Road Side assistance for QC - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-10-2011, 01:42 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Road Side assistance for QC

My insurance broker just called to tell me my previous insurer (Aviva 224$/year) does not want to renew my contract at same price and certainly without road side assistances (too many events on my case even if I never been responsible! Anyway.)

So he suggested me to go with AXA at 178$ per 2 years, which is less than half of what Aviva is offering (Am I the only one smelling something fishy?)! Anyone dealed with AXA? Is the service ok? Unfortunately the contract does not cover road side assistance.

Which road side assistance offers good service at a reasonable price that covers North America 24/7?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-10-2011, 06:12 PM

Never heard of AXA. I have State Farm. Expensive ($45/month full coverage) but I've seen nothing but quality service from them in the 13 years (and 4 accidents) I've been with them.

As for roadside, I got a free membership with ROK that gives roadside service. I've used it twice with my V so far (flat tire) and they've been great. The limit per tow is $250 which can get you quite a ways. I've heard AMA has great roadside too. ROK is $29.95/year and AMA starts at $39/year. Many places also offer discounts for AMA members.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-10-2011, 08:47 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jchristian79 View Post
Never heard of AXA. I have State Farm. Expensive ($45/month full coverage) but I've seen nothing but quality service from them in the 13 years (and 4 accidents) I've been with them.

As for roadside, I got a free membership with ROK that gives roadside service. I've used it twice with my V so far (flat tire) and they've been great. The limit per tow is $250 which can get you quite a ways. I've heard AMA has great roadside too. ROK is $29.95/year and AMA starts at $39/year. Many places also offer discounts for AMA members.
Thanks for the info on ROK. Just signed up

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-10-2011, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Thanks for the info on ROK. Just signed up
Sure thing. My dad took an advanced riders course in SoCal last Fall and part of the package was a membership to ROK (Kawi sponsored course I guess?). He rides a Goldwing so he gave me the membership. Having used it twice already, I'll definitely re-up.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-11-2011, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnedstar View Post
My insurance broker just called to tell me my previous insurer (Aviva 224$/year) does not want to renew my contract at same price and certainly without road side assistances (too many events on my case even if I never been responsible! Anyway.)

So he suggested me to go with AXA at 178$ per 2 years, which is less than half of what Aviva is offering (Am I the only one smelling something fishy?)! Anyone dealed with AXA? Is the service ok? Unfortunately the contract does not cover road side assistance.

Which road side assistance offers good service at a reasonable price that covers North America 24/7?
I have heard of AXA before. My dad used to have them insuring his truck. No problems with them... didn't know they did bikes too. I use state farm and they provide road side assistance. Now would your insurance rate go up if you use your roadside assistance? I prefer not to find out the hard way so my cell phone has road side assistance for $4 a month and covers any vehicle I am driving or riding in as long as I have my cell with me.

07 Kawasaki Versys + Farkles
MRA Vario Windscreen, Acerbis Dual Road Handgaurds + LEDs, Oxford Heated Grips, Xenon & LED Headlight, Tail Light Flasher, Moto Werk Flat Foot, Mirror Extenders & Foot Peg Lowering Blocks, Rad Gaurd, Fenda Extender, Powerbronze Rear Hugger, Stebel Nautilus Airhorn, T Rex Frame Sliders, Extended Rear Spools, Monster Energy Tank Protector, Magnitic Drain Plug, 12V Power Port, Tom Tom GPS, Xena XX14 Lock Alarm, Givi 409, 464, 449 Bags & Monokey Rack + Kappa 48L Case

Last edited by eldiablo; 06-15-2011 at 07:04 AM.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-12-2011, 10:22 PM Thread Starter

Thx for the information. Did not know kawasaki had their moto club (rok) which seems pretty interesting. Also found motorescue for canada that is a little more expensive but do not have a cap for towing below 100km.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-13-2011, 08:32 AM

Garage
I have a broker
JA Lemieux
They beat all quote I had for my bike (so far)

They were having a thing with the Qc Motorcycle Fed (QMF), and discount were given to member (which I am)

This year, the QMF decided to go with another insurer, La Capital, stayed with Lemieux because all my "other" thing are with them

Maybe you should make a call to both of these insurer

My 2 cents

LOP
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-14-2011, 12:46 PM Thread Starter

I knew something smelled fishy with actual AXA quotation (less than half the price per year of my actual insurance plan). Just exchanged with with broker and he asked a quotation for just civil responsability. That means if I have a responsible accident, I have to pay for damages!

I can't believe he proposed me this insurance plan without telling me I was not 100% covered!!
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-14-2011, 05:51 PM

I couldn't tell if the OP post was for US or Canada.
anyway, for the states, AAA has an optional rider for motorcycle road assistance.

For any insurance company you can get a rating (AM Best?) and I would not go with one that had less than an 'A' rating. Many are AA and AAA rated. Has to do with their financial solvency.

When I renewed last time I got an upgraded insurer for a lesser rate by going thru my broker. Progressive was more than double. I'm at about $350 a year for full coverage. Funny, same premium as coverage for our RV at more than ten times the value of the bike. Rip-offs.

Chris Brown
In SoCal
2009 V - custom black-on-black - SOLD
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-14-2011, 11:46 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
FWIW, the God Sam Club has roadside assistance for RVs that will include ANY vehicle you own including m'cycles. I used it once when my pickup brokedown while hunting in -40C weather, out in the "Forestry" in Alberta. I used my quad to ride out (25 miles) and called for assistance. They sent out a tilting flat-bed truck the next day, recovered the truck and then towed it about 150 miles to my mechanic in the town I lived in. Driver said it would have been a $600 tow WITHOUT Good Sam!

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-15-2011, 06:05 AM

In QC, i found that La Capital and Jevco have the best rate for motorcycles and Jevco was thebbetter one for me.
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-15-2011, 07:45 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by actar911 View Post
in qc, i found that la capital and jevco have the best rate for motorcycles and jevco was thebbetter one for me.
+1

lop
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-15-2011, 08:52 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by actar911 View Post
In QC, i found that La Capital and Jevco have the best rate for motorcycles and Jevco was thebbetter one for me.
Asked my broker to get a quote from them. Will see. Thx for the info!
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-15-2011, 10:51 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Asked my broker to get a quote from them. Will see. Thx for the info!
Jevco: 265/year 100% covered with road assist.
La Capital does not do business with brokers and apparently no road assist, but I have not called them, so can't tell.

Jevco seems to suit exactly what I need so will go with them.

It's great to have a broker, he did most of the hard work for me, all that by email while at work and also great to have information from poeple on the forum thx!

Last edited by burnedstar; 06-15-2011 at 11:08 AM.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-16-2011, 09:09 AM

Garage
Quote:
Jevco: 265/year 100% covered with road assist.
La Capital does not do business with brokers and apparently no road assist, but I have not called them, so can't tell.

Jevco seems to suit exactly what I need so will go with them.

It's great to have a broker, he did most of the hard work for me, all that by email while at work and also great to have information from poeple on the forum thx!
How much more $$$ for the road side assist ?

'cause my quote is less than $200 this year (around $180 or 190 some)

LOP
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-16-2011, 12:27 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lours_Polaire View Post
How much more $$$ for the road side assist ?

'cause my quote is less than $200 this year (around $180 or 190 some)

LOP
I can't tell exactly but if I compare with AXA that was not offering road assist, its about 50$. Note that the quote 265$ is tax in. So that would be 230$-50$

Before tax and road assist = 180$/year
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode