Hurricane Florence! - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

5Likes
  • 4 Post By Devilsfan
  • 1 Post By BEACHBUM

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-12-2018, 04:38 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Hurricane Florence!

For all of you living in and around the Carolina's...saying a prayer for you and yours for a safe storm pass-through.

Us Floridians know a little something about hurricanes! Just remember, it's not always the hurricane itself that's devastating but the flooding and power outages. Massive flooding can bring in a lot of unlivable conditions and critters that you don't normally want around, not to mention the possible sewage back-ups! And the power can sometimes go out for weeks, even months! Since the stores are emptied out make sure you have non-perishables as, chances are, your refrigerators will be out for a while.

So whether you're leaving or hunkering down, be safe and post up when the storm passes so the forum can know you're all OK!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-12-2018, 06:24 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-12-2018, 06:33 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Stay safe everyone!

2017 Kawasaki Versys-X 300; 2010 Suzuki V-Strom 650; 1988 Suzuki GSXR1100J
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-12-2018, 07:35 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Yep, My sister is about 20 minutes out from Charleston. She's stocked up and has a generator. But will be leaving her house to take shelter at a near by school during the storm. I lived in Moncks Corner also about 20 minutes out of Charleston when Hugo hit in the late 80's. I had over 200 pine trees in my yard and lost 99 of them in the storm 8 of them wound up on my roof. There were 27 toronados in Berkley County alone. One went across my property about 18 feet off the ground you could see the path it took because the trees in its path were twisted off at about 18 feet. Power was out for 3 weeks. Not a fun time at all.....

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-13-2018, 11:22 AM

overwash in several places on Hatteras island, expect the road to be cut. Life in paradise
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-13-2018, 05:23 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEACHBUM View Post
overwash in several places on Hatteras island, expect the road to be cut. Life in paradise
My wife enjoys shows on TV like "House Hunters". A recent show had a couple buying a place near Hatteras.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC

Last edited by fasteddiecopeman; 09-14-2018 at 12:52 PM.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-14-2018, 07:01 AM

highway 12 is closed due to over wash and there is some water damage to beach front rentals, but in the old village ( where the po folks live) all is well. dodged a bullet.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-14-2018, 09:21 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Don't forget to stock up on petrol for your Versys.

A set of motorcycle pontoons would be a good idea too. Make sure to include the rudder attachment.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ksr2006_motorcycle.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	140.4 KB
ID:	158231   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lawnmower-Drives-on-WATER.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	158233   Click image for larger version

Name:	RedneckSwampBike.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	89.2 KB
ID:	158235   Click image for larger version

Name:	amphibious-bicycle-5.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	158237  

Cookin Wid Gas

2015 V-650 of course it's green...it's a Kazawalski.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-14-2018, 02:37 PM

good luck with the post storm clean up.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-17-2018, 12:21 PM

My cousin in the Jacksonville area had his home flooded, my 96 year old mom ( yes she still lives alone in Kinston) lost power and water, power just coming on again. Here I am on a sandbar 30 miles offshore, no flooding, no loss of power. I don't think the liquor store even closed. Sometimes you find safety in the strangest places.
onewizard likes this.
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-17-2018, 04:31 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
My cousin in the Jacksonville area had his home flooded, my 96 year old mom ( yes she still lives alone in Kinston) lost power and water, power just coming on again. Here I am on a sandbar 30 miles offshore, no flooding, no loss of power. I don't think the liquor store even closed. Sometimes you find safety in the strangest places.
Glad to hear you're OK and I hope your mother is being taken care of. Prayers that your cousin's insurance is going to cover the damage!
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-17-2018, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilsfan View Post
Glad to hear you're OK and I hope your mother is being taken care of. Prayers that your cousin's insurance is going to cover the damage!
Thanks. Mom is fine and cared for by neighbors of 40 years.
Cousin Eddie's wife just underwent open heart surgery and a serious colon issue.....now this. At this point he cannot reach his home but has seen pictures.
Don't mean to unload on everyone, this is just one story of thousands. Some of these folks will never recover.
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-17-2018, 08:28 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Stay safe . God bless all.
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-17-2018, 09:14 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Thanks. Mom is fine and cared for by neighbors of 40 years.
Cousin Eddie's wife just underwent open heart surgery and a serious colon issue.....now this. At this point he cannot reach his home but has seen pictures.
Don't mean to unload on everyone, this is just one story of thousands. Some of these folks will never recover.
Awww, man. Sorry to hear your cousin's having to deal with all that. Hopefully you can help him out somehow. No problem with "unloading" on here.
Prayers sent.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-18-2018, 06:27 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
...Don't mean to unload on everyone, this is just one story of thousands. Some of these folks will never recover.
You AIN'T "unloading". God Bless!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastoman View Post
Stay safe . God bless all.
God Bless!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilsfan View Post
Awww, man. Sorry to hear your cousin's having to deal with all that. Hopefully you can help him out somehow. No problem with "unloading" on here.
Prayers sent.
God Bless!

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode