anyone else have a habitual 1 upper in their life? - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-06-2011, 02:34 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
anyone else have a habitual 1 upper in their life?

My story goes like this:
about 4 yrs ago I used to have a BA job. I was a rock climbing director and a white water rafting guide. Myself along with a hiking guide would take people on week long trips and they would hike 100 miles, raft/kayak 2 rivers, and climb/rappel 2 cliffs. So I thought this was pretty rad. I called up my friend craig to try and tell him how cool my job was and see what he was up to....

here is how that phone call went:

craig: hello

me: hey man, wassup?!

craig: well, my dad and I went on a trip to Colorado in our home made kitfox airplane to go hiking and skiing. We hit some bad weather and we had to do an emergency landing in a cow pasture. We landed fine but hit a divot in the ground which made the prop hit the ground and break off flying into the side of the airplane messing some stuff up.

me: .... uh huh

craig: yea well... my dad found who's land we were on and they were cool about everything, so we are staying in their cabin over night, my dad has some part overnighted to him hear and he is going to fix the airplane in the cowpasture and then attempt to take off and continue our trip.

me: riiight.... okay

craig: what are you up to buddy?

me: nothing JERK

---------------
I almost threw my phone out the window of the van I was driving up the side of some of the most beautiful landscapes of the smokies I had ever seen.

Anyways what brings this up is, as I was planning to ride from philly to the tail of the dragon with friends this weekend, craig informs me that he and his father are going to take that same home made airplane from ATL to Alaska to do some hiking and fly fishing. here is there spot page:http://share.findmespot.com/shared/f...1gqRekoTlhFuEg

So of course these are pretty funny stories... do any of you have any 1 upper stories?

1997 KLR 650
2011 Halle-friggin-leuya Versys
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-06-2011, 05:37 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
What would he be doing if he wasn't with "Daddy"

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-06-2011, 06:19 PM Thread Starter

weljo - normally i would have said the same thing. But in this case, this dude is just awesome.

He has his master's in divinity and created a homeless shelter/church in atlanta after deciding he didnt want to be a chaplan just like his dad.

someone else has to have a good story.....

1997 KLR 650
2011 Halle-friggin-leuya Versys

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-07-2011, 06:25 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to offcamber
I know a guy who SAYS he has done stuff like that .....its become kind of a joke. A group of us were talking about racing one day and he chimed in and someone said sarcastically...Your gonna tell us you raced at Talladega?? He said well no but I did do one of those NASCAR experience there....we al rolled our eyes because this guy hasn't had a job in God knows when so we all really doubt he paid the big money to do that....

He's also a master mechanic that apparently can't do a simple brake job. That's another story.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode