Thank You To All Our Veterans & Servicemen & Women - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-28-2012, 03:17 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Thank You To All Our Veterans & Servicemen & Women

My Dad front row far right. Right after he shot down his first plane just before his 17th.birthday

469196_419217494778723_1069178585_o by weljo2001, on Flickr

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-28-2012, 04:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Well done Weljo. as we all know though, it's not all glory.

This is a pic someone on my facebook sent, it tells a story doesn't it? a very powerful one.

God Bless Our Troops!

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-28-2012, 07:55 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Don't have a picture handy at the moment (we're on the road) but I do have one of my father in front of his B-24 with the crew. Flew a full combat tour from England during the war. Was shot down once and said that was enough. He finally retired from the USAF in 1967 - the same year I joined the "family business."

Twenty-five years later I decided it was time to do something else myself, however, if I had it to do over again I would in a heartbeat.

My wife's dad was a soldier in the pacific, and after the war joined the Air Force and served 20 years. His daughter - my charming wife - also served in the Air Force for 22 years.

Now we're a pair of retired Lt Cols and are having a great time courtesy of the U.S. government. We are grateful wards of our country though neither of us served in front line combat. We both admire and honor our fathers, who were in combat, much more than ourselves.

Arion

"Plan? Plan! There ain't no plan."
Pig Killer, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-28-2012, 10:21 PM

I'll chime in... My dad was in the Army Quartermaster Corps and landed on the beaches of Normandy on D-Day plus One and helped supply the front line through France, Belgium and Germany.
His brother, my Uncle William, was killed in the crash of a B-25 in Australia in 1943 as a member of the Army Air Corps.
Like Arion, I too entered the USAF in 1967, February, and was in Saigon a week before Christmas a few months before my 21st birthday.
A year and a half later I ended up in Thailand... Flying combat missions over the Ho Chi Minh trail for three and a half years... finally coming home at the end of 1972.
I ended up retiring as an E-8 after 22+ years. Wouldn't trade a minute of it for anything.
My wife spent her four years in the U.S. Navy on (wait for it...) Andros Island in the Bahamas.
Her dad is a retired Senior Chief in the Navy with multiple combat tours in Korea and Vietnam.
We were the lucky ones and our thoughts today are with those families who weren't as lucky.
Memorial Day is much more than cookouts, car sales and beach time.

Here's my dad, somewhere in Belgium:

GeneHil - Mount Dora, FL
2011 Kawasaki Versys
Viet Nam: Dec67-Dec68 & Jul69-Dec72

Last edited by genehil; 05-28-2012 at 10:54 PM.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-28-2012, 10:45 PM

Click image for larger version

Name:	Memorial Day.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	14719

...for some reason I can't make it larger

Life without GOD is like an unsharpened pencil...........
It has NO point
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-28-2012, 10:54 PM

For all that serve or have served, for those that gave there lives, for those that have given there all and survived, and for the families that endure the hardships of those who serve. I salute you all.

Those who say money can't buy happines haven't bought A VERSYS.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-28-2012, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miblue View Post
Story of my life...

GeneHil - Mount Dora, FL
2011 Kawasaki Versys
Viet Nam: Dec67-Dec68 & Jul69-Dec72
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-28-2012, 11:33 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by miblue View Post
Attachment 14719

My Favorite Uncle Always Told Me....Use Lard It's Fattening. Don't Use Crisco It's Shortening.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode