Dealership Service Headaches - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

5Likes
  • 1 Post By twowheeladdict
  • 2 Post By fasteddiecopeman
  • 2 Post By aboyandhisversys

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-12-2017, 05:36 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Garage
Dealership Service Headaches

Got my bike back last friday and there were a few service issues when in there but when i was told it was ready. I get there to see one of the pegs to be replaced wasn't then i open my new top case to put stuff in it and the top case lights are just laying inside. So got with the service writer who got with the tech that took the light kit out of the old case and was suppose to install in the new one. He said he wasn't getting any power and checked it. I knew they were working when i brought it in. So i'm getting a little pissed and the service writer said he can order the part from Admore to fix it. I said F- it i just want to go. So he's really trying to make it right saying they'll cover the cost and what-not. I told him it was just probably a loose wire at the harness that probably got tugged on so i would check it when i got home. Got home took off the seat and looked at the harness. Yep one wire sticking out so i fixed it and connect the wiring together to see if it worked and it did. So kinda pissed if they would have went ahead and drilled the hole i could have installed it myself. Told them i would be in today for them to finish up the job. But on friday i sent a video of how to run the wiring and the holes that would need to be drilled and sent then the link to the instructions from Admore web-site.

Hello Brian,

Hers a couple of things that will come in handy……

2.https://admorelighting.com/Web%20Ins...structions.pdf

Thanks,
Joseph

Took it in today and waited for them to get it done so when the bring it to me he shows me that everything works correctly except a few of the running lights on the right blinker. So i said i would look at it when i got home. Well had to run some errands and was putting my jacket and helmet in the top case and noticed how they ran the wires....Bingo i think i found the problem.....

P1020080 by weljo2001, on Flickr

P1020081 by weljo2001, on Flickr

P1020082 by weljo2001, on Flickr

I know I'm kinda picky but this is just sloppy work. I even asked did the same guy take the light kit out of the old case and they said yes...So he knew how the new one should be done and 2 holes would have to be drilled to run the wires. Maybe he's just lazy or doesn't give a crap..

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett

Last edited by weljo2001; 09-12-2017 at 05:43 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-12-2017, 05:45 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
That's why I do stuff like this myself. I don't trust my local dealers to do much.

I don't care what you ride, just ride.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-12-2017, 05:56 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
That's why they call it the stealership!! Its hard to find a good one with a good service dept. that you can trust. I barely trust them putting on tires!

You will never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychologist office!
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-12-2017, 06:12 PM

Another sterling example of Too Big to Fail...
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-12-2017, 06:15 PM Thread Starter

Garage
You guys are right. I had a fantastic dealership back in Ft.Worth,Tx. Honda/Kawasaki West the service there was amazing. Out here in California they just don't even try to be sub-par. You would think that they got almost 4 thousand bucks out of the deal with labor and parts that they would at least try to look half way professional...

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-12-2017, 08:25 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Typical "skilled" worker these days. They are just parts changers. If they have to figure something out, forget about it.

When I had a choice between fixing a bike or totaling it out, I told them to total it. Then I bought a used bike from an individual instead of another one from that dealership.
weljo2001 likes this.

My Versys Travels:

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-13-2017, 12:41 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by timster View Post
...I barely trust them putting on tires!
I started 'doing' my own tire changes after my FIRST (done by a dealer), when they installed the tire backwards AFTER I had reminded them which rotation was the proper way.

-
weljo2001 and timster like this.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-13-2017, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
I started 'doing' my own tire changes after my FIRST (done by a dealer), when they installed the tire backwards AFTER I had reminded them which rotation was the proper way.

-
I told idiot dealer 3 (three) x times which way to put the 90 degree tire valves so they faced uphill.

Which way did they put them on? Left/port side so now I get to fight with chain lube and panniers and all that crap which I was trying to avoid in the first place.

If 3x times isn't enough, God only knows what they'd do with something complicated.
weljo2001 and timster like this.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-13-2017, 03:34 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by aboyandhisversys View Post
I told idiot dealer 3 (three) x times which way to put the 90 degree tire valves so they faced uphill.

Which way did they put them on? Left/port side so now I get to fight with chain lube and panniers and all that crap which I was trying to avoid in the first place.

If 3x times isn't enough, God only knows what they'd do with something complicated.

That reminds me that i have to have the 90 degree angled valve stems i have put on when new tires are do in about 2000 miles or so..

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-14-2017, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
That reminds me that i have to have the 90 degree angled valve stems i have put on when new tires are do in about 2000 miles or so..
Of course, having gone through that painful experience, I found a tire fill chuck that may result in you not having to put 90 stems on quite so soon:

https://www.amazon.com/Motion-Pro-Ch.../dp/B01CGKI3OG

I got one on sale someplace; they're expensive but boy! does it work. motorcycles, tractors (my main pain) all submitted gracefully to being filled without drama. FWIW, YMMV.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-14-2017, 02:22 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by aboyandhisversys View Post
Of course, having gone through that painful experience, I found a tire fill chuck that may result in you not having to put 90 stems on quite so soon:

https://www.amazon.com/Motion-Pro-Ch.../dp/B01CGKI3OG

I got one on sale someplace; they're expensive but boy! does it work. motorcycles, tractors (my main pain) all submitted gracefully to being filled without drama. FWIW, YMMV.

Nice find.....I like our prices better...https://www.amazon.com/Motion-Pro-Ch.../dp/B01CGKI3OG

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode