made it into Malaysia - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 47 (permalink) Old 06-17-2011, 02:01 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
made it into Malaysia

Been here 12hrs, did not know if plane was going to fly due to volcanic ash cloud from Chile.

Two riders from this forum (fastoman and myred)here met us at airport very late, after 11.30pm and fed us and drove us I think about 70km to hotel.

Someone turn on the heater here as it was 28 celcius when we got off plane at 11.30pm and when we left NZ it was about 1o celcius.

Fasto is letting me use his awsome blue versys on weekend of 25/26th of June as he borrows a ninja 500 and takes me for a weekend away riding through Malaysia, this will be highlight of my trip and really looking forward to it. I am sure there will be plenty of good pictures.

My wife and me are blown away by the kindest these guys have shown us and what they have done for us, just a few of the things they have done, got two loaded sim cards for our phones (before we arrived), run us around, paid for train tickets, lent us some local money to we get our cash changed over, Francis (myred) is taking us out for a meal tonight at 7pm, Karuna or fastoman is having us stay at his house for during our 2nd week and also taking both Keri/me and his family away for a few nights to show the sights and I think one night in Thailand.

Totally blown away and shows there are good things that happen in the world full of trouble.

Watch this space

Phil

Last edited by kiwi 41; 07-07-2011 at 10:12 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 47 (permalink) Old 06-17-2011, 04:10 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Pictures, or it did not happen.
post #3 of 47 (permalink) Old 06-17-2011, 06:10 AM

Wow, now that's hospitality!
Enjoy your time away Phil, Keri!
Take your time and relax now.
Your hosts rock!
Thanks for letting us come along!

Don't Get Cabin Fever!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #4 of 47 (permalink) Old 06-17-2011, 08:22 AM

Phil, Keri and Have a Great time!
but out of town for now. Really hope to see you both. Enjoy!

My V Blog:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride safe,

post #5 of 47 (permalink) Old 06-17-2011, 03:41 PM
Super Moderator

: thumb:

post #6 of 47 (permalink) Old 06-17-2011, 04:03 PM

What wonderfull people there is in this forum!

Nobody thinks that something is so easy like who is totally unable to do it.

Kawasaki Versys 07 Orange
Ex Aprilia Pegaso 96 Blue
Ex Suzuki DR 350 91

post #7 of 47 (permalink) Old 06-17-2011, 08:36 PM

Awesome, looking forward to seeing your exploits. Bravo to Fasto and company for the hospitality.

Kawasaki KLE650 Versys Forum

post #8 of 47 (permalink) Old 06-18-2011, 12:38 AM

Friends with all these guys for a reason. I'll win the lotto one day and we all will get to meet!

Japanese scientists have created a camera with such a fast shutter speed they now can photograph a woman with her mouth shut.
post #9 of 47 (permalink) Old 06-18-2011, 09:39 AM

Fantastic

Ride em if ya got em!
post #10 of 47 (permalink) Old 06-19-2011, 03:13 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Thanks Guys and its was/is a team effort and many thanks to Francis and Steven without whom I will not be in this forum. They are wonderful guys and this forum is fill with such kind and warm hearted people.

Thanks again to you guys for making some meaning in global friendship and this forum for keeping us together.

We will keep posted on the 2 weeks or so Phil and keri are with us and looking forward to meet more forum members on the travel.

GOD BLESS ALL.

post #11 of 47 (permalink) Old 06-19-2011, 03:15 AM
Super Moderator

Here are some pictures ( sorry I opened a new thread on this)

will post more picture as they come.

post #12 of 47 (permalink) Old 06-19-2011, 09:16 AM

Garage
Very Cool.... Phil good job on keeping your eyes open in the photos.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #13 of 47 (permalink) Old 06-19-2011, 09:22 AM

Glad to have good friends to know and meet up.
Very happy to have finally met Phil and Keri.
Some pics of their wonderful time here.
They are looking forward to meet up with you, Karuna this coming friday after Singapore.

Phil and Francis

My V Blog:

Ride safe,

post #14 of 47 (permalink) Old 06-19-2011, 09:40 AM

Met up with Phil, Keri and Francis at KL Tower (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kuala_Lumpur_Tower)
Later we went to Petaling street for a good chinese dinner. Everyone enjoyed the food and it was great. Last for the day was a night sight of KL twin towers.

Some pics:

My V Blog:

Ride safe,

post #15 of 47 (permalink) Old 06-19-2011, 09:49 AM

F1 simulator...

Sampling the local beer.

Beef spring onion fry

The three amigos + Karuna aka Fastoman (soon)

Phil got me a All-Black Haka cap. Thanks, Phil.

Phil and Keri will continue their adventure in Singapore.
Then they will be back in Ipoh at Karuna's place.
Have a Great time and Thank you for a Great time!

My V Blog:

Ride safe,

post #16 of 47 (permalink) Old 06-19-2011, 04:36 PM

Got an ear to ear grin lookin' at all the pics.
Some major fun there no doubt.
Awesome post!
I'm goin' ridin'
And grinnin'.

Don't Get Cabin Fever!
post #17 of 47 (permalink) Old 06-19-2011, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bicyclebob View Post
Friends with all these guys for a reason. I'll win the lotto one day and we all will get to meet!
and. Sure hope so, yeah!

My V Blog:

Ride safe,

post #18 of 47 (permalink) Old 06-19-2011, 09:25 PM

More pics where Francis, Phil and Keri visited Batu Caves.
My first contact with Phil was at Batu caves....

Part 2 of last Sunday coming up...

My V Blog:

Ride safe,

post #19 of 47 (permalink) Old 06-19-2011, 10:38 PM

Francis is sending these pics to post.

My V Blog:

Ride safe,

post #20 of 47 (permalink) Old 06-19-2011, 10:44 PM

My V Blog:

Ride safe,

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode