Now more than ever CCW +3! - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 79 (permalink) Old 08-31-2012, 11:56 PM Thread Starter
MTS

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Now more than ever CCW +3!

I try and carry three weapons now with all the shootings! I have added a long knife! I really think it a great idea now adays.

I know some riders are scared the gun will go off and hurt themselves. If this is the case maybe don't CCW! Its not a good fit for you!

If you could carry a can of bear spray that will back anybody off!

Ride safe my friends!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 79 (permalink) Old 09-01-2012, 12:02 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Doesn't take a big knife. I always carry a pocket knife just a couple slices across the eyes will do it. They can't shoot what they can't see.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #3 of 79 (permalink) Old 09-01-2012, 12:12 AM Thread Starter
MTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Doesn't take a big knife. I always carry a pocket knife just a couple slices across the eyes will do it. They can't shoot what they can't see.
+1 Good lord! One of these times some idiot is going to get taken out as they try to hurt innocent people!

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )

Last edited by MTS; 09-01-2012 at 12:29 AM.
post #4 of 79 (permalink) Old 09-01-2012, 01:01 AM

If you ccw and worry about it going off, you are not familiar enough with the gun and/or with ccw to be carrying. Go get some instruction and a pile of range time.

2009 Kawasaki Versys
SWM Engine Guard; Windscreen de Jour on a MadStad bracket; Motowerk Peg Lowering kit & Stand Big Foot; ProTaper ATV Low bars; Stebel horn; KTM Duals Rear Rack; Coocase 36L topcase...and more to come

post #5 of 79 (permalink) Old 09-01-2012, 01:51 AM

Garage
Candy Store.....http://www.smkw.com/webapp/eCommerce...ontent=5-10-15

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #6 of 79 (permalink) Old 09-01-2012, 02:02 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
I always carry electrical tape, it would help me tie up the bad guys.
post #7 of 79 (permalink) Old 09-01-2012, 08:18 AM

Quote:

That's not a candy store. That place is Disneyland!

Crap I've bolted on...(that didn't vibrate off) thanks Versys Forum
Speedy's lowering kit
Fuzeblocks' block
BadBoy Horn
Rapid Transit Recon 19 tank bag
Givi- PLX447,V46, D405ST
Renthal 44t rear sprocket
Spiegler front and rear lines
Nuvi 550
Homemade/Ram GPS mount
Silvania Silverstar Ultra high/low
Seat Concepts (foam and cover)
Aprilia mirrors
Aerostitch heated grips (Florida does have 1 cold day per year)
post #8 of 79 (permalink) Old 09-01-2012, 10:49 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Interestingly you are more likely to be shot to death in the US than any other high income country. Figures are per 100,000 people in 2010. Stats are from the World Health Organization.

Last edited by twowheels; 09-01-2012 at 10:57 AM.
post #9 of 79 (permalink) Old 09-01-2012, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
Interestingly you are more likely to be shot to death in the US than any other high income country. Figures are per 100,000 people in 2010. Stats are from the World Health Organization.
Interestingly most gun stats include suicides. A gun is a very efficient way to end your life, and the U.S. has a lot of them. If you take guns out of the equation, people will still be murdered at similar rates across the planet.
post #10 of 79 (permalink) Old 09-01-2012, 12:13 PM

Garage
If these A-Holes just wanted to kill themselves, Thats great i'll buy your bullet for ya. But they want to go somewhere kill a bunch of people and then decide they wanna live. They should be executed on the spot if you ask me.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #11 of 79 (permalink) Old 09-01-2012, 05:45 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Kirk View Post
If you take guns out of the equation, people will still be murdered at similar rates across the planet.
Not sure how accurate that stat is two wheels posted because according to that NZ has 2 deaths per 100,000 shot to death, we have population of 4.4 million, if my maths are correct that means 88 deaths per year by being shot to death.

A murder by a shooting here still makes the national news so I would say those figures are not accurate for us anyway.
post #12 of 79 (permalink) Old 09-02-2012, 01:18 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
http://library.med.utah.edu/WebPath/...S/GUNSTAT.html

Last edited by twowheels; 09-02-2012 at 01:37 PM.
post #13 of 79 (permalink) Old 09-03-2012, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post

Those stats are probably pretty close. Violence, whether it be via gun or shovel, usually follows the population density. I think those stats are a perfect reason to carry. With so any people out here shooting other people, I certainly don't want to be the one standing there empty handed.
I think something else that effects the stats are the number of multiple killings that the U.S. has. I don't think phyco mass killers are as much of a problem in the rest of the world. I don't think that as much of a gun control issue as it is a mentality issue.

Last edited by ray h; 09-03-2012 at 03:07 PM.
post #14 of 79 (permalink) Old 09-03-2012, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray h View Post
I don't think phyco mass killers are as much of a problem in the rest of the world.
While the US has its share of mass killings, we are not alone in the world.
post #15 of 79 (permalink) Old 09-03-2012, 06:44 PM

Quote:
If these A-Holes just wanted to kill themselves, Thats great i'll buy your bullet for ya. But they want to go somewhere kill a bunch of people and then decide they wanna live. They should be executed on the spot if you ask me.

OMG! Stop reading my mind.
post #16 of 79 (permalink) Old 09-03-2012, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Kirk View Post
While the US has its share of mass killings, we are not alone in the world.
It's true, but out of the 25 listed mass murders, the U.S. owns 10 of them. The next would be Germany with 3.
I still think this is predominantly a U.S. issue and it does skew the stats on gun killings.
post #17 of 79 (permalink) Old 09-03-2012, 09:24 PM

Just a guess/opinion on my part but I think it's more of a bats##t crazy issue than a firearms issue. Feel free to disagree with me (I have it on good authority that I am a singularly disagreeable person), but if you're nuts enough to do it, finding a vehicle is no real problem.
post #18 of 79 (permalink) Old 09-03-2012, 10:05 PM

Think about this fellows, I moved from a rural city 2 years ago that has a police force with a founded reputation for shooting speeders?

Lean/Two
post #19 of 79 (permalink) Old 09-03-2012, 10:05 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
I don't see Canada on the list, be we have shooting massacres too... My own cousin was the infamous 1999 OC Transpo mass murderer in Canada's capital.

http://www.murderpedia.org/male.L/l/lebrun-pierre.htm

http://www.ohscanada.com/news/the-an...in/1000191206/

Pic shows the Remington 760 .30-06 rifle he had, along with 45 rounds:

Ottawa tactical police enter an OC Transpo building the day of the shooting:

Last edited by invader; 09-04-2012 at 09:12 PM.
post #20 of 79 (permalink) Old 09-04-2012, 07:01 PM Thread Starter
MTS

[QUOTE=invader;214730]I don't see Canada on the list, be we have shooting massacres too... My own cousin was the infamous 1999 OC Transpo mass murderer in Canada's capital.

Wow, so I wanted to ask you? Was it so strange just waking up one day and hearing this about your cousin? Did you guys all know he was having all this trouble at work?

Don't feel you have to answer invader...........

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode