We had good news - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 46 (permalink) Old 05-03-2011, 06:59 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
We had good news

This is a bike forum but also met a great bunch of people so thought i would share our good news.

My Youngest son Jayden has just been accepted in the Royal NZ Navy as a chef and he leave for 3 month training on the 29th of may. This is not that easy here as due to our limited military and resources there are only so many positions available so it is a honour to be accepted as they have very strict grading on points system to get in and Jayden missed out by one point in the Feb intake. He is off to his school tomorrow to say hes leaving and give his notice at his after school job.

It is a bitter sweet thing for my wife Keri and myself as we are extremely proud but will also miss him as we are really close but good news no kids now must be time for me to get that Z1000 and see the world.

Cheers to all you out there as i wanted to tell someone

Phil and Mrs Kiwi 41 (Keri)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 46 (permalink) Old 05-03-2011, 07:08 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Well done to the lad..........

I'm sure you are very proud.

Good luck exploring the infinite abyss
post #3 of 46 (permalink) Old 05-03-2011, 07:41 AM

Congrats Phil!

~~ Live Like You're Dying ~~
post #4 of 46 (permalink) Old 05-03-2011, 07:41 AM

Talking good for him

its a great feeling to see our kids get ahead in the world today..i hope and pray he does well and makes you proud!...good luck young man..
post #5 of 46 (permalink) Old 05-03-2011, 07:54 AM

Congrats, a fine honor indeed! I'm sure you and Mrs. K are very excited!

It seems that a celebration gift is in order!!!!

**Sold**2008 Red Versys, Algard, LSL Frame Sliders, EvoTech Radiator guard, Givi screen, Givi V35 panniers, Moto Werks handlebar riser and footpeg lowering blocks, Aprilia Tuono mirrors, Carbon Fiber FendaExtenda, Spools/Sliders front & rear
2000 DRZ440E
2003 KLX440R
2003 TTR125LE
post #6 of 46 (permalink) Old 05-03-2011, 07:56 AM

A chef? He is going to be the most important man on the ship. Everyone is going to have to be nice to him, or he won't feed them...
post #7 of 46 (permalink) Old 05-03-2011, 08:11 AM

Phil and Keri, Very happy to hear this wonderful news.

Though it's hard to see him go far away, the travel/work will make him a better man.
Congratulations, Jayden. Do Yourself and family proud

My V Blog:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Ride safe,

post #8 of 46 (permalink) Old 05-03-2011, 08:27 AM

Congratulations to your son! You both must be very proud.

John in AZ
'08 Versys
'11 Victory Cross Roads

post #9 of 46 (permalink) Old 05-03-2011, 08:49 AM

Congratulations on the achievement of your son, and condolences on the last bird flying from the nest. Best be getting on with that Z1000 now to drown your sorrows and keep yourself busy!
post #10 of 46 (permalink) Old 05-03-2011, 09:38 AM

Congratulations! A position in the Middle Earth Navy is even more impressive than being Admiral of the Manx Herring Fleet.

Arion

"Plan? Plan! There ain't no plan."
Pig Killer, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome
post #11 of 46 (permalink) Old 05-03-2011, 10:31 AM

Congratulations to you and your wife for raising a quality human being, and to your son for proving his worth. All the best.

(What's for dinner?)

[SIZE="1"]Ride. Good.

2003 ST1300ABS
2008 Versys
IBA 59868
post #12 of 46 (permalink) Old 05-03-2011, 11:23 AM

Phil,

Congratulations! I am a Navy vet and enjoyed all my time in service, even tipped a few cold ones with some of your country's finest sailors! If Jayden ever gets on a cruise to the Northwest United States have him get in touch.

Fair winds and following seas,
Bob

Japanese scientists have created a camera with such a fast shutter speed they now can photograph a woman with her mouth shut.
post #13 of 46 (permalink) Old 05-03-2011, 06:05 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Really appreciate all the kind words my friends and due to grieving process of the empty nest syndrome I think the only answer would be to buy a 2nd bike to help with the healing process, (good idea pretbec .

For the first 12 months I believe he will mainly be based at Devonport Naval base in Auckland. If he gets up your way Steven and Kuruna will make sure he gets in touch as i believe they do sail into Singapore at times but that will be down the track. Bob if he heads your way will get some details, cheers.

We started young with our two boys and unfortunately Jay's older brother went off the rails for a while but we pray that things will eventually turn around.

Really glad last sat I invited Jayden to go on a bike ride with a group then we went to the movies to see Thor that night because once he leaves he will be living a long way from us in middle earth terms.

Last edited by kiwi 41; 05-03-2011 at 07:24 PM.
post #14 of 46 (permalink) Old 05-03-2011, 07:01 PM

Well done Jay!

Montani Semper Liberi
post #15 of 46 (permalink) Old 05-03-2011, 07:53 PM

Congrats to all. You all must be very proud. Please thank your son for all of us for his service.

Bob

Ride em if ya got em!
post #16 of 46 (permalink) Old 05-04-2011, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi 41 View Post
This is a bike forum but also met a great bunch of people so thought i would share our good news.

My Youngest son Jayden has just been accepted in the Royal NZ Navy as a chef and he leave for 3 month training on the 29th of may. This is not that easy here as due to our limited military and resources there are only so many positions available so it is a honour to be accepted as they have very strict grading on points system to get in and Jayden missed out by one point in the Feb intake. He is off to his school tomorrow to say hes leaving and give his notice at his after school job.

It is a bitter sweet thing for my wife Keri and myself as we are extremely proud but will also miss him as we are really close but good news no kids now must be time for me to get that Z1000 and see the world.

Cheers to all you out there as i wanted to tell someone

Phil and Mrs Kiwi 41 (Keri)

From someone who's been serving in the U.S. Navy since 1999 to your son, congratulations! I'm sure it is an incredible honor as you say, and I imagine he will be doing great things in the R.N.Z. Navy.
post #17 of 46 (permalink) Old 05-04-2011, 08:08 PM
Super Moderator

Incredible news!! Congratulations!!!!

post #18 of 46 (permalink) Old 05-04-2011, 09:37 PM

Kiwi,

You are a world away, yet I feel like we have all gotten to know you. Thanks for sharing your great stories and your great family. You are an inspiration to me and my wife.
post #19 of 46 (permalink) Old 05-04-2011, 10:01 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Congrats buddy.

Wish Jayden all the best and Trust he will serve well.

Will be glad to welcome him should the sail drift him to my coast.

God bless all.

post #20 of 46 (permalink) Old 05-04-2011, 10:06 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madone1 View Post
Kiwi,

You are a world away, yet I feel like we have all gotten to know you. Thanks for sharing your great stories and your great family. You are an inspiration to me and my wife.
Thanks for the kind words. Never been a big Internet forum sort of guy but what clicked for me here was my passion to get back into bikes, the mighty V and most of all the great bunch of people i have connected to even a world away. In less than 6 week we will be touching down in Malaysia and spending some time with people met on line from this forum. Will be spending most of our 2nd week with Fastoman (Kuruna)and his family and i believe he has arranged a 2-3 day bike ride where i will get the privilege of using his blue versys. Also have skyped fasto as well as stlee29 from his office in KL but he lives in Penang which is over 300km away and rides his bike home for the weekends. Another of the forum members myred who lives in KL will be showing us around KL.
All of this has happened because of connections made here, I hope to make north America 2012 0r 2013 depending on how things go here.

Glad some of you enjoy the rides and our family dynamics and do enjoy sharing some of middle earth with you all, am a patrioctic Kiwi and we have a great place here not perfect but compared to a lot of trouble around the world this little big island is a pretty good place to live.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode