Well How About That! - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-08-2017, 11:19 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Well How About That!

Can't decide if this is off-topic or not but it snowed in San Antonio and greater south central Texas last night! Good Lord, it's Armageddon! No riding today, not when the general public isn't skilled at driving on snow.

And it wasn't merely a few random flakes but several inches. Enough for some who had never seen snow in their lives to make snow men (women, persons?). And it's still on the ground this morning despite bright sun and relatively warm temperatures.

Oh, and what do Texans use to make a snowman's nose? Why jalapeno peppers of course.

Arion

"Plan? Plan! There ain't no plan."
Pig Killer, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-08-2017, 12:03 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
My friends in Houston are blowing up Facebook with pics of their quarter inch of snow!
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-08-2017, 12:18 PM

Its wild! I live in CO in the mountains, not Denver, and its been super cold here this week but with almost zero precipitation. Friends in TX and AL have just seen more snow than we have this winter. No joke, the biggest snow storm we have had was back on Oct 1st, we got 12" of super wet snow, nothing has dumped over 6" since then. Not really complaining though!

This time last week the weather was perfect for riding 40-50F, I took the bike to Moab and enjoyed the deserted National Parks and roads. Usually riding season is well over by Thanksgiving up here but its back to 40's everyday next week.
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-08-2017, 01:14 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
I was at a trade-show in Dallas some years ago (PROBABLY about '84...?). They had a bit of freezing-rain, so a local TV news show 'trained' a video camera on a raised overpass letting the camera "roll", and my pal and I watched EVERY vehicle spin-out on it....

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-08-2017, 02:24 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
I grew up in Ft.Worth and can remember less than a handful of times its snowed. Now we would get rain with freezing temps so everything was iced over all the time. Talk about people crashing cars man it was a sight to be seen...

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-08-2017, 03:04 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by asphaltaddict33 View Post
Its wild! I live in CO in the mountains, not Denver, and its been super cold here this week but with almost zero precipitation. Friends in TX and AL have just seen more snow than we have this winter. No joke, the biggest snow storm we have had was back on Oct 1st, we got 12" of super wet snow, nothing has dumped over 6" since then. Not really complaining though!

This time last week the weather was perfect for riding 40-50F, I took the bike to Moab and enjoyed the deserted National Parks and roads. Usually riding season is well over by Thanksgiving up here but its back to 40's everyday next week.

Our daughter and family live at 7200 feet in Bayfield CO, just east of Durango, and they haven't seen any snow this year. Stranger things have happened I suppose. Oh, and there have been about a gazillion fender-benders since last night in greater San Antonio. Coefficient of friction anyone?

Arion

"Plan? Plan! There ain't no plan."
Pig Killer, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-08-2017, 07:00 PM

Snowed about 3" here in southern Ms.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-08-2017, 10:37 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Also a little in South Louisiana thought about running out to buy a pair of skis but it melted before I could decide

Deep in Cajun Country
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-10-2017, 02:33 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
NO snow here in Florence, AZ yet....

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode