Complimentary copy of STAReview - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-15-2012, 09:49 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Complimentary copy of STAReview

The MSTA is offering a complimentary issue of their magazine, STAReview to the members of kawasakiversys.com. This is a 5.8 Megabyte PDF file, so allow a couple of minutes for download.

http://ridemsta.com/download/starevi...101DIGITAL.pdf

There seems to be an issue opening this file with IE8. If you are using internet explorer, right click on the link and select "Save As" to save the file to your computer. You can then view it using Adobe Acrobat Reader.

In this issue:

View from the Top............................................... .............4
The Highside.......................................... .........................6
Membership Corner............................................ ...............7
National Event Schedule.......................................... ..........8
Around the MSTA.............................................. ...............9
Member Profile – Hal Kramer/WV........................................ 12
The Guzzi Wants to be Ridden...........................................1 3
Yamaha Champions Riding School.......................................14
Yamaha Champions Riding School Motorcycles Road Test........17
LASMTA Cajun Christmas .................................................1 8
Chasing Ducs in the Ozark Mountains..................................20
Just For Fun Events .................................................. .....21
Safety Strategies........................................ ....................22
Helen Preregistration Form.............................................. ..24
Helen Event Preview........................................... .............25
T-24 Event Preview........................................... ..............26
STAR 2012 Vendors and Speakers......................................27
MSTA Membership Registration Form...................................28
Continental Divide Ride.............................................. ......30

Enjoy!

Jon Campbell

Motorcycle Sport Touring Association

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

STAR 2012 - Avon, Colorado

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Trophyrider; 04-15-2012 at 10:12 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-15-2012, 10:09 PM

I get "Page Not Found" on a Mac using Chrome browser.

Someday is not a day of the week.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-15-2012, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerpawed View Post
same but with a pc

IBA # 49372
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-15-2012, 10:13 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerpawed View Post
Looks like the link was boogered up. Fixed now!

Jon Campbell

post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-15-2012, 10:34 PM

Thanks Jon, I'll check it out.

Someday is not a day of the week.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-15-2012, 10:46 PM

Jon, since I sold the Versys and bought the DZR, I let my membership drop this year. I think I will re up and ride the BS in Theodosia, maybe the AR T ? coming up. What are the odds of finding any dual sports, or a trail ride. I seem to remember one offered at the Paris AR event. INFO? Great to see you on the forum, the MSTA is the best club for sport riding. I am joining the Adventure Riders group, but it is just so world wide big it's kinda scary. What a forum that is, OMG.

My Album:
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-15-2012, 10:48 PM

Oh, btw. I rode with Rock Rhodes at the AR rally. What a tragic loss to the sport. I saw the article in the STAR, but I know a man from here, who knew Rock and he has so many stories, it's kinda unbelievable. He was a true Sport Touring Legend, and I couldn't keep up with him, nor could many others.

My Album:
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-15-2012, 10:50 PM

Hey, guys that are having trouble with the site. Just go ahead and join. It's the best $35 you'll ever spend!

My Album:
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-15-2012, 11:04 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Element View Post
Jon, since I sold the Versys and bought the DZR, I let my membership drop this year. I think I will re up and ride the BS in Theodosia, maybe the AR T ? coming up. What are the odds of finding any dual sports, or a trail ride. I seem to remember one offered at the Paris AR event. INFO? Great to see you on the forum, the MSTA is the best club for sport riding. I am joining the Adventure Riders group, but it is just so world wide big it's kinda scary. What a forum that is, OMG.
I'm not sure if DS will be offered at either, but my guess is yes. Seems most of the MSTA rallies have DS options available. I put the word out and will let you know what I find out.

Jon Campbell

post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-15-2012, 11:07 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Oh, btw. I rode with Rock Rhodes at the AR rally. What a tragic loss to the sport. I saw the article in the STAR, but I know a man from here, who knew Rock and he has so many stories, it's kinda unbelievable. He was a true Sport Touring Legend, and I couldn't keep up with him, nor could many others.
I was talking to Rock a couple of weeks prior to his crash at STAR. I was shocked when I heard the news. Rock was an interesting guy and lived a full life. He is missed by many.

Jon Campbell

post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-15-2012, 11:08 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Hey, guys that are having trouble with the site. Just go ahead and join. It's the best $35 you'll ever spend!
We dropped the membership dues to $25 a year.

Jon Campbell

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-15-2012, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trophyrider View Post
I was talking to Rock a couple of weeks prior to his crash at STAR. I was shocked when I heard the news. Rock was an interesting guy and lived a full life. He is missed by many.
Just a quick Rock story, from my buddy Gary his good friend. Rock apparently was leading Gary as usual, and somehow lost it in a corner one day. The FJR flipped end over end, went thru a barbed wire fence. Rock was shaken, not hurt too badly that day. He still road the same FJR when we rode together in '09(or '10 I think) he just painted it black so it looked different. He led the group all day, and waited on us at the turns. He usually rode with his sister(that day) as a passenger, or his wife. She was sweet, and must have been brave or kept her eyes closed. I could almost hang in the twisties, but of course they dropped me passing cars on the straights. Best day of riding I ever had, love Northern Arkansas and the lack of Ark. HP. !

BTW, my first MSTA event, was the BS that we lost Bruce in. RIP I hope I'm not some kind of JINX!

My Album:

Last edited by Element; 04-15-2012 at 11:17 PM.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-15-2012, 11:42 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Just a quick Rock story, from my buddy Gary his good friend. Rock apparently was leading Gary as usual, and somehow lost it in a corner one day. The FJR flipped end over end, went thru a barbed wire fence. Rock was shaken, not hurt too badly that day. He still road the same FJR when we rode together in '09(or '10 I think) he just painted it black so it looked different. He led the group all day, and waited on us at the turns. He usually rode with his sister(that day) as a passenger, or his wife. She was sweet, and must have been brave or kept her eyes closed. I could almost hang in the twisties, but of course they dropped me passing cars on the straights. Best day of riding I ever had, love Northern Arkansas and the lack of Ark. HP. !

BTW, my first MSTA event, was the BS that we lost Bruce in. RIP I hope I'm not some kind of JINX!
As with any motorcycle club, this kind of stuff happens from time to time. It's fairly infrequent with the MSTA, but the loss is no less painful. I believe we have lost 4 members to crashes in the 15 years I've been with the club, and only a couple of those were at MSTA events. Some were avoidable, some weren't, some we will never know the circumstances.

Rock's tribute in STAReview is in this issue if you didn't get a copy:

http://ridemsta.com/download/starevi...ew_3008_28.pdf

Jon Campbell

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-16-2012, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trophyrider View Post
As with any motorcycle club, this kind of stuff happens from time to time. It's fairly infrequent with the MSTA, but the loss is no less painful. I believe we have lost 4 members to crashes in the 15 years I've been with the club, and only a couple of those were at MSTA events. Some were avoidable, some weren't, some we will never know the circumstances.

Rock's tribute in STAReview is in this issue if you didn't get a copy:

http://ridemsta.com/download/starevi...ew_3008_28.pdf
Then, the last two happened in my short 2 year membership, proving my JINX. I know it's a safe club, don't get me wrong. It's just like my RAGRAI, experience in the country's largest bicycle ride(across IOWA). They have averaged one death per year since it began way back when. Just large numbers of people. The MSTA, as I said, is the best club anyone could ask for, friendly folks, true motorcycle enthusiasts, and not snobish at all. To think it started with a Honda club says the most for it. They welcome all bikes, including dual sport(mostly KLR, BMW, I saw). I think as I have said before, anybody riding a Versys could and should join. If they like to ride beyond their borders. If not and they are as lucky as me, maybe the events will come to your back door. I have 3 per year within 2 to 3 hour rides. Cheers Jon, hope to meet you one day in person!

My Album:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode