May 21, 2011 Is Judgment Day; - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-20-2011, 09:05 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
May 21, 2011 Is Judgment Day;

Nice knowing you folks

Now that I think about it, anybody who will not be needing their bikes
want to sell it to me cheap?

Is this world wide Judgement Day or just America?
Is this in the foreign press?
What timezone is Judgement Day based on?

"Respect the Ride if you don't you Won't"
"A man's got to know his limitations"

Last edited by cmoreride; 05-21-2011 at 12:52 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-20-2011, 09:22 PM

How embarrassing. I'm a Christian and I don't want to be associated with these kooks. They make the rest of us look bad. I'll supply the eggs that'll be on their faces May 22!

As seen on the peopleofwalmart.com website:

Click image for larger version

Name:	end.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	88.8 KB
ID:	11196

"Have you heard the good news? Some custom car shop is gonna make a ton of money repainting your RV on Sunday."

Life without GOD is like an unsharpened pencil...........
It has NO point

Last edited by miblue; 05-20-2011 at 09:52 PM.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-20-2011, 11:10 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
Can any one tell me the exact time it is going to happen, Its 4.08pm here and was wondering if its worth cooking the evening meal, I am a Christian to but just laugh at crack pots because they are nuts.
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-20-2011, 11:59 PM

Ok, I can't help myself and find I must "share" this one with all of you. I got this in an email yesterday:

ARKANSAS CITY (UPI) -- A Little Rock woman was killed yesterday after leaping through her moving car's sun roof during an incident best described as "a mistaken rapture" by dozens of eyewitnesses. Thirteen other people were injured after a twenty-car pile up resulted from people trying to avoid hitting the woman who was apparently convinced that the rapture was occurring when she saw twelve people floating up into the air, and then passed a man on the side of the road who she claimed was Jesus. "She started screaming "He's back, He's back" and climbed right out off the sunroof and jumped off the roof of the car," said Everet Williams, husband of 28-year-old Georgann Williams who was pronounced dead at the scene. "I was slowing down but she wouldn't wait till I stopped," Williams said. She thought the rapture was happening and was convinced that Jesus wasgonna lift her up into the sky," he went on to say. "This is the strangest thing I've seen since I've been on the force," said Paul Madison, first officer on the scene. Madison questioned the man who looked like Jesus and discovered that he was dressed up as Jesus and was on his way to a toga costume party when the tarp covering the bed of his pickup truck came loose and released twelve blow up sex dolls filled with helium which floated up into the air. Ernie Jenkins, 32, of Fort Smith, who's been told by several of his Friends that he looks like Jesus, pulled over and lifted his arms into the air in frustration, and said "Come back here," just as the Williams'' car passed him, and Mrs. Williams was sure that it was Jesus lifting people up into the sky as they passed by him, according to her husband, who says his wife loved Jesus more than anything else. When asked for comments about the twelve sex dolls, Jenkins replied, "This is all just too weird for me. I ever expected anything like this to happen."

It's obviously a made up story and snopes.com confirms it as fake. I had a big laugh about it. LOL, do I have a warped sense of humor or what?

It has NO point
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-21-2011, 01:00 AM Thread Starter

Weird Yes,
But is it any more weird than painting RVs and standing on the streets trying to convince people that the end is May 21nd?
Or any more weird than sending money to this group/man who is worth $72million?
Or any more weird than believing that the laws of physics, biology or cosmology can be broken or don't apply when a supernatural "being" intervenes?
Any more weird when it leads us to respect and “cherish the idea that certain fantastic propositions can be believed without evidence”.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miblue View Post
Ok, I can't help myself and find I must "share" this one with all of you. I got this in an email yesterday:
It's obviously a made up story and snopes.com confirms it as fake. I had a big laugh about it. LOL, do I have a warped sense of humor or what?

Last edited by cmoreride; 05-21-2011 at 01:13 AM.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-21-2011, 01:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmoreride View Post
Weird Yes,
But is it any more weird than painting RVs and standing on the streets trying to convince people that the end is May 21nd?
Or any more weird than sending money to this group/man who is worth $72million?
Or any more weird than believing that the laws of physics, biology or cosmology can be broken or don't apply when a supernatural "being" intervenes?
Any more weird when it leads us to respect and “cherish the idea that certain fantastic propositions can be believed without evidence”.
There's gonna be a lot of disappointed people come 6pm today. How are they gonna make sense out of how they spent their lives this last year travelling all over warning about the coming of the end, then it does not even bother to arrive.

Speaking of which, they said 6pm May 21st, 2011 but I guess forgot to mention if it's GMT, EST, Central time or Mountain Time or Middle East Time.

The May 22nd follow up interview of the Paster shown in the second youtube link should be interesting.

Last edited by Sprocket; 05-21-2011 at 02:03 AM.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-21-2011, 02:00 AM

Ding!
Midnight and i'm still here!

Japanese scientists have created a camera with such a fast shutter speed they now can photograph a woman with her mouth shut.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-21-2011, 02:35 AM
Super Moderator

Just got back from work and its 7.30pm here, due to no world ending disaster i am going to have somthing to eat and a red wine and celebrate being still alive.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-21-2011, 02:36 AM

Cheers Mate!

Japanese scientists have created a camera with such a fast shutter speed they now can photograph a woman with her mouth shut.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-21-2011, 06:05 AM
Super Moderator

One hr to go on the end of the world day, 21 of May, off to bed now so can someone wake me up if it happens, cheers.
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-21-2011, 06:56 AM

Kiw1 41, I like your sense of humor. We're all still here.
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-21-2011, 11:10 AM

just more proof that we're ONLY the smartest monkey!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Aerodynamically sound since 1959. So says the good folk @ Lockheed, Atlanta GA.
The KLE 650 VERSYS: It can't replace the Love of a good woman but...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Bike is my solitude amongst the multitudes

"Wounds heal, chicks dig scars...Glory, lasts forever!"
TRUE PATRIOTS QUESTION EVERYTHING
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-21-2011, 05:19 PM

I just felt something float from my 4th point of contact ... Does that count?

2008 Suzuki B-King ABS (smithabusa interface, ecuEditor, Reflashed/DeLimited, Scorpion Exhaust)
2011 V-Star 950 Touring Candy Red
2008 Kawi Brute Force 650 (HMF Full Exhaust, Twin-Air Kit, Dyna Ignition, My Jetting, and a few FST Parts

2008 Honda TRX250EX White(rejetted with UNI filter) fer the kid
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-21-2011, 07:23 PM

Today I gathered together a pair of pants, a T-shirt, a jacket, a pair of shoes and socks, a hat and a Bible. I then took these items and arranged them in a “I was just sucked up into heaven” pose on a sidewalk. The sidewalk I picked was a rather busy sidewalk leading to the Saturday Farmers Market in Corvallis, Oregon.

Once I had everything arranged on the sidewalk I then retreated to a stealthy hiding place to watch the reactions (well, actually, I simply sat in my truck about 20 feet away). And there I sat for about two hours.

Within those two hours I’d estimate that 250 people walked by (I stopped counting at 75 after about 30 minutes). I’d say that roughly ½ of the people who walked by either didn’t notice my scene, or thought it was just a pile of discarded clothes, or simply ignored it (a few people even walked directly on it.)

Another ¼ of the people quickly “got the joke”, smiled and went on their way. And much to my glee, the remaining ¼ of the people stopped, laughed, and discussed the scene, with many taking photos.

During my time at the scene I only overheard two negative responses. One woman looked at the scene in disgust and said “This is so tacky!”, while a man a short time later said “Someone needs to get a life.” (I must admit, that one rather stung. Although, he was walking with his wife while wearing a papoose with their baby in it. While I’m sure such behavior might seem “paternal and sensitive” to many women, when guys see such a thing they think.......well, I’ll just leave it there for now......)

Two people also rearranged my scene. The first was a gentleman who thought he would ‘improve’ the scene by standing the bible on end (I promptly restored the scene by laying it back down). Later, a young boy thought it would be funny to put the shoes at the ends of the coat sleeves (I must admit I did find that funny, but I quickly restored the scene again).

The most interesting thing that happened was when a woman riffled through all of the pockets looking for valuables. (I purposely put a small cardboard box in the back pants pocket, simulating a stuffed wallet). This, while her husband/boyfriend “stood guard”.

All and all I had fun doing this. And additionally, I find myself feeling good that I was able to amuse and entertain many people today.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT0088.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	589.6 KB
ID:	11210   Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT0062.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	434.5 KB
ID:	11211   Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT0078.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	413.0 KB
ID:	11212   Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT0083.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	417.0 KB
ID:	11213   Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT0094.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	501.5 KB
ID:	11214  

post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-21-2011, 08:23 PM

WOW ... just shows you the cross-section of people that happened by ... some cursed you, some didn't even notice, some stepped on your stuff, and one tried to rip you off ... and we wonder why so many think the end is near ... sheesh ...

2008 Suzuki B-King ABS (smithabusa interface, ecuEditor, Reflashed/DeLimited, Scorpion Exhaust)
2011 V-Star 950 Touring Candy Red
2008 Kawi Brute Force 650 (HMF Full Exhaust, Twin-Air Kit, Dyna Ignition, My Jetting, and a few FST Parts

2008 Honda TRX250EX White(rejetted with UNI filter) fer the kid
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-22-2011, 12:26 AM

I found out today that these people spent multiple millions on spreading their nonsense to not only every corner of the USA, but to numerous other countries and erecting doomsday billboards there too. Oh good, something new for the rest of the world to view Americans as loons.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011...ping-end-world

I need to ask these questions: What if they had used their influence and funding for feeding/clothing the poor or some other worthy endeavor and helping their fellow man instead? What would the world be like today if they had? How sad and what a waste of time, effort, and money.

It has NO point

Last edited by miblue; 05-22-2011 at 12:59 AM.
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-22-2011, 06:12 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ko0616 View Post
Kiw1 41, I like your sense of humor. We're all still here.
Thank's, now we need to move on to the 2012 end of the world doom and gloom
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-22-2011, 11:44 AM Thread Starter

< When Doomsday Isn't, Believers Struggle to Cope >

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode