naproxin keeps me going...sort of.

At least I can still ride. I feel the closest to "normal" when on the bike.

Cheers.
weljo2001 likes this.

Cookin Wid Gas

post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-02-2018, 01:03 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayj View Post
Joe, hope you are doing better. If it's the gout, I'm surprised it's its affecting that big of an area out of the blue. Usually starts on one joint of a toe and works that one pretty hard. I got a case of lateral plantar facetious years ago, being on the side of the foot versus the normal version on the whole back side. In some positions it was like 10,000 volts going through my foot. Got rid of it and done maintenance to keep it at bay by doing some of those leg and foot stretches you used to do when practicing your martial arts. Had gone to a foot doctor friend, and he kindly reminded be that I was getting f...ing old. Good luck. Hope to see you again early next year. son is doing good down in Dana Point, now being about 15 months clean and sober.
What was weird was it started at one point and moved to a couple of others before settling into my big toe. Went up a size in my tennis shoes have been wearing size 13 since 10th grade but noticed the last year or 2 that size felt smaller so had to get a size 14 and they fit perfect.. Yep old age is starting to suck but it beats being dead. Looking forward to you coming down. Glad to hear your son is doing well that'll take a lot of stress of of you...

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-02-2018, 04:39 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
...Thinking it might be Gout so have some stuff ordered for it. All i know is that it hurts like hell...
My favorite cousin [and hunting partner] had gout, so I got to watch him.... HOPE you don't have it Joe.

Quote:
...Seems I'm riding less these days because of the aches and pains already...
Joe - PAIN is God's way to remind us that those 'parts' are still THERE...!

Fastoman and weljo2001 like this.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-02-2018, 04:53 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
My favorite cousin [and hunting partner] had gout, so I got to watch him.... HOPE you don't have it Joe.

Joe - PAIN is God's way to remind us that those 'parts' are still THERE...!

Never had an issue with my foot before so hopefully i just kicked something i don't remember....

Well God is telling me loud and clear that they are still here..
Fastoman likes this.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-02-2018, 09:37 PM
Super Moderator

Maybe God is telling us not to take life for granted. These days when age is catching up I push myself at the Gym to keep the blood flowing. Most of us give up, that's when pain tell us , we should change.

All the best and trust all of you will have more happy riding years.
weljo2001 likes this.
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-03-2018, 12:44 AM

Yeah, sounds like a gout. I have it. Flare ups are hell. The only thing helps me is colchicine. Nasty stuff and can't buy it in US, but it works. Also have to figure out how to take it.
weljo2001 likes this.
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-03-2018, 11:31 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastoman View Post
Maybe God is telling us not to take life for granted. These days when age is catching up I push myself at the Gym to keep the blood flowing. Most of us give up, that's when pain tell us , we should change.

All the best and trust all of you will have more happy riding years.

Been thinking about working out again. Seems I've gotten lazy the last few years..
Fastoman likes this.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-03-2018, 11:32 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Althau View Post
Yeah, sounds like a gout. I have it. Flare ups are hell. The only thing helps me is colchicine. Nasty stuff and can't buy it in US, but it works. Also have to figure out how to take it.

My brother used to get it a lot but this was a first time for me. Will have to look into the colchicine....Thanks.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-03-2018, 11:45 AM

I have diabetic neuropathy and sometimes I can't feel my toes (right foot) and sometimes I have shooting pain in the big toe.............I never have much of a problem with either when riding the bike...........night times can be pretty bad however. I use a high dosage B12 to control the phantom pain.
weljo2001 likes this.
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-03-2018, 11:54 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
I have diabetic neuropathy and sometimes I can't feel my toes (right foot) and sometimes I have shooting pain in the big toe.............I never have much of a problem with either when riding the bike...........night times can be pretty bad however. I use a high dosage B12 to control the phantom pain.

Ordered some of this to try....https://www.amazon.com/Support-Clean...WRV9ZT6ZMVWAT7

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-04-2018, 03:42 PM

Quote:
If what you have is gout then that should help..........eating cherries helps also.
weljo2001 likes this.
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-04-2018, 05:35 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
If what you have is gout then that should help..........eating cherries helps also.

Yep, My little brother had issues with gout and i use to buy him cherry juice. I went to the store today and thats the one thing i forgot to pick up.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-04-2018, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Yep, My little brother had issues with gout and i use to buy him cherry juice. I went to the store today and thats the one thing i forgot to pick up.
Just be glad you don't have furniture disease.

That's the one where your chest drops down into your drawers...Lol.

Not just the gals get it, some guys do too!
weljo2001 likes this.

Cookin Wid Gas

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode