Doctor follow up. - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-16-2012, 07:07 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Doctor follow up.

After I had the stint I had a stress test as well as other test. I had a follow up today and the Doctor is pleased, other than he wants me to lose 10-15 pounds...but he's thinks Gandhi was over weight! He wants me to go to The Heart Rehab classes they have at the hospital and I will. The classes are about healthy living and I can use that. I do feel better than before.

Guys and Girls get a check up because you never know, I almost died at 49 from a heart attack and had a Quad bypass because of the blockage. Even with the drugs and being under a doctor care I still ended back in the hospital. After all we need all the Versys riders we can get...and your loved one would like you around I'm sure.

Ride safe...but ride.

Or was that look THEN leap?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2012 650 Versys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-16-2012, 10:37 PM

Glad everything turned out all right!
I am 52 and haved worked in a hospital for the last 23 years and have seen the devasting effect genentics and sometimes a poor life styles can have on the human body.
Both my parents had cardiac problems, so I already had a couple of strikes against me even though I may be considered overwieght by some standards, I stay pretty active. I usually log 9 miles a week in running, and about 3hrs a week in weight resistance training.
The 2 largest contributing factors in Cardiac disease IMHO
1. Stress. Exercise alleviates it.
2. Sedimentary life style. Exercise alleviates it.
Hope all is well and you make a full recovery!

Last edited by jtwodogs; 10-17-2012 at 05:13 AM.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-16-2012, 11:54 PM
MTS

Glad you are feeling better Time! Life is short and so wonderful. We have to live it to its fullest, the best we are able.

I love that old saying "If I knew I was going to live this long I would have takin better care of myself!

Godspeed!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode