Spring Sucks! - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-03-2011, 04:36 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Spring Sucks!

It's been really nice here for a couple of days, and was supposed to stay nice for awhile. Yesterday I was busy doing stuff and almost pulled the V out for a ride, but didn't. It was late afternoon, and I just ran out of time. I remember the conscious thought that "the weather is supposed to be good again tomorrow, I'll get a ride in first thing in the morning."

Well so much for that idea, dumping snow all day today, over a foot of snow and still coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This SUCKS!

**Sold**2008 Red Versys, Algard, LSL Frame Sliders, EvoTech Radiator guard, Givi screen, Givi V35 panniers, Moto Werks handlebar riser and footpeg lowering blocks, Aprilia Tuono mirrors, Carbon Fiber FendaExtenda, Spools/Sliders front & rear
2000 DRZ440E
2003 KLX440R
2003 TTR125LE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-03-2011, 05:36 PM

Life in Aspen Co must be B-atch!

"Respect the Ride if you don't you Won't"
"A man's got to know his limitations"

Last edited by cmoreride; 04-03-2011 at 05:41 PM.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-03-2011, 05:50 PM

northwest Oklahoma rode mine ,not the best day 97 degrees //50 mile per hour gust
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-03-2011, 07:34 PM

My first ride of the year today! 45F and sunny-ish. Could definitely be worse. Only problem is you have to tiptoe around every corner because there's leftover sand EVERYWHERE!

Jon
'09 Versys in Blue
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-03-2011, 07:38 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
Can't say spring sucks myself as its 5 months away and its raining cats n dogs at moment, we have just gone out of daylight savings so it gets dark at nights a whole hour quicker so am on down hill slide to winter.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-03-2011, 07:43 PM

It's warmed up in TX but, like our Oklahoma poster noted, the wind in early spring is godawful no matter what you ride.

I did go for a long ride today and between the hatred I've developed for my riding pants on warm days and the wind, it's not as much fun as it should be. Oh well.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-03-2011, 07:59 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
How would you like to be in mid 80's weather all winter without your bike to ride. Thats me and believe me it really sucks...

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-03-2011, 08:44 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
How would you like to be in mid 80's weather all winter without your bike to ride. Thats me and believe me it really sucks...
Yep that does suck
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-03-2011, 10:10 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmoreride View Post
Life in Aspen Co must be B-atch!

Hey, I know that town! Doesn't look like that right now!!!

**Sold**2008 Red Versys, Algard, LSL Frame Sliders, EvoTech Radiator guard, Givi screen, Givi V35 panniers, Moto Werks handlebar riser and footpeg lowering blocks, Aprilia Tuono mirrors, Carbon Fiber FendaExtenda, Spools/Sliders front & rear
2000 DRZ440E
2003 KLX440R
2003 TTR125LE
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-04-2011, 12:30 PM

Yesterday was great here in NY. 55 degrees Warm enough to not need heated gear, cool enough to wear a goodly amount of armor, no vegetation yet so you can still see the deer coming and almost no bugs!

~~ Live Like You're Dying ~~
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-04-2011, 02:03 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to offcamber
Almost took my out yesterday hit about 49F. My driveway was a bit of a mud pit ( we have 5 seasons here in NH... Mud season is between winter and spring). However the wind was really gusting so I thought the better of venturing out....add to the fact that the roads are just in horrible shape, heaves pot holes, gravel and sand all over the place. Hopefully it will warm up soon.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-04-2011, 02:24 PM

I cant complain too much, I have already put about 600 miles on my bikes here in NH. I will go out above 36. I got some sweet coveralls from walmart, put my armor underneath and the rain jacket outside to break the wind. Only thing that sucks is my schedule only permits me to ride to work Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday and the weather usually keeps me in the cage 1 of those days. But i dont mind the rain this time of year, already has a lot of the roads clean from salt and sand.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-04-2011, 02:41 PM

You know how I spell spring

H A Y F E V E R

Thank goodness for OTC med's out these days.
But there are times when all they do is lessen the discomfort.
Lived with it ever since moving to the Central Valley, (The Big Valley)

I/we can ride all year unless it's raining, but dualsport riding is restricted to below the snow aprox
4k elv

"Respect the Ride if you don't you Won't"
"A man's got to know his limitations"

Last edited by cmoreride; 04-04-2011 at 04:37 PM.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-04-2011, 02:56 PM

Ah Spring in Canada... don't like the weather... wait another 5 minutes.
Spring in Canada is the only country where you ponder if you should wear your snow suit or rain suit or both!

07 Kawasaki Versys + Farkles
MRA Vario Windscreen, Acerbis Dual Road Handgaurds + LEDs, Oxford Heated Grips, Xenon & LED Headlight, Tail Light Flasher, Moto Werk Flat Foot, Mirror Extenders & Foot Peg Lowering Blocks, Rad Gaurd, Fenda Extender, Powerbronze Rear Hugger, Stebel Nautilus Airhorn, T Rex Frame Sliders, Extended Rear Spools, Monster Energy Tank Protector, Magnitic Drain Plug, 12V Power Port, Tom Tom GPS, Xena XX14 Lock Alarm, Givi 409, 464, 449 Bags & Monokey Rack + Kappa 48L Case
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode