Indianapolis MotoGP - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-01-2011, 12:09 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Indianapolis MotoGP

Has anyone been to the MotoGP at Indianapolis? If so, could you share some information on best track location for viewing the race or any other tips that you might have. I am thinking about taking a road trip with my son to see this race.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-01-2011, 04:26 PM

Indy MotoGP

I went to the first one-with the heavy rain and wind-and last year's-hot, hot, hot. It is an awesome experience. General admission tickets are reasonable and allow you to walk all over the place and check out different viewing points as the weekend progresses. There are some grandstands for unreserved seating, but you're quite a way from the actual racing surface. On the other hand there are several jumbo tv screens that allow you to follow the action on the far side of the track.
Cycle World magazine has a ticket promotion for a general admission ticket for Fri. and Sat. and a reserved seat on Sunday. I did that last year and was in the Southwest Vista grandstand, and I could see plenty of action right in front of me.
Cycle parking is free on the backstretch of the oval-yes, the actual racing surface for the 500-and there's enough bikes parked there to spend an entire day just walking up and down the aisles looking at 'em all.
You won't regret it. Come early, stay late, bring water and sun screen and comfortable walking shoes-the place is huge. HTH

Larry aka Charliedog
Bristol, TN

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-02-2011, 04:51 PM

RW

I've been to 3 so far. You'll wanna sit in the South West Vista (see track map at Indy motogp site) Best view in the house as they come off the front straight into the first infield section.

BY ALL MEANS: You'll want to go to the flat track race at the Indy Mile on the night before the race. Tickets available at the gate, but get there early. Last year I was crusin' the pits and who else was walkin' around there? Valle Rossi. Cool. This makes it a perfect weekend.

I'll be there; probably via cage.

Enjoy !
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-02-2011, 05:36 PM Thread Starter

Larry. Thanks for the advice, very helpful and much appreciated.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-02-2011, 05:41 PM Thread Starter

Jdcooper. Thanks for the advice. The South West Vista seems to be the best place to view the race as mentioned by Larry as well. The flat track race is something that I didn't know of, so I will definitely look into seeing that as well. Thanks again.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-02-2011, 06:18 PM

Also make sure and check out some action from the infield. The infield overlooking the tight, twisty section back there makes for better viewing than the grandstands IMO, and absolutely better for photography of the action.

Also note that you can carry in pretty much any food or beverage that you want, so bring plenty of your favorite liquids. August in Indiana is hot as balls and there is little relief from the sun in the viewing areas.

Last edited by dmason; 08-02-2011 at 06:21 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode