Change Of Plans - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-04-2011, 10:38 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Change Of Plans

Was going to fly into D/FW from Puerto Rico the first of june then riding the V out to California a week later. But will be flying into D/FW this sunday for a job interview i've been waiting on since october. So depending on the out come on monday i might be in texas alittle while or heading to cali sooner. So once i find out more details i see a meet up for the d/fw guys hopefully.

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-04-2011, 10:47 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Good Luck with the interview!

**Sold**2008 Red Versys, Algard, LSL Frame Sliders, EvoTech Radiator guard, Givi screen, Givi V35 panniers, Moto Werks handlebar riser and footpeg lowering blocks, Aprilia Tuono mirrors, Carbon Fiber FendaExtenda, Spools/Sliders front & rear
2000 DRZ440E
2003 KLX440R
2003 TTR125LE
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-04-2011, 10:49 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
You mean like a regular job where you have a boss and work 9 to 5 Joseph
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-04-2011, 11:03 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi 41 View Post
You mean like a regular job where you have a boss and work 9 to 5 Joseph

Well kinda.Will have a boss but no 9 to 5. Its working on oil and gas drilling rigs as an MWD (measurement while drilling) basically you set up the measuring device on the end of the drill and babysit it being on a computer the whole time 12 hours shifts but theres housing at the rigs so you could be on for weeks or months at a time. Could wind up in texas, oklahoma,louisana,pennsylvania or south or north dakota can't remember which one. My brother has been working there since december and really enjoys it. He's down in Bears neck of the woods

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-04-2011, 11:05 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by zgfiredude View Post
Good Luck with the interview!

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-04-2011, 11:21 PM

I have a friend doing that up in ND.

**Sold**2008 Red Versys, Algard, LSL Frame Sliders, EvoTech Radiator guard, Givi screen, Givi V35 panniers, Moto Werks handlebar riser and footpeg lowering blocks, Aprilia Tuono mirrors, Carbon Fiber FendaExtenda, Spools/Sliders front & rear
2000 DRZ440E
2003 KLX440R
2003 TTR125LE
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-05-2011, 07:10 AM

Weljo2001,

If MWD field work is something your interested in I might be able to help you out. I work for a Directional/MWD company as both a field hand and shop tech. We are currently hiring and growing fast. If your interested in more information shoot me an email at [email protected]

Oh.. and were based out of Houston and do work all over Texas.

Layne Beasley
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-05-2011, 07:52 PM

Good Luck!

Be sure to give a little lead time as to when and where this get together may be.

Ride em if ya got em!
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-05-2011, 08:41 PM

Garage
Good luck on the interview weljo!

If you are still going to ride through the Land of Enchantment I will be happy to buy you a green chile cheeseburger.

Paul
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-05-2011, 09:44 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by LJBeasley View Post
Weljo2001,

If MWD field work is something your interested in I might be able to help you out. I work for a Directional/MWD company as both a field hand and shop tech. We are currently hiring and growing fast. If your interested in more information shoot me an email at [email protected]

Oh.. and were based out of Houston and do work all over Texas.
Thanks Lane

Just might take you up on that. I will know more monday afternoon.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-05-2011, 09:49 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinner View Post
Good Luck!

Be sure to give a little lead time as to when and where this get together may be.
Will do if possible if things go well i'll have to haul butt to cali. I have an basically new nissan xterra thats paid for just sitting there and i'll be required to get a truck or suv. So since the little womans sons isn't driving my xterra because of gas prices i'll put it to use or just buy a pick up in texas.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-05-2011, 09:50 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mursili View Post
Good luck on the interview weljo!

If you are still going to ride through the Land of Enchantment I will be happy to buy you a green chile cheeseburger.

Paul

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-08-2011, 07:53 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Flew in today got into ft.worth about 1:15. My best friend pick me up and we went to uncle julios mexican eatery man was it good. Just put the bike master gel battery in was alittle pain the post where you hook the battery cables has a little plastic point to put the nut on and the bolts are a little short with the plastic point the nut wouldn't stay level so i broke off the point stuff some styrofoam under the post put the nut in and ws able to get the bolt to catch that way.the bike fired right up took it for a little spin felt real good haven't been on it since october. coming into the drive way i almost dropped it a little rust on my part and really tired only had 4 hours sleep since friday. so parked it and will get a good night sleep then maybe put on the algard engine guard in the morning. so my project for tonight is to go throught all the stuff i ordered since i've been gone.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

Last edited by weljo2001; 05-08-2011 at 08:10 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode