Thats just terrible! Sorry for your misfortune! Hope you heal up soon so you can get back to ridin!
Thanks but... after a 20 minute phone conversation with my doctor last night (also a personal friend) he came to the conclusion it is NOT poison ivy. He says it is likely due to something that has changed in my everyday environment, and now I am coming or have been in contact with an irritant.
This reassured me some as I have never been into poison (anything) to my knowledge and my whereabouts the past several weeks and more.
Later on that evening, I remember bout 2 weeks ago going in the basement and bringing up a new bar of soap, and been using it ever since. Prior to this I was using body wash. Since last night I have not used this soap and seen very positive results. Not 100% for sure, but not in pain with burning skin and severe itching as in the last 4 days. I was using this soap for all my washing needs.
On youtube I found something relating chemical scents in soaps and laundry detergent with sun exposure. And, it is BAAD. I was in the sun over 5 hours last week after showering with this soap, both before and after the sun exposure. Only time will tell for sure, but it also explains why I experienced the same thing last year (except somewhat worse) when I was on my V for over 3 hours on a bright, clear, sunny, windy day last July.
Look up commercial bar soap on the web, check you tube, and be careful. This is not fun, and fwiw, imo, it has never been Poison ivy apparently.
But, here are 2 very good products if you experience skin problems maybe caused by skin overexposure - 1. Burt's Bees Poison Ivy Soap. 2. Jewelweed lotion. The lotion really works to inhibit the itching. I found both at a natural foods health store.