Bye Versys - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-17-2012, 06:59 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Bye Versys

I have sold my Versys two hours ago... a guy pay US$6,500 for it so I think is not a bad deal... A new 2012 it's US$9,990 in these days. I paid $8,350 in 2010 from my 2009 Versys.
It's being a pleasure to share these two years with this group, I meet great people like my friend Gary who also sold his Versys.
My next bike will be a white Triumph 800XC... I already paid some funds in advance and sign the papers... now I have to wait like 20 days to get my plate and registration card.
Anyway, I will keep looking on this nice forum...

it is what it is...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-17-2012, 07:22 PM

Hope you will enjoy your new ride, and hopefully the 20 days goes by quickly for you.

Those who say money can't buy happines haven't bought A VERSYS.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-17-2012, 07:56 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Adios & have fun on the trumpet....

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-18-2012, 01:07 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
You'll love that smooth 800 triple power plant which sings a very pretty song, and the XC suspensions with the more aggressive tires and taller front wheel for sure... I just hope it's nearly as reliable as your good old Versys.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-18-2012, 07:35 AM

Ride safe! Farewell.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-18-2012, 12:30 PM

Garage
Belongs to the old guy in the green hat. He use to be a desert racer in the 60's & 70's. He loves the triumph and boy does he haul azzzzzzzzzzz.

IMG_1520 by weljo2001, on Flickr

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-19-2012, 12:07 AM
Super Moderator

Farewell and Ride safe.

for been with us for the past years.

goodluck:
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-22-2012, 11:43 AM Thread Starter

In the first ride on my new bike from the store to my garage I can notice, immediately, the difference between both bikes... The Tiger is really smooth and the sound of the engine is quite different... the Versys (with the Leo Vince exhaust) feels stronger. Also the riding position is different, it looks like the Tiger has wider handlebars and definitely I will need to buy a new pair of ROX pivot risers, at this point I felt the Versys handlebar more comfortable.
I would like to kept my Versys but I needed the money...
Drive save my friends!

it is what it is...
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-22-2012, 11:55 AM

x

Last edited by AzItLies; 10-23-2012 at 02:53 PM.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-22-2012, 01:02 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzItLies View Post
u too Kurt! have fun no matters what, that's what it's all about

+1

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-22-2012, 07:59 PM

Seems like from all the ADV threads that the Tiger 800/800XC's are really nice bikes. With those improvements comes added complexity, more moving parts, and higher maintenance/service costs. But that's OK - more means more, and I'd be overjoyed to have one, especially with ABS. I had to turn around on a bad dirt road today on my V that I would have loved to have had an 800XC on. Maybe next year?

Someday is not a day of the week.
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-22-2012, 10:30 PM Thread Starter

That's true, it's the same here in Peru... we have a lot of dirt roads and I have done several with my Versys but taking care of it... I thin with the Tiger I will be able to ride those roads with more confidence... but I will always be a Versys fan, really a great bike. I don't remember where I read an article that says that the Versys is the Swiss Knife of the motorcycles...

it is what it is...
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-28-2012, 06:38 PM

Triumph makes some really good looking bikes. Had a look at the Tiger Explorer and its really cool
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-29-2012, 12:16 AM
MTS

Congrats! Have fun and keep us posted!

You know your bike sold fast and a good price!

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-29-2012, 12:19 AM
MTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Belongs to the old guy in the green hat. He use to be a desert racer in the 60's & 70's. He loves the triumph and boy does he haul azzzzzzzzzzz.

IMG_1520 by weljo2001, on Flickr
Thats really a nice bike but thats a huge oversized AIR HAWK III!

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode