If it wasn't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-05-2011, 06:23 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
If it wasn't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all

Was geared up ready to roll this morning and cranked on the V and start manuevering up to the head of the driveway.

Our neighbor a few doors down has a cat that he lets run loose. Oh no Mr. Kitty couldn't go out from under my car while I was moving the V out into the main part of the driveway. Mr. Kitty who I have now named Little Dbag decided the best time to run out while was while I was leaning and turning my wheel at about 1 mph and shot under the V and stopped and laid down.

Instead of rolling over LDB, I stopped and over balanced. Down to the right side I went. snapped the tip off my brake lever and bent my brake pedal. I managed to lay it down by hand though so any other damage was minimal.

This is after I fixed the clutch lever from my gravel road adventure. *sigh*

Being an animal lover I couldn't squish the stupid beast. Although now I'm looking at how much effort, time and money I will have to put in two fix to minor things and I'm thinking the darn LDB smooshing would have been easier. Of course clean up would have been a pain.

At least the V is driveable and its minor. As I said I managed to lay it down gently. Hell if I had a pillow it would have been like me tucking it in.

Last edited by MikeV; 08-05-2011 at 06:50 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-05-2011, 06:44 AM

Sorry you ended up dropping it, though its good you did it gently, I to have gently put mine down twice on the right side, both times in parking lots one assphalt the other dirt, and also have the tip of the brake lever broken off.

Those who say money can't buy happines haven't bought A VERSYS.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-05-2011, 06:50 AM Thread Starter

When I get home me and my neighbor will be having a conversation about his cat for the second time.

The last one didn't go so well he came over yelling about how my dogs (in our fenced in back yard) chased his cat and scared it.

I just don't get how people can let their animals they supposedly love run around. We also live on a pretty active road. I've seen a few drivers slam their brakes to avoid this same cat a few times. From what I can tell the animal isn't neutered and has sprayed my wife's garden a few times and pooped in our front flowers.

It's probably not worth the time talking to this block head though. Lesson learned though check under the cars for LDB in the future and coat the drive way with memory foam, right

Oh and back to the empty parking lot to practice more slow speed stops with the wheel turned and quick stops.
post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-05-2011, 07:51 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to offcamber
neighbor feuds are no fun and usually don't end well...However if the cat was on your property then the owner should pay for the damages to the bike. I would ask politely if that doesn't work sick the insurance company on them.

I have a few cats that keep stalking my chickens....more than one has gotten a welt on their ass from my bb-gun...I'd love one of the owners to come complain....
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-05-2011, 08:00 AM

Get a paint ball gun. Doesn't hurt as much as a BB and you can enjoy seeing the flourecent green sploch on LBD's behind for weeks....
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-05-2011, 08:02 AM Thread Starter

I'm just going to let it go. He is a renter of the property two doors down so he has little investment in the neighborhood. I can satisfy myself that he should be gone within the next 8+/- months as his lease expires and the owner of the property is not giving him the option to renew.

Hopefully he goes somewhere where is his kitty can roam free and safe.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-05-2011, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeV View Post
I'm just going to let it go. He is a renter of the property two doors down so he has little investment in the neighborhood. I can satisfy myself that he should be gone within the next 8+/- months as his lease expires and the owner of the property is not giving him the option to renew.

Where in Fredneck are you? My Brother lives by the airport...
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-05-2011, 09:49 AM Thread Starter

I live in Yellow Springs way past Fort Detrick. If you keep going down rosemont avenue
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-05-2011, 10:28 AM

If you need any help I know how to get ride of cats
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-05-2011, 10:32 AM

Quote:
I live in Yellow Springs way past Fort Detrick. If you keep going down rosemont avenue

I mapped it. You are North. He is SE of you off the 70 / 144 split.
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-05-2011, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HueyDriver View Post
I mapped it. You are North. He is SE of you off the 70 / 144 split.
Pellet gun works great for removing annoying cats! Also pouring some human urine in your flower beds will keep the cats out. We used mountain lion urine mixed with heavy grease and coated markers along the jet runway lot keep deer off the military runway. It works!
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-05-2011, 11:35 AM

I recommend dual tone Fiamm horns. They will move the dead! It's also very satisfying to see the critters jump.
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-05-2011, 12:12 PM

So many cats. So few recipes.
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-05-2011, 01:08 PM Thread Starter

Obviously I need to re-post the subject. I just realized I'm lucky enough to have a sympathetic ear and gents/gal with a sense of humor to make me smile.

Thanks all.
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-05-2011, 11:33 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Hey MikeV - got a .22...?

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-06-2011, 08:16 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:

Not worth stressing over.

post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-06-2011, 08:42 AM

That's crazy that a cat would do that. Well...at least you know what maneuvers you need to practice.

You should put soft saddlebags on (full with clothing) along with some crash bars then practice your slow speed maneuvers while someone throws cats at you.
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-06-2011, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumbo75 View Post
... Well...at least you know what maneuvers you need to practice.

You should put soft saddlebags on (full with clothing) along with some crash bars then practice your slow speed maneuvers while someone throws cats at you.

LOL Now thatís funny!

Maybe they should add that to the MSF Safety Course. I can see it now... in a parking lot... launching they with a Catapult!

~~ Live Like You're Dying ~~
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-06-2011, 08:55 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumbo75 View Post
That's crazy that a cat would do that. Well...at least you know what maneuvers you need to practice.

Anyone got some LCD cleaner? I just spit coffee all over my LCD and Line 6 UX1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode