Censorship - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

7Likes
  • 2 Post By onewizard
  • 3 Post By twowheels
  • 2 Post By onewizard

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-24-2018, 11:32 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Censorship

This is the first time on any forum where one of my comments has been removed. I don't mind criticism or negative comments, but I do object to censorship. I challenge this forum to re-post my comment and let forum members decide if removal was a valid action.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-24-2018, 12:24 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
For Sale / Not a Discussion thread and it is the OP thread

First a reminder, For Sale is just that, the OP is posting something for sale, unless you are buying something from this OP no comments are warranted, does the OP have a right to get @#$% off if negative comments are posted, Yes.
Yes from time to time we all comment in the for sale section, mainly to verify a possible buyers question if the product will work, and in many cases the OP of the add may check back infrequently so comments by others may help the sale.
What is standard procedure if someone does make a negative comment, like why spend $5 when you can get one for $0.50 and the OP gets upset, well before it gets any further I PM both the OP of the For Sale and the member commenting negatively, I also edited both comments and in my opinion it was warranted. You disagree with what I did, NP just PM me or another mod, starting this thread is like getting on a soap box in front of a court house after a verdict was read , this simple For Sale add has tied up a good 45 minutes of my time.Challenging any editing by admin. by starting a new thread, like done here is as I stated in today's PM
http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...ternative.html

http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...2A%2A-2nd.html
kiwi 41 and Brockie like this.

Last edited by onewizard; 04-24-2018 at 12:33 PM.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-24-2018, 01:40 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
On the Internet entropy takes over without some form of moderation. I think the forum moderators are doing a great job.
DaveC, Fastoman and Smiley like this.

Last edited by twowheels; 04-24-2018 at 09:36 PM.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-25-2018, 03:31 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
On the Internet entropy takes over without some form of moderation. I think the forum moderators are doing a great job.
I will ditto that. Great job by the mod here.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-25-2018, 08:23 AM
Super Moderator

Classified Section/ Not a debate Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by brock29609 View Post
R-clips, R-pins, hair clips, hitch pin clips... all the same thing.

These are re-usable and much easier to get on/off than a cotter pin. Stainless steel. 68mm long x just under 4mm thick.

I have 5 to sell. $4 puts one in your mailbox (US 48).

Top pic is of the actual ones for sale. Lower pic is just a web-found example.

*HERE* is my PayPal link.

So not your typical for sale, but here is a member wishing to help other members , just click on your keyboard and voila you can spend your time riding instead of looking for parts and at a good price too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenner View Post
Mine was around 60 at either Home Depot or local hardware store. Stainless isn't necessary.
So buddy here disagrees, basically saying keep your good deal and sell else ware, like someone coming down the street in front of your House for Sale and sticking a sign stating to go two blocks over, same style of house and much cheaper, no stainless siding, I am sure that will help
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock29609 View Post
Stainless is the price diff. These typically run around $8 each and will not rust.
Again the OP who rightfully owns this thread and has every right to ask a mod to remove negative posts, which I did, minutes before he asked.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-25-2018, 08:38 AM
Super Moderator

Rules are Rules + Common Sense=No Worries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenner View Post
This is the first time on any forum where one of my comments has been removed. I don't mind criticism or negative comments, but I do object to censorship. I challenge this forum to re-post my comment and let forum members decide if removal was a valid action.
Normally as a mod, engaging negative comments or pouring fuel on the fire is frowned upon, also I am human and make mistakes all the time, and apologize for those, Classifieds is just that,I was 100% right in my actions, however by the time I saw the post, the Seller had already gotten upset and you will see I edited his post as well, both he and you received PM from me explaining why, normally your actions starting this thread instead of voicing your concern in a PM to me would result in some disciplinary action, I responded to this with a second PM stating I will overlook this.

FYI If I had a crystal ball and caught the post before the seller posted, I would have moved it to Cosmetic thread and both could debate there--unfortunately my crystal ball broke and my magic wand is overused

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewizard View Post
So not your typical for sale, but here is a member wishing to help other members , just click on your keyboard and voila you can spend your time riding instead of looking for parts and at a good price too

So buddy here disagrees, basically saying keep your good deal and sell else ware, like someone coming down the street in front of your House for Sale and sticking a sign stating to go two blocks over, same style of house and much cheaper, no stainless siding, I am sure that will help

Again the OP who rightfully owns this thread and has every right to ask a mod to remove negative posts, which I did, minutes before he asked.
This whole thread doesn't improve anyones ride, however I like to be open and fair, rules are only guidlines. This is something like being POA for my elderly parents, never asked for this to be a mod, but here I am anyway---this forum is members helping members ( that is why I accepted being a mod, I thought I had something to offer=How To Forum for starters), as long as we treat others equal to or better than we expect to be treated , this forum will continue to thrive.
Rob9876 and P.E. like this.

Last edited by onewizard; 04-25-2018 at 08:46 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode