Potts Mtn Va 311N - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-09-2011, 09:23 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Potts Mtn Va 311N

a quickie (FJR)...:dragon:

Montani Semper Liberi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-09-2011, 09:51 PM

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2008 Versys-sold
2016 Yamaha FJ-09
1988 Honda Hawk GT NT650

Truth
It is more important now than ever.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-10-2011, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spklbuk View Post
a quickie (FJR)...:dragon:
I ride it several times a year. I assume you stop at the swinging bridge restaurant? Potts mountain is about an hour from me. Nice ride.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-10-2011, 07:15 AM
Rik

Give Va. SR700 and back down SR 613 a try... or vice versa. Very nice twisties! stop at the top and enjoy the Mountain Lake Hotel for a cool drink. If you don't mind "gravel travel" head on past the hotel at the top on the historical "Salt Sulphur Turnpike" which takes you over to Big Stoney Creek and back to the Tarmac. If you choose to take that challenge, please wave hello to my tree farm on the left just before the climb to Baileys Gap. You can stop at my cabin sit on the porch and enjoy the meadow and headwaters of the little stoney....not hard to find it is the only "homeplace" for miles ENJOY
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-10-2011, 08:11 AM Thread Starter

@ Ziggy...thanks mang. The other 2 gentlemen can attest that a spirited run up Potts will have you thinking of mortality...thus Bro. John Cash, RIP, providin' the tune!

@ Capn Kirk...yep, 'bout an hour for me too from the opposite direction and the Swinging Bridge is a definite on the buffalo burgers, though we usually pass on the prices. Try the Eagle's Nest on over at Crows sometime...pack yer wallet thick there too.

@Rik...I've ridden the Versys and formerly a KLR all thru there. Will pay more attention and my just well have a picnic on your porch sometime. Thank ye.

You fellers do realize that if we weren't all like herding cats that we would meet in that neighborhood and ride sometime don'tcha? Not even Ziggy is too far away.

Montani Semper Liberi
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-10-2011, 08:26 AM Thread Starter

A few more pics. VA 600s on the Versys.

Montani Semper Liberi
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-10-2011, 08:39 AM
Rik

"Back Acres" Mountain Lake Virginia

You are more than welcome sir! I've not been up there in over 10 years due to many factors....mostly work... much travel, a few health issues..and basic financial survival. Some friends down in Newport keep an eye on the place and weekend up there from time to time. Back in the early 90's when I was younger and healthier I lived up there totally "off the grid". My only mode of transpo was a clapped out 76 550 four Honda I outfitted as a primitive dirt bike with big knobbies and insanely huge "heating duct" homemade panniers for food and laundry runs in to Blacksburg. I'd love to run those roads on my Versys someday if I can hang on to it! Good memories indeed....it was a simple life
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode