Tire Falls Off Truck Hits My Girlfriends Car - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-08-2011, 05:10 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Tire Falls Off Truck Hits My Girlfriends Car

My girlfriend been in Puerto Rico for the past 4 years. Flew home for good Dec,3rd. Heading out to her new job today on the 91 to Corona. A truck hauling tires is up ahead of her in one of the lanes to her left. All of a sudden she see a tire a split second before it hits her car. Both air bags deploy so she can't see anything gets stopped without any incident. When the police officer got there she was getting ready to tell him what happened when he just looked at her and started telling her how lucky she was. He had seen it all on video before he got to the accident. Apparently it all happened where they have cameras set up on the freeways. He told her it fell off the truck wasn't tied down well enough hit the freeway bounced way up in the air and came down on her car like a hammer,bounced off went across the median and hit another car on the other side of the freeway. What sucks is she loves that car i bought it for her Jan,2005 right after i moved out here. The car only had 22,000 miles on it and was like new inside and out. But the car can be fixed all that matters is she came out fine just alittle shaken up.

DSCN2720 by weljo2001, on Flickr

DSCN2721 by weljo2001, on Flickr

DSCN2722 by weljo2001, on Flickr

DSCN2723 by weljo2001, on Flickr

DSCN2724 by weljo2001, on Flickr

DSCN2725 by weljo2001, on Flickr

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett

Last edited by weljo2001; 12-08-2011 at 08:06 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-08-2011, 06:06 PM
MTS

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Wow, sorry about that weljo that just sucks!! What a freak thing! Did the cops caught the trucker who didn't tie down his load correctly which could have killed someone? That would be no good on a bike! I hope insurance will cover that under full coverage?

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-08-2011, 06:17 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTS View Post
Wow, sorry about that weljo that just sucks!! What a freak thing! Did the cops caught the trucker who didn't tie down his load correctly which could have killed someone? That would be no good on a bike! I hope insurance will cover that under full coverage?

The truck didn't stop. Probably had no ideal he lost one. Hopefully they can get the name of the company or license plate number from the video. The car has full coverage. The insurance company have already picked up the car and got us a rental. We have our car insurance through Mercury Insurance and all i have is good things to say about them.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-08-2011, 06:22 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Apologies to Dylan: "With God on (her) side..."

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-08-2011, 06:58 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
Apologies to Dylan: "With God on (her) side..."

Thanks Ed.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-08-2011, 07:00 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTS View Post
That would be no good on a bike!

Tell me about it but i saw this one coming.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-08-2011, 07:47 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
Wow Joseph you guys having a bad run on vehicles, first the sign and narrow miss of the run away tyres then your crash and now your girlfriend. That must of been one scary moment for your girlfriend. All the best and pray no more troubles come your way.
post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-08-2011, 08:06 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi 41 View Post
Wow Joseph you guys having a bad run on vehicles, first the sign and narrow miss of the run away tyres then your crash and now your girlfriend. That must of been one scary moment for your girlfriend. All the best and pray no more troubles come your way.

Thanks Phil,

Guess were just getting all of the bad luck out of the way before the New Year. The bike and cars can be repaired my big butt will heal even if it is slowly. But my girl can't be replaced. We both look at it as we are both lucky at this point in time.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-08-2011, 08:22 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Thanks Phil,

Guess were just getting all of the bad luck out of the way before the New Year. The bike and cars can be repaired my big butt will heal even if it is slowly. But my girl can't be replaced. We both look at it as we are both lucky at this point in time.
Exactly right, cars/bikes can be replaced but we or our loved ones can't so its always good to apreciate what we got and who we share it with.
post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-08-2011, 09:42 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi 41 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Thanks Phil,

Exactly what I was thinking!! You poor people! I'm glad she's ok, Joseph. That car looks like it took one helluva hit!

post #11 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-08-2011, 09:57 PM
Rik

wow you guys are two for two on the vehicles these days....glad yet again no serious injuries btw how's the knee from the versys mishap healing?
post #12 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-08-2011, 10:06 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
wow you guys are two for two on the vehicles these days....glad yet again no serious injuries btw how's the knee from the versys mishap healing?
Healing up good. Nothing broken or torn. Just swolllen and sore.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #13 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-08-2011, 10:16 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear on a bicycle View Post
Exactly what I was thinking!! You poor people! I'm glad she's ok, Joseph. That car looks like it took one helluva hit!
Heck of a hit. When she told me what happened and the car was being towed i thought what the hell "A Tire" But then i saw the photos. Its all just alittle set back its still been a wonderful day. Having her home and just enjoying all the laughter and happiness she brings to us.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #14 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-08-2011, 11:18 PM

Glad she's OK and you are OK too. Close calls all around these days, me too.

Someday is not a day of the week.
post #15 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-09-2011, 02:09 AM

Great to hear she's ok. Maybe you should bring back Fred Flintstone avatar to change you luck!

Vulcan 1700 Classic

post #16 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-09-2011, 06:38 AM

Glad she is okay, but it still sucks that it happened. The same thing happened earlier this year in central mass I think in the worcester area where a tire wasn't tied down well enough, but someone died in this incedent.
http://www.tirereview.com/Article/91...indshield.aspx

Those who say money can't buy happines haven't bought A VERSYS.
post #17 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-09-2011, 07:24 AM

Glad to hear your girlfriend ok. Hope your recovery is also A-OK and speedy. Cheers!

My V Blog:

Ride safe,

post #18 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-09-2011, 08:54 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to offcamber
Glad she's okay....

I had a similar instance except I was the one losing the tire!! It was a Sunday morning heading South on I-75 through the middle of Atlanta GA. I was in my Wrangler pulling a small military trailer heading back from Tellico NC from a wheeling trip.

All of sudden with no warning the left front wheel just peels away from the jeep and I feel it settle on the rotor. I steered towards the shoulder and got it stopped safely.

I was with some friends following me and we all stopped....white as ghost my mind immediately thought about where the wheel went as my last sight of it was it bouncing across the median. My fear was I just killed someone. I began to get the jack off the jeep to put the spare tire on and hear comes one of my buddies with the wheel.
He said a guy in a pickup going the other way saw it happen, chased down the tire got off the next exit, and brought it back. He took off before I could thank him....wow that's being a good sam for sure!

Some cops stopped to see if was going on directed me to a pepboys off the next exit and in about an hour I had a new rotor and lug nuts and on my way...
I know I was lucky that day and still thank god for looking out for me...guessing it just wasn't my time..If that wheel pitched under the Jeep instead of away I probably wouldn't be telling this story.
post #19 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-09-2011, 09:17 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Insurance called today. The car is a total loss. Man that sucks the car was like new low miles and paid for.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #20 of 35 (permalink) Old 12-09-2011, 09:33 PM
Super Moderator

Yep, that does suck. And it looked like a really nice car.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode