Drift 170 HD Stealth Camera - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-24-2011, 01:24 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Drift 170 HD Stealth Camera

Had a GoPro HD liked the video from it.But just not very user friendly and would lock up in one of the modes. Saw this and just ordered one for the Texas to California trip coming up. Got it at the first link and theres a code to save 40 bucks. The second link has a review and video.

http://www.launchhelmetcams.com/Drif...-HD170-Stealth

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/d...-action-camera

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett

Last edited by weljo2001; 04-24-2011 at 05:10 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-24-2011, 01:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
A thread on these over at ADV Rider with a side-by-side of several others: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=621416

Looks like now that they have been out for awhile firmware is taking care of a lot of the earlier issues.

2009 Kawasaki Versys
SWM Engine Guard; Windscreen de Jour on a MadStad bracket; Motowerk Peg Lowering kit & Stand Big Foot; ProTaper ATV Low bars; Stebel horn; KTM Duals Rear Rack; Coocase 36L topcase...and more to come

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-24-2011, 01:52 PM Thread Starter

Garage
one nice feature you can power it while in use with a usb type car charger. It powers up but won't charge the battery while in use. i also ordered the extended life battery for shorter trips. but for this to be water proof you need the silicon butt cover which i also ordered along with the external mic. from the videos and reviews i looked through before placing the order i think this was the way to go for something easy to use and not having to get one of the models you have to install on the bike.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-25-2011, 06:54 AM Thread Starter

Garage

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-25-2011, 10:56 AM

Garage
My boss has one of them. It has orange trim though instead of all black. I have a GoPro as well. We use them for making ski videos. His is much easier to use, but we prefere the mounting of the GoPro better. i have the cheaper GoPro(960) and the video is just as good as his in 1080, for 1/2 the price.

08' Versys
Givi racks with V35 sides, and V46 Top-case, Garmin Zumo 450 GPS, Powermadd Handguards, Motowerks GPS Mount, Peg Lowering kit, Flat Foot, Arrow Exhaust, Adjustable Levers, GIPro Gear Indicator, Oxford Heated Grips
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-25-2011, 01:11 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to offcamber
I been happy with my ContourGPS the only thing that is bad is the wind noise.
http://contour.com/stories/slow-twisties
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-25-2011, 09:10 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by offcamber View Post
I been happy with my ContourGPS the only thing that is bad is the wind noise.
http://contour.com/stories/slow-twisties

If you have a smart phone check this out for the contour.

http://www.launchhelmetcams.com/blog...r-connect-view

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-25-2011, 11:06 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAWKSHOT99 View Post
My boss has one of them. It has orange trim though instead of all black. I have a GoPro as well. We use them for making ski videos. His is much easier to use, but we prefere the mounting of the GoPro better. i have the cheaper GoPro(960) and the video is just as good as his in 1080, for 1/2 the price.

The orange and black is the old model. i ilke the video of the gopro but its just too much a PITA. i like the remote for the drift and being able to connect to a power source for extended rides.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode