"Third thoughts" about having a mullet? - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-11-2012, 04:03 PM Thread Starter
MTS

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
"Third thoughts" about having a mullet?

I thought mullets were coming back in style! Thats what they told me. But fewer and fewer riders have them. In fact many people are shaving their heads? It takes a good year + to grow a mullet but I am having second and third thoughts?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by MTS; 06-11-2012 at 04:16 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-11-2012, 05:30 PM

Don't be the trend, set the trend.

I keep telling my kids how cool I am but the rest of the world just isn't there yet.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-11-2012, 05:42 PM

Garage
If you truly have a mullet get a pic taken with your Verseys and you in the same pic.

08' Versys
Givi racks with V35 sides, and V46 Top-case, Garmin Zumo 450 GPS, Powermadd Handguards, Motowerks GPS Mount, Peg Lowering kit, Flat Foot, Arrow Exhaust, Adjustable Levers, GIPro Gear Indicator, Oxford Heated Grips
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-11-2012, 09:13 PM Thread Starter
MTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenr74 View Post
Don't be the trend, set the trend.

I keep telling my kids how cool I am but the rest of the world just isn't there yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAWKSHOT99 View Post
If you truly have a mullet get a pic taken with your Verseys and you in the same pic.
Thank you Kern74! That is sound advice and I need to remember that!

Hawhshot99 I will post a pic sometime and yes I have a Mull and a 2010 V black and silver!

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-11-2012, 10:42 PM

Do you also drive a Trans Am?
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-11-2012, 10:44 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
I haven't changed in years (excepting hair color) and find that I go in and out of style on a regular basis. I have had two pony tails on the front of my face for decades (sometimes viking sometimes pirate). In fact when you look at my grandparent's wedding picture from 1918 I was at the height of fashion. I figure if they don't like the way I look I won't like the way they think.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-12-2012, 12:39 AM

you know... MTS is serious about this... and I didn't realize that... till now...

so here's a link that may help the mullet heads amongst us...

it's called, "rate my mullet"... surprisingly...

http://www.ratemymullet.com/

lucky bastage is getting married though! Well, I can tell you, I use like a #2 blade and clip my hair very very short. It's convenient! what can I say? I don't like to sweat!

But every time I tell my lady friends that my short hair is "seck say"... they immediately say "no it's not"... I mean there's no hesitation there... none... at all...

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-12-2012, 10:59 AM Thread Starter
MTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzItLies View Post
you know... MTS is serious about this... and I didn't realize that... till now...

so here's a link that may help the mullet heads amongst us...

it's called, "rate my mullet"... surprisingly...

http://www.ratemymullet.com/

lucky bastage is getting married though! Well, I can tell you, I use like a #2 blade and clip my hair very very short. It's convenient! what can I say? I don't like to sweat!

But every time I tell my lady friends that my short hair is "seck say"... they immediately say "no it's not"... I mean there's no hesitation there... none... at all...

Nice site! Dude do a mull! Chicks really do like them! Oh there is a few that always say they don't, but deep down I think they do!

I just think I'm ready for a change. I cute my big mull down to a mini mull and am thinking its time to let go! And a person gets older.

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-12-2012, 11:53 AM

Well it's not like chopping your foot off. Your hair will (maybe) grow back. However, you'll probably need to get a smaller helmet if you do go for the trim....
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-12-2012, 01:27 PM Thread Starter
MTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stud Muffin View Post
Well it's not like chopping your foot off. Your hair will (maybe) grow back. However, you'll probably need to get a smaller helmet if you do go for the trim....
Excellent point! I'm going in next week and getting a normal hair cut! Good buy Mull!
Don't need a new helmet though and I hope this will deflate my ego and shrink my head. No more thinking I'm different or cool cause I have a Mull. That website showed how uncool it is! Its not the 80's and I'm not twenty anymore!

Thanks for all the feed back!

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-12-2012, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTS View Post
Excellent point! I'm going in next week and getting a normal hair cut! Good buy Mull!
Don't need a new helmet though and I hope this will deflate my ego and shrink my head. No more thinking I'm different or cool cause I have a Mull. That website showed how uncool it is! Its not the 80's and I'm not twenty anymore!

Thanks for all the feed back!
hahaha ya got it brother without a Mull we're gonna need pic though... to verify
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-12-2012, 02:43 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to offcamber
Be glad you have enough hair to grow a mullet...some of use are follicley challenged...

" I don't care about shinny chrome or loud exhaust, I don't ride to be seen, I ride because I want to disappear"

Halfthrottle
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-12-2012, 02:53 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by offcamber View Post
Be glad you have enough hair to grow a mullet...some of use are follicley challenged...
You are not follicley challenged, your aerodynamic.

08' Versys
Givi racks with V35 sides, and V46 Top-case, Garmin Zumo 450 GPS, Powermadd Handguards, Motowerks GPS Mount, Peg Lowering kit, Flat Foot, Arrow Exhaust, Adjustable Levers, GIPro Gear Indicator, Oxford Heated Grips
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-12-2012, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAWKSHOT99 View Post
You are not follicley challenged, your aerodynamic.
That's what I tell my wife...

2003 BMW R1100S Boxer Cup Prep (sold)
2004 Suzuki SV650 (sold, wish I hadn't)
2009 Kawasaki Versys (commuter/dragon slayer)
Future bike: Ducati Sport 1000S (just because
)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode