Supporting Vendors - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-30-2012, 05:20 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Supporting Vendors

Rant on.............

How about the supporting vendors on this forum actually post some good deals. Maybe a group buy on something we could all use.

I'm NOT including RidersDiscount since they are a good example of what I would consider a "supporting vendor". Never bought from them but they are on the right track.

Seems like the rest of them just recycle a post that I can find in every other bike forum. Standard prices, no interaction, rarely respond to a question.

I suppose they are paying the bills but I would be more loyal to a place that actually made me a deal once in a while instead of just dropping spam advertisements in every forum I visit.

Rant off.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-30-2012, 05:36 PM

+1

GeneHil - Mount Dora, FL
2011 Kawasaki Versys
Viet Nam: Dec67-Dec68 & Jul69-Dec72
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-31-2012, 08:33 AM

To be fair- I'd point out that this forum is an INVALUABLE resource for Versys owners, and a very well monitored and maintained one at that. Last I checked my monthly membership bill is REALLY tolerable. It is also not free to host and administer such a site; so my take is that the ads are a necessary evil. The sponsor forum posts are innocuous so far as I'm concerned; and when I don't feel like being advertised to, I just don't click. That said- I think the point about RiderDiscount is a valid one, though I feel it's more a case of them going above and beyond and probably seeing increased sales versus the other sponsors as a result. I'd imagine when the other guys see Discount doing so well via the forum they'll take notice and perhaps adapt their stratagem... Just my 2 cents.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-31-2012, 10:45 AM

Garage
I just ordered an AFX helmet from Riders Discount. Better price than one of the other site advertisers. And they were really good to deal with on the phone. Just waiting for delivery now.

Always trust your cape.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-31-2012, 06:58 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by goat12 View Post
To be fair- I'd point out that this forum is an INVALUABLE resource for Versys owners, and a very well monitored and maintained one at that. Last I checked my monthly membership bill is REALLY tolerable. It is also not free to host and administer such a site; so my take is that the ads are a necessary evil. The sponsor forum posts are innocuous so far as I'm concerned; and when I don't feel like being advertised to, I just don't click. That said- I think the point about RiderDiscount is a valid one, though I feel it's more a case of them going above and beyond and probably seeing increased sales versus the other sponsors as a result. I'd imagine when the other guys see Discount doing so well via the forum they'll take notice and perhaps adapt their stratagem... Just my 2 cents.
x 2....

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode