My funny little story - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-09-2011, 11:08 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
My funny little story

Have a pretty good work schedule as I work 4 on 4 off at 12 hr shifts, 2 days followed by 2 nights, 4 day off gives plenty of ride time.

Anyway on my last night I get a ring from my wife around 5am at work telling me I am going to spew when i get home. At 6pm the night before we had a massive dump of rain in a short space of time that washed out a farm gate to half doz cattle on a farm around 3 miles away. In the small hrs the were wondering on the highway that my drive runs into and the police decided to push them up this driveway and into a branch off drive that leads to my small 3 acre and my neighbors 4 acre block by shutting a gate behind the cattle but the dopey cops did not realize that two houses were up and around the corner and they did not check. We do have two good deer gates at our house but are always open so my wife got a ring from the owner from a neighbor of what the police had done so she is running around chasing them off her vegetable garden and more importantly my lawn which I paid $4000.00 to have done 15 months ago and am very anal about damage to the lawn and yes I do have a issue.
As soon as my wife got off the phone at 5am I rang the local police station and asked when the police will be up to start work on their working bee at my place. On Monday I went down to the station and just by chance the top cop in our region was doing something at the counter so let him have my sad story and all he said was some of the young city cops no nothing about shutting gates as there were gates all around our drive that lead into paddock and in fact when i arrived home it took me less than a minute to put them in the neighbors paddock as they were very friendly cattle. He also said it is ultimately the owner of the cattle responsibility and that is true but they did not even check the other end of the drive as could of gone back to a road for all they knew, my drive is 650 metres long.

Last edited by kiwi 41; 05-09-2011 at 11:47 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-10-2011, 01:09 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
I think i would be eating alot of beef if it was me.

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-10-2011, 02:28 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

I did consider getting my rifle out but would of got into a bit of trouble if I put a 270 round through a beasts head.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-10-2011, 03:49 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Looks like the Police cant even handle the cattle's...:

Sorry on spoilt garden/veg.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-10-2011, 01:51 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastoman View Post
Looks like the Police cant even handle the cattle's...:

Sorry on spoilt garden/veg.

Sheep are more thier thing.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-10-2011, 05:19 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Sheep are more thier thing.
Very funny
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode