Such A Tragedy - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

11Likes
  • 5 Post By motorboy
  • 1 Post By webmost
  • 1 Post By fasteddiecopeman
  • 1 Post By rayj

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-22-2018, 07:55 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Garage
Such A Tragedy

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ouse-collapses

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-22-2018, 07:58 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Indeed. Where will the be putting the burbon? I should send my adress

Enviado do meu G3221 através do Tapatalk
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-22-2018, 11:07 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
And in a unrelated story sponge sales in Bardstown Kentucky have increased 1000%-reason unknown at this time

Deep in Cajun Country
post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-23-2018, 07:02 AM

Garage
Bardstown has the happiest dogs in the country.
onewizard likes this.

Unmitigated risk aversion is the new Puritanism; complete with witch hunts funny outfits and humorless preachers thundering doom. The Deity is Safety; Satan is a Lawyer; but the object is the same: to suck the life out of life and tell you how to live it.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-23-2018, 04:23 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
onewizard likes this.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-23-2018, 05:43 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post

So you trying to tell us you now have some Barrels of Bourbon net to your Barrels Of WD-40...

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-24-2018, 12:17 PM

When we did our trip to view the eclipse trip last August, we stayed in Bardstown. It's amazing how many of those rack houses exist. For my bourbon loving friends who don't mind spending $75 - $85, I think that the finest are the Angels Envy and the Angels Envy rye. There's stuff that's more expensive, but I do not think is any better. For every day drinks, and for the best Manhattan mix, buy Heaven Hill or the low end Four Roses, both under $20. For the middle of the road, you cant beat the Woodford Reserve bourbon or rye. We have the choice of so many small batch stuff in our area that your liquor cabinet starts to get filled with all bourbon bottles.

A little story that may or may not be true. Some of the distilleries have sold interests in their companies to raise capital to upgrade and expand production to Japanese investors with the agreement that only a certain % of each years production will go to Japan. They are scared that the Chinese will buy the distilleries and end up shipping the entire productions to China since the demand is just beginning to grow there. With that said, have any of you ever tried Japanese Scotch Whiskey. They've been making it for over 150 years, and the ones I have had are damn good.
weljo2001 likes this.

rayj
2009 Versys (Mine's Green)
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-25-2018, 03:53 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
So you trying to tell us you now have some Barrels of Bourbon net to your Barrels Of WD-40...
Joe - THAT is why they make garages w/ TWO doors....

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayj View Post
...With that said, have any of you ever tried Japanese Scotch Whiskey. They've been making it for over 150 years, and the ones I have had are damn good.
SUNTORI - - -!!!
weljo2001 likes this.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC

post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-26-2018, 03:03 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Bet there are plenty of drunk squirrels and gophers round there.

Cookin Wid Gas

2015 V-650 of course it's green...it's a Kazawalski.
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-26-2018, 03:43 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayj View Post
For the middle of the road, you cant beat the Woodford Reserve bourbon or rye.
I know there are bourbons that are regarded as more "premium" than Woodford Reserve, but I have decided that Woodford is my favorite bourbon -- and if there's a better bourbon I just don't need to know about it. I will say that I think good ole Jack Daniels Black Label still holds up pretty well for sippin' (I know it's a Tennessee sour mash, which the company argues is not bourbon, but under trade laws it is).

2015 Concours 14 ABS, 2014 Versys 650 ABS, 2006 Vulcan 500 (sold)
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-27-2018, 06:17 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob9876 View Post
I know there are bourbons that are regarded as more "premium" than Woodford Reserve, but I have decided that Woodford is my favorite bourbon -- and if there's a better bourbon I just don't need to know about it. I will say that I think good ole Jack Daniels Black Label still holds up pretty well for sippin' (I know it's a Tennessee sour mash, which the company argues is not bourbon, but under trade laws it is).
I just LIKE bourbon, and "Evan Williams" seems to 'strike a cord' w/ me. Bought another jug of it, as well as an "Old Granddad" yesterday, in case the idiot we have running Canada puts in the 25% tariff on 1st July that he's threatening to do.

I DO enjoy some 'Jack' too, even the 'Gentleman' variety.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC

Last edited by fasteddiecopeman; 06-28-2018 at 06:36 PM.
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-27-2018, 10:27 PM

Garage
Quote:
Bought another jug of it, as well as an "Old Granddad" yesterday
The hell you say! I've been known to drink some Old Granddad myself, and haven't met too many other folks who drink it. Cheers!

post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-28-2018, 10:38 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Politics

Quote:
I just LIKE bourbon, and "Evan Williams" seems to 'strike a cord' w/ me. Bought another jug of it, as well as an "Old Granddad" yesterday, in case the idiot we have running Canada puts in the 25% tariff on 1st July that he's threatening to do.

O DO enjoy some 'Jack' too, even the 'Gentleman' variety.
I gather the one South of the border is sane
Don't want to start a political discussion here , but sometimes I can't tell the difference between joking an seriousness . JMHO
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-28-2018, 06:40 PM
Super Moderator

Glen - I am a westerner.

When our local Liberal candidate asked me IF he could count on my vote (last federal election), I looked him in the eye and told him..."I'm an Albertan and I remember when Pierre Trudeau brought in the "National Energy Program". I will NEVER put an X beside the name of a federal Liberal in any election!"

MIGHT give you an idea of where I stand....
16VGTIDave likes this.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC

Last edited by fasteddiecopeman; 06-30-2018 at 05:36 PM.
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-30-2018, 05:44 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob9876 View Post
The hell you say! I've been known to drink some Old Granddad myself, and haven't met too many other folks who drink it. Cheers!
Just took a look into the liquor cabinet - besides the two I mentioned, there's ALSO some "Wild Turkey 101", regular "Jack Daniels", a bit of scotch, "CC" and "Crown Royal" for those who like Canadian whisky, plus some "Jameson Irish" which I like EQUALLY compared w/ bourbon.

Rob9876 likes this.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC

post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-01-2018, 12:31 AM

Garage
Quote:

I DO enjoy some 'Jack' too, even the 'Gentleman' variety.
Maybe we should swap idiots-can't hurt

Deep in Cajun Country
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-01-2018, 12:46 AM

Garage
Quote:
plus some "Jameson Irish" which I like EQUALLY compared w/ bourbon.
Ooh, Jameson -- I went through a spell where I would drink that a lot. So smooth, the danger for me was that it was smooth on the first glass, and after that it was almost like drinking water. Wish I had some now!

post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-01-2018, 05:39 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Most of the ~9,000 barrels appear to be intact. There is no evidence of any spilled bourbon. Those old wood barrels are pretty solid indeed. The warehouse was packed up tight, and they gently rolled down over each other.

It is unclear whether the bourbon spilled from the containers, but a nearby creek was of concern because of the structure's position on a hill. Representatives from the state's Department for Environmental Protection were dispatched to the scene. Half the building was still intact after the collapse in Bardstown. Water samples came back clean, according to CNN affiliate WLKY.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/22/us/th...rnd/index.html
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-05-2018, 04:20 PM

good choice for bargin bourbon. evan williams is said to have the best quality to price ratio of any liquor in the world. EW black label and bottled in bond 100 proof are both good, and inexpensive here in texas.
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-06-2018, 05:12 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyvous59 View Post
...evan williams is said to have the best quality to price ratio of any liquor in the world....
Did NOT know that - I just know that I LIKE it!

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode