New Cup Holder - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-15-2011, 11:13 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
New Cup Holder

Might have to change out my old one. http://www.magnificent-ma.com/

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-16-2011, 12:27 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanks for the heads up. That's a very intersting idea.
Looks too easy to move around with a single hand. But I guess they wouldn't sell it if it fell off easily. I see a potential theft issue with it, but I guess you could take it with you when you dismount.

Hoping to become a rider soon
post #3 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-16-2011, 12:47 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Heres the one i have now.

IMG_0033 by weljo2001, on Flickr

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #4 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-16-2011, 06:54 AM

Finally something to hold my Beer! ;-)

---
LeFrere

What's on my 2009 Versys:
Vario Windshield
Gel seat (and my ass ;-)
Piaa Horn
USB plug
Lowering kit
Storm Handguards
RAM mount (i-phone/E-trex Legend)
Cool Mirrors
GearTronic ZERO
Rear tire :Metzeler tourance (150/70R-17/)
Front tire: Avon Distenzia

and more...

P.S.
Si tu fais le mal, fait le bien car le mal bien fait ne fait jamais bien mal....
post #5 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-16-2011, 03:23 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Just ordered one for my brother. Will post what he thinks about it once he gets it.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #6 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-16-2011, 04:43 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Sounds perfect. I never know wear to put my martini while riding.
post #7 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-16-2011, 04:57 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Has more uses than just a beverage holder. I use mine to place my camera in on rides i want to take pictures quickly also put phone in it while charging while on the road and all kind of other uses. good place to have you spare ammo clips also.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #8 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-16-2011, 08:03 PM

That's cool as hell. Thanks for posting!
post #9 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-16-2011, 08:11 PM

I like the idea, but how did you order it, I couldn't find anything to click on to order.

Those who say money can't buy happines haven't bought A VERSYS.
post #10 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-16-2011, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glowcat13 View Post
I like the idea, but how did you order it, I couldn't find anything to click on to order.
Go to the shopping cart tab at the top!
post #11 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-16-2011, 09:01 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Here Ya Go...http://shop.magnificent-ma.com/

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #12 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-16-2011, 09:31 PM

thanks for the info Capn and weljo

Those who say money can't buy happines haven't bought A VERSYS.
post #13 of 40 (permalink) Old 11-16-2011, 10:21 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by glowcat13 View Post
thanks for the info Capn and weljo

Anytime....

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #14 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-08-2012, 07:09 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Forgot to post on this until now. My brother really really like the cup holder i sent him... http://www.magnificent-ma.com/ I was going to order one before christmas but got in a wreck late november. So ordered it yesterday and got a nice e-mail from Lee thanking me for the order and he was glad to hear that my brother was a happy customer. Got another e-mail from Lee this morning letting me know the cup holder would ship out today and letting me also know he refunded to my card $5.00 because he would be offering a $5.00 discount. Lee is a great guy that offers great customer service.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #15 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-10-2012, 03:02 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Just got the cup holder in today. Ordered it on the 7th after 5pm. Fast service.Really well built heavy duty piece. Will be using it tomorrow on a ride down to the mexican border tomorrow.Will post photos then.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #16 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-10-2012, 03:27 PM

Lemme know if empty water bottles, empty 12oz cans, and empty styrofoam cups fly out! If they don't, I may just have to get one.

I see from the guys demo video he has a styrofoam 44oz cup but it looks quite full and heavy. I feel like the empty's will fly out and litter the streets.

in advance for a ride report!
post #17 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-10-2012, 04:00 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Kirk View Post
Lemme know if empty water bottles, empty 12oz cans, and empty styrofoam cups fly out! If they don't, I may just have to get one.

I see from the guys demo video he has a styrofoam 44oz cup but it looks quite full and heavy. I feel like the empty's will fly out and litter the streets.

Will Do.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #18 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-10-2012, 11:51 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Kirk View Post

Heres an e-mail from Lee to answer your question and the codes for the discount and a charity run also.

Joseph,

First, thanks for the posts! I'd like to ask a favor. Even though I posted I made a new member post on the Kawasaki Versys forum I can't post to the thread you started so I can introduce myself, answer questions, and post the discount codes for anyone who wants to order. I'd like to ask if you would be willing to make a post or 2 for me.

First I wanted to answer CapnKirk's question about empty cups: "In my experience nothing flys out below 40 - 45mph, over that empty paper coffee cups come out, I've had a plastic water bottle come out once or twice, 32oz styrofoam completely empty (no ice or liquid) has never come out on me, 44oz styrofoam cups when completely empty (no ice or liquid) flops around and always looks like it's about to come out, but I have never had one fly out (as it tilts it actually wedges itself in). That being said I've found a solution, it's called the candom; it's a roll on can cover. I attached a large washer to the bottom of the candom and rolled it on a coffee cup, it worked perfectly. Candoms are about $5 on the net. I'll be experimenting with less expensive solutions, when I find one I'll let everyone know."

Second I wanted to let people know the discount codes: "I originally wanted to combine the discount and help a friend with a charity run by putting the discount codes on his website and ask people to go there to get them. However, Chuck and I keep missing each so here goes. First the coupon codes:

pegasus - this code will provide you with a $5.00 discount on the cup holder (about 13%)
donate2pegasus - this code should be used if you prefer that your discount be donated to the charity run, and I will match each donation 100%.

About the charity run -- It's March 31, 2012 in Lockhart, TX. It's being organized by a good friend Chuck from Chucks Leather, and it 100% of all proceeds go to Pegasus Schools, Inc. This is a very special place, and one dear to my heart and Chuck's. Pegasus is a treatment facility for abused and neglected boys and works with the most difficult kids in the state...and with types of kids they work with, Pegasus has one of the highest success rates in the country. I was one of the first employees over 20 years ago, and 20 years later I am still proud to say it.

You can find information about the benefit run here Chuck's Leather and Accessories - 2nd Annual Motorcycle Country Fun Run (URL - http://www.chucksleather.com/2nd-Ann...e-Country.html )

Thanks all!!

Lee"

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #19 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-11-2012, 03:57 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
I think I am going to put a hard drive magnet in the bottom of my Kawasaki drink coozy. and see what I think before buying. Mostly wear a FF helmet and use a water bladder.

My Versys Travels:

post #20 of 40 (permalink) Old 03-11-2012, 09:10 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Sorry to have to tell you the cup holder won't work on the Versys. The shape of the Versys keeps it from working like it should. the only part of the tank that has a flat area is at the gas cap and it won't stick there.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode