Don't mess with the Marines - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-24-2011, 12:53 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Don't mess with the Marines

Deleted by poster.

Japanese scientists have created a camera with such a fast shutter speed they now can photograph a woman with her mouth shut.

Last edited by Bicyclebob; 05-25-2011 at 11:40 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-24-2011, 04:11 AM

Last edited by Ivan V; 05-24-2011 at 02:22 PM.
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-24-2011, 05:09 AM

LMAO!

Montani Semper Liberi
post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-24-2011, 05:09 AM

Gotta love our Marines!
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-24-2011, 08:23 AM

Heh I saw that on my gaming clan's forums. Still funny everytime.

1982 Honda CB450SC Nighthawk
2009 Green Versys
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-24-2011, 09:53 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Just had a visit with a friend who's a retired policeman from Edmonton, and we got talking about some of the times when the soldiers there were in fights with local hoods. The soldiers were, variously, the Canadian Airborne Regt, the PPCLI, and the Van Doos. When the calls came in, there was always a reason to NOT arrive for 30 minutes or so, at which time the hoods had learned a "life lesson" or two!

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-24-2011, 10:52 AM

living in columbus ga my whole life, next to fort benning, ga.... we would have the opposite experience.

Probably because Ft. Benning is the largest base in the US for new army recruits so we always got the roid'd up douches that wanted to start fights at bars and impregnate everything that walked. The whole time I lived there, you had police for the civilians and MP's to courtmarshal the GI's and they would basically travel together because the instances where so plentiful.

I am sure the marines are more refined, and a lot less annoying.

1997 KLR 650
2011 Halle-friggin-leuya Versys

post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-24-2011, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMF View Post
living in columbus ga my whole life, next to fort benning, ga.... we would have the opposite experience.

Probably because Ft. Benning is the largest base in the US for new army recruits so we always got the roid'd up douches that wanted to start fights at bars and impregnate everything that walked. The whole time I lived there, you had police for the civilians and MP's to courtmarshal the GI's and they would basically travel together because the instances where so plentiful.

I am sure the marines are more refined, and a lot less annoying.
What does "roid'd" up mean?

Should I remind that Benning trains 120,000 Troops a year? What did you see? One or two fight a month? a week? or maybe a year? Any "FORT TOWN" sees the same issues ...

I spent 2 years at Benning with several very good soldiers to come out of there ... By the way, the size you get is not from roids, it's the grueling PT you do from sun up until sun down that makes you bigger. If you can stand anywhere between a 2 and 5 mile run at 4am, an hour of superset PT and roughly 1,000 to 1,500 push-ups a day, along with learning how to become a soldier in mind, body and technical training, on 3 to 5 hours of sleep average, I would not judge them as you do. Maybe a few make it look bad for the rest, but the rest would have stepped-up as the Marines did given the same circumstances. Steroids? in boot camp? please.

Our COUNTRY has had it's share of "impregnating" ... Look at the city of Bangkok ... Goes with the territory unfortunately ... Military was there, did that, (Marines, ARMY) now our civilians are carrying it on ... Branch has ZERO to do with it ... Those "douches" protect you day and night, and would give their life for any american at the drop of a hat ... Don't forget that that's what motivates them at BENNING or anywhere else ... Protecting YOU

2008 Suzuki B-King ABS (smithabusa interface, ecuEditor, Reflashed/DeLimited, Scorpion Exhaust)
2011 V-Star 950 Touring Candy Red
2008 Kawi Brute Force 650 (HMF Full Exhaust, Twin-Air Kit, Dyna Ignition, My Jetting, and a few FST Parts

2008 Honda TRX250EX White(rejetted with UNI filter) fer the kid

Last edited by dezertv; 05-24-2011 at 02:04 PM.
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-24-2011, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezertv View Post
What does "roid'd" up mean?

Should I remind that Benning trains 120,000 Troops a year? What did you see? One or two fight a month? a week? or maybe a year? Any "FORT TOWN" sees the same issues ...

I spent 2 years at Benning with several very good soldiers to come out of there ... By the way, the size you get is not from roids, it's the grueling PT you do from sun up until sun down that makes you bigger. If you can stand anywhere between a 2 and 5 mile run at 4am, an hour of superset PT and roughly 1,000 to 1,500 push-ups a day, along with learning how to become a soldier in mind, body and technical training, on 3 to 5 hours of sleep average, I would not judge them as you do. Maybe a few make it look bad for the rest, but the rest would have stepped-up as the Marines did given the same circumstances. Steroids? in boot camp? please.

Our COUNTRY has had it's share of "impregnating" ... Look at the city of Bangkok ... Goes with the territory unfortunately ... Military was there, did that, (Marines, ARMY) now our civilians are carrying it on ... Branch has ZERO to do with it ... Those "douches" protect you day and night, and would give their life for any american at the drop of a hat ... Don't forget that that's what motivates them at BENNING or anywhere else ... Protecting YOU
Thanks for spending 2 years in a town that I grew up in a lived in for 25.

Your opinion is a very biased one because you were inside the base. You obviously don't know about the things that go on outside the base, ie. rapes cause by E1's, assualts and batteries by E1's, robberies by E1's.
My overall point was that, like you stated, Ft. Benning brings in a crap ton of newbies (E1's) and they have not been through basic yet. Those 17 yr old guys are not someone that I would let my daughter go on a date with, lets just put it that way. Now when they have gone through basic and learned discipline, thats different, but that wasnt my point.

Don't be so proud of yourself to think that anyone else can't do PT. I used to take a boyscout group out the rangers PT course and every single one of those lil kids could do the courses. This isnt a jackoff contest, calm down.

btw- capitalizing key words just makes people think that you are probably related to Glen Beck and watch Fox news and you feed off of the same BS that they use.

I am going to resist all the incorrect things you just blasted off, and let this thread stay on track.

1997 KLR 650

post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-24-2011, 03:23 PM

2 years has nothing to do with it ... You blasted the branch of the ARMY because you lived in Columbus, GA. And you saw a portion of the recruits do mis-deeds. If you re-read your post, you surmised Marines were better mannered. My point in illustration, was that you shouldn't judge the whole branch because of some misguided E1's as you put it. I don't disagree with you, but the fact you say ARMY douches at Benning ...

Have you spent time in the Military? If you did, you would not compare Boy Scouts to Army Infantry Trained Soldiers. This shows your ignorance. You down-play the Fort, and you down play the training. This is obvious you have not experienced anything but the bad apples that you speak of.

You are entitled to your opinion, and I am entitled to defend my brothers if someone spouts off the things you have ... I spent 10 yrs in ARMY Infantry

2008 Suzuki B-King ABS (smithabusa interface, ecuEditor, Reflashed/DeLimited, Scorpion Exhaust)
2011 V-Star 950 Touring Candy Red
2008 Kawi Brute Force 650 (HMF Full Exhaust, Twin-Air Kit, Dyna Ignition, My Jetting, and a few FST Parts

2008 Honda TRX250EX White(rejetted with UNI filter) fer the kid
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-24-2011, 03:46 PM

Maybe your military training didnt teach you how to have an open mind and let other people have differing opinions.

What i said was "Probably because Ft. Benning is the largest base in the US for new army recruits so we always got the roid'd up douches that wanted to start fights at bars and impregnate everything that walked."

So lets go on a 3rd grade reading lesson:
the 1st statement is that Ft. Benning is the largest US Army base.
the 2nd statement was that because of this, we (columbus) encountered a lot of douchy roid'd up honry new recruits

No where in that statement did I say that the entire branch of the US Army is made up of douches and/or bad guys.

That would be like disecting "i encountered a lot of very questionable people because I live right next to a prison" and getting... "i think everyone in prison is a horrible person"

What I did encounter while living there for so long was people like you, that were so eager to fight rather then listen, that they got themselves in trouble.

Let me paint a picture for others, so they can imagine what it was like:
  • Go to a local coffee shop, there is a table full of rangers cussing for everyone there to here them.
  • Go to a movie, there are tons of E1's with under age girls.
  • Go to a club, you can not move in there because of all the GI's stairing holes through every girl that can breathe.
  • Go to a bar, some GI just started another fight and the MP's have to take him back to base again.
  • Go to a concert, one GI gets pushed and calls his 15 buddies to go beat the **** out of one kid.
  • Read the newspaper, another one of your friends was statutory raped by an E1.
  • Go down to victory drive (where Ft.Benning's front gate is) and it is littered with strip clubs and violence

granted, i did make friends with tons of enlisted men and women. They were all very dignified people that held respect for one another above all else.
Those are not the people that we are talking about though.

just so you know: I do appreciate your 10 yrs of service

1997 KLR 650

Last edited by BAMF; 05-24-2011 at 03:48 PM.
post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-24-2011, 04:13 PM

http://www.snopes.com/politics/milit...bbedmarine.asp

Still though, I have the utmost respect for anyone in the military. I have many friends and family members in all branches (Army, Navy, Air Force and Marines) and wouldn't mess with any of them!
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-24-2011, 04:39 PM

I appreciate the clarification. But your post as written came off cavalier and did exactly what you said you didn't mean. Cool were good there. This can get into a moral discussion over youngsters in military. I was an E1 and went to benning in 87 when I was 17. I was within the age group you talk about. But I am from another generation. We were actually laid hands on and taught lessons while I was in. (meaning they laid hands on us and used other methods with uniform parts to strike us, and used the hand to hand combat lesson to teach us one on one) other than their fists lol. The kids now get time out chits. I take a lot of pride in that time. When I was there E1s were not allowed passes off post.maybe things have changed. Obviously military culture is not as glorious as media or govt would like people to believe. That's where the moral discussion gets into that I would rather not indulge. I apologize for the riff Raff you have experienced. It is not my recollection of benning.

Last edited by dezertv; 05-24-2011 at 06:13 PM.
post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-24-2011, 05:15 PM

I miss being in the marines sometime. ooh rah 1371 bit**es!!
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-24-2011, 07:07 PM

I think BAMF should have dezertv over for a good cup of Lilac Tea and you two could discuss your cultural differences and find some common ground. Oh, I forgot you both like Versys cycles.
post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-24-2011, 07:47 PM Thread Starter

Deleted

Japanese scientists have created a camera with such a fast shutter speed they now can photograph a woman with her mouth shut.

Last edited by Bicyclebob; 05-25-2011 at 11:42 PM.
post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-24-2011, 09:56 PM

Hey Bicyclebob, I sure got a hoot out of the posted clipping and I want to thank you for sharing it with us.

On a side note, I need to remind myself from time to time that there is way too much crap going on in the world and my bad attitude (if I woke up on the wrong side of the bed one day) doesn't need to make this crazy world worse. Just a suggestion...

Life without GOD is like an unsharpened pencil...........
It has NO point
post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-24-2011, 10:51 PM

Army recruits behaving badly, Marines beating up people (that deserve it). I can only wonder what can be said about sailors.

That's why I joined the Air Force.
post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-24-2011, 11:13 PM Thread Starter

Talking

Deleted

Last edited by Bicyclebob; 05-25-2011 at 11:41 PM.
post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-24-2011, 11:30 PM

Talking What Navy was that???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bicyclebob View Post
Sailors are the most clean cut, honorable, nearly saint like members of the military.
I must have missed seeing your Navy!
The guys I knew had to be hauled out of bars and gutters so that we could return to base before curfew!

“Don’t bother me with DETAILS!”
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode