Massachusetts tornados - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-03-2011, 09:00 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Massachusetts tornados

On wednesday tornados hit areas of central mass, and there are 2 of our forum members that live in towns hit by these twisters that I know of. Bones in wilbraham, and redline in brimfield. I have sent them both PM's to see if they were okay, but haven't heard from them. I am hoping it is due to power outages that they haven't responded. I have redlines cell# and sent him a text this morning, but still haven't heard from him. I am sure things in those towns are kaotic and hope they are okay. My daughter also lives in one of the towns hit, monson, and fortunitly the part of town she lives in wasn't hit, and she is okay.
Here are some pictures from monson that I could get, there are other areas I couldn't get pictures of that were much worse, pics taken with cell phone.

Hope to hear from redline and bones soon.

Those who say money can't buy happines haven't bought A VERSYS.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-03-2011, 09:15 PM

We had one touch down here in Schuylkill County, Pa. last Thursday. Very rare around here. It covered an 18 mile stretch, bouncing up and down. started about 6 miles from my house. We were without electric for two days, many others went without for 4-5 days.

I spent the weekend and a few nights this week clearing a guys yard, (sorta looked like your first picture with a house in the middle), full of huge trees taken down by the twister. I cut and hauled about 10 cords of firewood so far. It's just amazing the power of these things, and this was only an F1.

Hope all is well up there in Mass.

Mike
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-03-2011, 09:28 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
If you haven't been through something like that. Its hard to put into words. lived in S.Carolina when Hurricane Hugo hit lost 99 out of 200 pine trees in my yard. While your going through it the feeling of total helplessness is undescribable. Then to have to take in all of the devastation is overwhelming.

God Bless All Affected.

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-03-2011, 09:34 PM

I'm good, John, and my family is OK as well. Thanks for thinking of us. Lost power for a day and a half, yard's a mess but no damage to speak of. Ping pong ball hail. A mile down the road houses are wrecked and giant trees laid to waste. The twister was on the ground for 30 miles heading east, which makes it really hard to go north and south without finding yourself on a road that's impassable.

I heard from redline, he's OK, family OK, house OK.

Some amazing photos here: http://photos.masslive.com/republica...uction_44.html

amateur videos at www.masslive.com

[SIZE="1"]Ride. Good.

2003 ST1300ABS
2008 Versys
IBA 59868

Last edited by Bones; 06-03-2011 at 10:27 PM.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-03-2011, 09:35 PM

I have a friend in the Farmington area. I guess it was one hell of a light show.
Very rare for that part of the country.

I am not sure who pissed off Al Gore. But I wish someone would pay him for the internet and maybe this weather around the country would settle down.

Good thoughts for all those affected.

Ride em if ya got em!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-03-2011, 09:47 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones View Post
I'm good, John, and my family is OK as well. Thanks for thinking of us. Lost power for a day and a half, yard's a mess but no damage to speak of. Ping pong ball hail. A mile down the road houses are wrecked and giant trees laid to waste. The twister was on the ground for 30 miles heading east, which makes it really hard to go north and south without finding yourself on a road that's impassable.

I heard from redline, he's OK, family OK, house OK.
Thanks Bones, glad you and redline are okay.
I am glad I did not have to experiance this first hand. This is a very rare event for this part of the country so it is the first time I have seen this kind of devistation other than on tv. My heart goes out to all the people in tornado alley, and to where this kind of thing happens a lot more frequent.

Those who say money can't buy happines haven't bought A VERSYS.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode