How would you handle this situation? - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 60 (permalink) Old 07-18-2011, 09:58 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
How would you handle this situation?

You have been at the river playing and swimming with your two beloved long hair dogs (still damp coats). On the way home you park in the 100% shade with the current temperature of 91 degree's go into the grocery store and come out 8-12 minutes later with two items. The Dogs are perfectly fine as expected. You find a couple standing next to a their vehicle parked behind you blocking your exit. You ask them to move and they will not. When asked, the male tells you they are not placing you under citizenís arrest and they do not have to. Then order you to get in your car and wait, without telling you, for what, or how long. What do you do then?

This is me with my little dog's at the SPCA Doggie Dash 5K fundraising walk
a couple of months ago.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	my_photo.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	82.4 KB
ID:	11871  

"Respect the Ride if you don't you Won't"
"A man's got to know his limitations"

Last edited by cmoreride; 07-18-2011 at 10:45 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 60 (permalink) Old 07-18-2011, 10:11 AM

You contact the police and wait, if the officer who arrives on scene isn't also a complete left-wing, animal nut/eco-maniac then you'll be vindicated in five minutes. Then I'm certain that there is some statute that can be found for you to press charges against them.

On second thought, I carry a .357 with me at all times. I very well may tell the person something to the extent, "Your currently restraining my freedom as an American citizen which I am taking as a personal threat against my security and safety" and then I may...may pull my shirt back from my holster to make sure they understand the seriousness of the situation.

Mike

Last edited by KawiVA76; 07-18-2011 at 06:37 PM.
post #3 of 60 (permalink) Old 07-18-2011, 10:21 AM

- i wouldn't have left my dogs in the car - not because i think its wrong, but because i am from georgia and they have like NO tolerance for that stuff and will arrest you in a heart beat

- I probably would have tried to talk to them and let them meet the dogs, explaining that you take very good care of them, most people have a soul. If they were aggressive, then I would just slowly back my car up and let them decide to move out to the way. Although they have the right to citizen's arrest, they do not have the ability or the right to detain you.

1997 KLR 650
2011 Halle-friggin-leuya Versys
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #4 of 60 (permalink) Old 07-18-2011, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmoreride View Post
You have been at the river playing and swimming with your two beloved long hair dogs (still damp coats). On the way home you park in the 100% shade with the current temperature of 91 degree's go into the grocery store and come out 8-12 minutes later with two items. The Dogs are perfectly fine as expected. You find a couple standing next to a their vehicle parked behind you blocking your exit. You ask them to move and they will not. When asked, the male tells you they are not placing you under citizenís arrest and they do not have to. Then order you to get in your car and wait, without telling you, for what, or how long. What do you do then?

This is me with my little dog's at the SPCA Doggie Dash 5K fundraising walk
a couple of months ago.
CMORE ol' buddy, I tried real hard not to ask but "Do you think they were do gooder libs or mean nasty repubs?" Sorry man you left that door wide open.
post #5 of 60 (permalink) Old 07-18-2011, 02:48 PM Thread Starter

From my experience people are such a befuddling mix of qualitities. I don't know if a correct conclusion could be drawn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
CMORE ol' buddy, I tried real hard not to ask but "Do you think they were do gooder libs or mean nasty repubs?" Sorry man you left that door wide open.

post #6 of 60 (permalink) Old 07-18-2011, 03:24 PM

First off, in front of witnesses, if possible, tell them that you feel very threatened by their actions and that you fear for your life. That covers you in court for many things that may happen next. You can go the route and explain about the cooling properties of evaporating water or you can rest assured that your airbags will not go off at slow ramming speeds in reverse. There is no telling self righteous people anything. I'm sure they cannot detain you, prolly just a couple from the grand ole party that has seen your posts.
post #7 of 60 (permalink) Old 07-18-2011, 03:27 PM

:funny post:

we were all thinking it

1997 KLR 650
2011 Halle-friggin-leuya Versys

post #8 of 60 (permalink) Old 07-18-2011, 04:44 PM

Did this really happen? If so what did you do and what was the outcome?
post #9 of 60 (permalink) Old 07-18-2011, 04:54 PM
Super Moderator

I leave the car running and the A/C on in that situation. And it's always short trips, like what you're talking about. I never leave the dog in the car without the air. Just too damned hot.

And I realize that's not what you're asking....

post #10 of 60 (permalink) Old 07-18-2011, 05:20 PM

Garage
You are 100% in the wrong and should receive a fine.........................We all know you can't leave pets and kids in a car unattended in the heat with no AC.

Mark

Retired Eagle driver, Long Live the Eagle
post #11 of 60 (permalink) Old 07-18-2011, 05:54 PM Thread Starter

That was not the question. The question is about one citizen detaining another, under those circumstances.

Actually in my county the animal has to be in distress or being harmed. Not the potential for harm or distress, to be in violation of a county ordinance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markk9 View Post
You are 100% in the wrong and should receive a fine.........................We all know you can't leave pets and kids in a car unattended in the heat with no AC.
TBA
Quote:
Originally Posted by pegasus View Post
did this really happen? If so what did you do and what was the outcome?

Last edited by cmoreride; 07-18-2011 at 07:22 PM.
post #12 of 60 (permalink) Old 07-18-2011, 05:54 PM

[QUOTE=blipco; I'm sure they cannot detain you, prolly just a couple from the grand ole party that has seen your posts.[/QUOTE]

A typical spin by a delusional lib. Blame the accuser not the perp. I think the self righteous nosey bastards, most likely liberal know it alls, should have been charged with harrassing Ol' Cmore and his dogs. Hell they are probably pro abortion, but like PETA, ok with dead babies. Here's my buddy and I love him, he's family.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT0007.JPG
Views:	88
Size:	961.5 KB
ID:	11874  
post #13 of 60 (permalink) Old 07-18-2011, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegasus View Post
Did this really happen? If so what did you do and what was the outcome?
Well Cmore Pegasus has a legitimate question and inquiring minds want to know. Did they haul you off to the slammer, cite you or the busy bodies for interferring with your escape?
post #14 of 60 (permalink) Old 07-18-2011, 06:19 PM

Oh yeah, this thread is going places.

Mike
post #15 of 60 (permalink) Old 07-18-2011, 06:22 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
So far its covered guns, politics, animal rights, legal opinions and maybe we need a bit of religion thrown in to really get the party moving
post #16 of 60 (permalink) Old 07-18-2011, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi 41 View Post
So far its covered guns, politics, animal rights, legal opinions and maybe we need a bit of religion thrown in to really get the party moving
Now Kiwi41 I've read a few of your posts, so I know you recognize tongue in cheek comments, just as your post demonstrates in your use of it. BTW how's the boy doing in the Navy? Still excited I hope.
post #17 of 60 (permalink) Old 07-18-2011, 06:44 PM

Quote:
A typical spin by a delusional lib. Blame the accuser not the perp. I think the self righteous nosey bastards, most likely liberal know it alls, should have been charged with harrassing Ol' Cmore and his dogs. Hell they are probably pro abortion, but like PETA, ok with dead babies. Here's my buddy and I love him, he's family.
Look who chimed in, big surprise. The self righteous part seem familiar? I would have a big problem with someone getting in my face that way. I certainly wouldn't have got in the car.
post #18 of 60 (permalink) Old 07-18-2011, 06:47 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
Quote:
Now Kiwi41 I've read a few of your posts, so I know you recognize tongue in cheek comments, just as your post demonstrates in your use of it. BTW how's the boy doing in the Navy? Still excited I hope.
Hi Nick, posted a update on this thread so not to go off topic here .
http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...ad.php?t=15290
post #19 of 60 (permalink) Old 07-18-2011, 07:29 PM

need more info; location, description of detainers... but that being said I would never encounter that situation because my dog(s) wouldn't be left in a vehicle if it was 91 degrees.
post #20 of 60 (permalink) Old 07-18-2011, 07:34 PM

Wow, all I can say is, wow.........

ei

Back when I was a cop, these were one of the most difficult things to sort out.

Whatever happened to the "reasonable man standard"?

I would have told the people that they took their concern a bit too far by blocking you in. I would have listened to your explanation and would have seen that the dogs were not in distress, and sent you on your way.

The facts will usually lead you in the direction of a solution.....

I am now curious as to the outcome.

**Sold**2008 Red Versys, Algard, LSL Frame Sliders, EvoTech Radiator guard, Givi screen, Givi V35 panniers, Moto Werks handlebar riser and footpeg lowering blocks, Aprilia Tuono mirrors, Carbon Fiber FendaExtenda, Spools/Sliders front & rear
2000 DRZ440E
2003 KLX440R
2003 TTR125LE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode