You see all sorts at the races - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-20-2012, 05:40 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
You see all sorts at the races

Went up to watch practice day just before a weekend race meeting as i can hear them racing from home and they do not charge for people to watch practice. http://www.nzv8s.co.nz/circuit/6/4/C...ary%202012.htm

A guy pulled up close to me on top of a bank with his convertable and because it was pretty hot so this is what he did but after he seen a couple of us taking photos, he put his roof up.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-20-2012, 08:10 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Looks like Great fun, Phil. Weather looks so good.

Chinese New Year is this Monday. More eating and drinking to do.....

My V Blog:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Ride safe,

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-20-2012, 08:24 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlee29 View Post
Looks like Great fun, Phil. Weather looks so good.

Chinese New Year is this Monday. More eating and drinking to do.....
Any excuse for eating your great food would do it for me. Not long after i took the photo a friend of mine just finished work and wanted to go for a ride on his new Z750 which he has had all week but due to work out of town he could not ride but was back in town early friday so we went for a full on 3 hr ride and pick up his Dad half way through and it was a great evening.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-20-2012, 08:25 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
The umbrella is fine. Its just hard to think a man would be caught dead in that gay car.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-20-2012, 09:50 PM

Joseph,

He He My car won't be so gay now....a paint job next...

My V Blog:

Ride safe,

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-20-2012, 09:56 PM

Garage
Quote:
Joseph,

He He My car won't be so gay now....a paint job next...

Hey stlee,

I was talking about the Miata. Not exactly a manly car.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-20-2012, 10:03 PM

No problems, Joseph. I always felt my BMW E34 looked old and out of place. Her handle good especially in the wet, though... Are you fully recovered, no pains and back as normal?

My V Blog:

Ride safe,

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-20-2012, 11:12 PM

Garage
Quote:
No problems, Joseph. I always felt my BMW E34 looked old and out of place. Her handle good especially in the wet, though... Are you fully recovered, no pains and back as normal?
Still on the mend. Knees and lower back get stiff if i'm walking around too much. Getting better though will just take some time. But i ride when i get the chance. Actually going in to one of our shops and put i a weeks worth of work. Been goofing off since last may so its time to get back to work.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-21-2012, 01:10 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
The umbrella is fine. Its just hard to think a man would be caught dead in that gay car.
Hey - I had a 1999 MX5 in that same gold color - one of the best handling cars I have owned.

The only car that was as well balance was a Datsun 1600 circa 1972.

Both cars loved the corners almost as much as the Versys.

Although I have had Miss Jaffa (Burnt Orange 2007 Versys) for a while, I still have a lot to learn.

"The happiest people donít have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything."
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-21-2012, 11:33 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigaussie View Post
Hey - I had a 1999 MX5 in that same gold color - one of the best handling cars I have owned.

The only car that was as well balance was a Datsun 1600 circa 1972.

Both cars loved the corners almost as much as the Versys.

Good to known. But i guess we've all owned something at some point in our lives that just didn't look quite right...

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

Last edited by weljo2001; 10-22-2014 at 01:42 PM.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-21-2012, 01:45 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Saw a pic of a Miata with stock hood, AND a 350 cu. inch Chev V8 UNDER it!

ROCK-AND-ROLL!

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode