Anyone use an Atrix? - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-12-2011, 09:30 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Anyone use an Atrix?

I'm trying to decide what to replace my beat up old iPhone 3g with.

Looking at an Android based phone with AT&T. Heading over to the AT&T store at lunch to play with a few devices today. I'm leaning towards the Atrix at the moment.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-12-2011, 10:41 AM

Take a look into Samsung Galaxy S2 or HTC Sensation. I think they are at least as good as Atrix, if not better, with the S2 having more potential (more accessories, longer life span in terms of performance).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-12-2011, 11:16 AM Thread Starter

So I looked at 3 phones at lunch. Atrix, Inspire and another one. I did not care for the Atrix's navigation. The Inspire was smooth as silk on the UI and felt like it had some durability. The other one did not impress me much.

I'll check out those other two but so far the feel of the Inspire and it's UI really impressed me. The Atrix just felt cheap.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-13-2011, 06:02 PM

Not interested in the new iPhone 4S releasing on Oct. 14th?
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-14-2011, 05:54 AM Thread Starter

Not particulary. I still haven't gone to the normal 4 yet. My main problem is my phone was working perfectly fine up until the 4.1 IOS release. Now I get blackscreens and boots the home screen when I open mail with large attachments.

Sadly I also use my phone as a remote desktop/vpn tool when I am on call. Nothing like the ability to whip out the phone VPN in and remote into a server and fix something. Saves me carrying a laptop and broadband card with me when I am on call. The other side of this is the particular RSA tokens and VPN NAC stop me from downgrading my OS on the iPhone. Because of the new issues introduced with the last two upgrades I've had to stop doing this.

When I called Apple to speak to them about ways to fix several issues with the latest IOS update their solution was "just go buy a new iPhone 4". That is all well and good however I particulary don't like the 4's. The shape and size means I can't just slide it into my pocket and be comfortable. I understand I'm working with a piece of older technology but when I tested the iPhone 4 that we had at work I kept getting the antenna death grip issue.

So IOS based devices are no longer on my choosing block and I am going to move to an Android device. I'm bit irked though at the Atrix and Motorola in general. Motorola uses encrypted boot loaders thereby making it next to impossible to fully root the Atrix and customize further.

For my wife I would happily upgrade her to an iPhone 4. She uses her phone as a email/facebook/and iPod and hates change.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-14-2011, 06:02 AM

Until you get the Android you may want to try this on your iPhone 3G:

http://www.whited00r.com/iphone-3g/

It's a custom firmware based on 3.1 but with most of the functions of the FMW 4.
My 3G was also useless on FMW 4 and then I installed this one. Difference is night and day.

Only limitation is that you can't use applications that are written for FMW 4.

I hate Apple and their updates. Ruined my MacBook with the updates as well.

Last edited by Ivan V; 10-14-2011 at 06:05 AM.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-14-2011, 09:30 AM

Did you look at any of the Windows phones? I just got one, and am very impressed.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode