New Versys Forum - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-27-2011, 07:21 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
New Versys Forum

Checked out the new forum. Created because of the hatred of advertising on this forum. Wow much to my suprise there was ads from motorcycle superstore and jc whitney to name a couple. Shame Shame Shame. Or should that be Shameless???????

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-27-2011, 07:26 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Really???? Is this necessary????

post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-27-2011, 07:35 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear on a bicycle View Post
Really???? Is this necessary????
Yes when people get on a soap box and make a big todo over something so small then turn around and do the same thing. Don't piss on my leg and tell me its raining.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-27-2011, 09:34 PM

Who really gives a c***. This is a great site and if you don't like the ads just use firefox.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-27-2011, 09:37 PM

Firefox and a free app from ad blocker plus worked for me

I like this forum just the way it is thankyou
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-27-2011, 09:37 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegasus View Post
Who really gives a c***. This is a great site and if you don't like the ads just use firefox.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-27-2011, 10:03 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
... oh, I thought this thread was about a NEW site, but ONLY for those with NEW Versys....

(Which would mean those with ZERO miles...!)

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-27-2011, 10:17 PM

Never said there would be no adverts. Also, there are reasons other than the adverts as to why it was created. Lack of admin participation would be one...Anyway, as usual, weljo stirring up....well, we all know what he does. There is plenty of room for 2 forums, just giving a non-corporate alternative ran by a versys owner. Use this forum, the new forum or both, it's all good.

Jon Campbell

Motorcycle Sport Touring Association

STAR 2012 - Avon, Colorado

post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-27-2011, 10:41 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trophyrider View Post
..Anyway, as usual, weljo stirring up....well, we all know what he does.
If that makes you feel better. Just don't try to feed me a caca sandwich and tell me its ham. I've checked out your forum nice set up. just be honest a few of you blasted this forum and are leaching off it and your starting to do the same thing you protested so heavy about.What i like about this forum is that the members keep things in check and things can get a little liberal and heated at times. You have seen a chance as well as played a part in making the chance to make a big deal out of nothing to create something which you can gain from.No big deal its the american way. Just when someone calls you on it don't act so suprised. Good Luck To You.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

Last edited by weljo2001; 03-27-2011 at 10:44 PM.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-27-2011, 11:02 PM

There wasn't a whole lot of complaining about the run-of-the mill banner and Google ads; such things are nearly essential to run a non-corporate site. What the splinter founder found chafing were the popup ad, PM spam (of which there has admittedly been only one of each so far), and other user abuses like the cell phone spam that the admins have done little to correct. So when you find that stuff popping up on KLE650, your orignal post will have some merit. And no, I'm not a member of the new forum as of yet, so don't anybody accuse me of partisanship. I personally find the founding of a new site something of an overreaction and definitely a bit hasty. That said, this forum may be largely populated with pretty good people, but that doesn't make the site itself or the people who run it worthy of special consideration (not really the right phrasing, but I couldn't find a better). So if you're going to take shots at somebody else's high horse, you'd better get off your own. Until then, enjoy what we have here and don't worry about some malcontents off somewhere else doing their own thing.

Jon
'09 Versys in Blue
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-27-2011, 11:11 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80-watt Hamster View Post
There wasn't a whole lot of complaining about the run-of-the mill banner and Google ads; such things are nearly essential to run a non-corporate site. What the splinter founder found chafing were the popup ad, PM spam (of which there has admittedly been only one of each so far), and other user abuses like the cell phone spam that the admins have done little to correct. So when you find that stuff popping up on KLE650, your orignal post will have some merit. And no, I'm not a member of the new forum as of yet, so don't anybody accuse me of partisanship. I personally find the founding of a new site something of an overreaction and definitely a bit hasty. That said, this forum may be largely populated with pretty good people, but that doesn't make the site itself or the people who run it worthy of special consideration (not really the right phrasing, but I couldn't find a better). So if you're going to take shots at somebody else's high horse, you'd better get off your own. Until then, enjoy what we have here and don't worry about some malcontents off somewhere else doing their own thing.

Well Put. Point Taken

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-28-2011, 01:02 AM

Garage
As I sit here reading all of this conversation about the great dislikes of pop-ups and ad's, I am thinking what are they talking about. I use Firefox and have never seen these ad's. People need to understand the Ad's are what pays for most of these sites. We should be thankful they are able to support the site with them and not charge annual membership fees. If you don't like the ad's there are add-ons to remove them from your browser. Just ask people will help.
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-28-2011, 01:54 AM

Having run a couple forum sites in my time, the bandwidth and management gets to be a bigger and bigger thing. The ads help support the site as it grows. The alternative is paid memberships. Am I right?

Free is not always "FREE"

2008 Suzuki B-King ABS (smithabusa interface, ecuEditor, Reflashed/DeLimited, Scorpion Exhaust)
2011 V-Star 950 Touring Candy Red
2008 Kawi Brute Force 650 (HMF Full Exhaust, Twin-Air Kit, Dyna Ignition, My Jetting, and a few FST Parts

2008 Honda TRX250EX White(rejetted with UNI filter) fer the kid
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-28-2011, 07:26 AM

I've been around here for a long time and I guess I'm just get older and more stupid. However, what the heck "new forum" are you talking about?

'09 Versys -Green

TET'68 Survivor
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-28-2011, 07:33 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
Your not stupid but here is the link
http://www.kle650.com/index.php
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-28-2011, 10:05 AM

I don't mind the ads on either site. I do mind being spammed by some corporate cube dweller that probably doesn't even know what a Versys is. They bought the name in order to make money not promote riding.

Whatever change they made when they added the pop up makes in almost impossible to get on here from work. It takes at least a minute for each page to load now. Being that I have no control over my work computer that made the choice pretty easy.

1974 Kawasaki F11
2004 Yamaha WR450 plated
2014 Kawasaki Versys 650
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-28-2011, 11:12 AM

Well if you dont want ads, send in the donations. It is expensive to run a web-site!!!

I am fine with the ads, and Thank You for keeping the site up

Todd
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-28-2011, 03:13 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tapntx View Post
Well if you dont want ads, send in the donations. It is expensive to run a web-site!!!

I am fine with the ads, and Thank You for keeping the site up

Todd
Actually, please DON'T send donations. Since the new owners took over, that doesn't seem to be an option any more.

post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-29-2011, 03:53 PM

At the end of the day, I think the largest draw the other site has is it is maintained by Versys owners, and heck, you can put forth a question or idea and the Admin actually responds, and even puts effort towards equipping said idea or answering the inquiry.

Kawasaki KLE650 Versys Forum

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode