Way off topic! Chainsaw question?? - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-30-2012, 03:17 PM Thread Starter
MTS

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Way off topic! Chainsaw question??

You guys are so damn smart, maybe I'm over looking something?

Ok a tree went down in my backyard so I grabbed my old but in good shape Poulan "16in. bar Wild Thing. For the first time ever had a problem. It was difficult to pull the cord. Everthing looked great so I pulled the spark plug and pulled the cord smooth and easy. Put the plug back in and could hardly pull the cord half way. Although it started and ran like a champ. I shut it off and thought ok maybe she fixed herself! LOL No luck! Could barely pull the cord?? What am I missing here? Thank you for any help! Sincerely, MTS

I know way off topic!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-30-2012, 03:49 PM

You're problem is your saw isn't a Stihl!

But really- is the starter shaft under where the cord is accessible to you? Possible you got some dirt down in there? Possibly pull cord all the way out and see how it's 'laying' on itself when it retracts? Possible vapor lock (Not sure if that happens to saws)? AND PLEASE leave the spark plug disconnected while monkeying with it!!

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-30-2012, 04:09 PM

I don't think that saw has an automatic compression release but if it does that may be your problem. Might be stuck closed.

The real problem though is that you don't have a Shindaiwa.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-30-2012, 06:09 PM Thread Starter
MTS

Thanks guys! It was only $140. ( Automatic compression release) now that sounds spot on. I'll check into that? Thanks for the imput. I will now go to the appropriate spot on the internet and not bother my fellow riders with this stuff! LOL

Next thing you know I'll be asking about my coffee pot!

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )

Last edited by MTS; 10-30-2012 at 06:12 PM.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-31-2012, 01:36 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTS View Post
...Next thing you know I'll be asking about my coffee pot! ....
...be sure to add water, otherwise your coffee is REALLY chewy, and has a burnt flavor... . Oh, and you'll SPIT a lot!

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-31-2012, 02:35 PM Thread Starter
MTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
...be sure to add water, otherwise your coffee is REALLY chewy, and has a burnt flavor... . Oh, and you'll SPIT a lot!
Thanks Ed! I knew you would help me! LOL

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode