Gone swimming. First time in flooding streets with 2 wheels. Video. - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

4Likes
  • 4 Post By weljo2001

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-15-2018, 02:41 PM Thread Starter

Gone swimming. First time in flooding streets with 2 wheels. Video.

No chance of rain on my end of town. Guess the other side of town had other ideas... Went to a get together with loud movie going so I never heard the rain. When I go to leave, the streets were already flooded. Here in Vegas, the streets flood if we get 0.05". I've never ridden in the wet, so this was a completely new experience for me. Learned a bit, totally stable, no issues. It was a lot of fun.

One stop light the water was over my ankles.... hah! My boots are still soaking wet!

Here are a few clips I cut together for fun.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-15-2018, 05:39 PM

western cities tend to flash flood whenever it rains more than a smidgen. never cross when the water is rushing.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-16-2018, 10:18 AM

Like the waterproofs!
My only experience of serious water was on a Kwaka GT750 along time ago and the front wheel lifted up, started aquaplaning, scary when i think back. Your experience a little different as the water looks fairly deep.
I guess it'll keep the engine cool!!!!!
Safe riding.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-16-2018, 11:08 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyvous59 View Post
western cities tend to flash flood whenever it rains more than a smidgen. never cross when the water is rushing.
Yep, Ive been living in Vegas for 40 years. Ankle deep water is no big deal. Its when its bumper deep that it has force. I had to take a bunch of detours to keep off the street I know flood bad and have swift moving water in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishforpike View Post
Like the waterproofs!
Custom made by Aerostich! Hah! I actual left my gloves and jacket at the friends house no point in getting them all wet. We don't need waterproofs here. The only other time Ive ridden in the wet, it was literally enough to put 20 drops on my visor. Before you want to move here, remember on my way to the party at 7PM it was 46c seriously 114f.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-16-2018, 11:45 AM

Garage
All that rain is from Evil Knievel pissing on Vegas because of Travis Pastrana...

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-16-2018, 12:52 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
All that rain is from Evil Knievel pissing on Vegas because of Travis Pastrana...
I ride past a mural of EK on a power box everyday. I keep waiting for some enterprising soul to paint a frown on it after the Pastrana jump.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (62).jpg
Views:	26
Size:	21.1 KB
ID:	156545  
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-19-2018, 11:46 AM

Garage
A few years back I totalled my old Versys. I hydroplaned on braking with almost brand new Michelin Road Pilot 3 tires with that kind of water, in fact both wheels were in a very long (~200ft), shallow, puddle, of solid water, it is very easy to do, and was very unexpected. Suddenly the front wheel feels like it is on ice with front brake applied and you are approaching a stopped car so your immediate instinctive reaction is to squeeze tighter which causes the bike to low side. On the upside body sliding (in gear) on pavement that wet causes virtually no abrasive damage to gear or person. Learn from my mistake, be extremely careful to allow for slow, gradual stops on a very wet road. It was unexpected because the tires provided great traction in the wet, up until the point they did not.

Last edited by twowheels; 07-19-2018 at 11:51 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode