"We Will Never Forget" Little Ticked Off - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-11-2008, 07:19 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to versysred Send a message via Yahoo to versysred
Unhappy "We Will Never Forget" Little Ticked Off

So I woke up this morning and on my way to work I knew were I was on this day 7 years ago I knew the feeling like my safety had been taken from me. It was September 11th 2001. I was in class that day when the principle interrupted us in English class asking if we had been told. Than I found out that the twin towers had been hit. So today I go into work knowing what day it was. But did one person say anything no. So I was sort of upset here we said we will never forget and we have in a way forgot. Well I just wanted to post this reminding people what happened today 7 years ago. God bless those fighting for our freedom over there and pray for there families.
God Bless America
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-11-2008, 08:30 PM

AMEN AND GOD BLESS THE USA
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-11-2008, 09:22 PM

Nobody forgot what day it was today, even if they didn't talk about it.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-11-2008, 10:15 PM

Never.

Ever.

Forget.

The ship you see there is the USS New York, LPD 21 - a Landing Platform Dock which conducts amphibious operations in time of war and time of humane efforts, crafted with American pride and incorporating 7.5 tons of steel from the fallen buildings. She sails on in memory of those who fell that tragic day in 2001.

Something else I thought was inspiring to see:
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-12-2008, 12:27 PM

I didn't forget, how could you? To this day my dogs still bark at anything flying. They were just puppies then and I remember being out in the backyard with them that night talking to my bro on the phone and watching the fighter jets pacing in the night sky like hungry sharks. Just that little white strobe flashing across the darkness. For a while there the only planes up there were our fighters. That's pretty cool when you think about it. I felt pretty safe then. But they totally picked up on my energy. They knew that I was worried and sad about something but they of course did not know or understand why. They just equated this negative energy being put out by their leader with airplanes I guess (and they wouldn't be that far off). I used to take 9/11 off from work because I felt that this was the right thing for me to do. I remember having to work that day. Like any of us could. I remember listening to it on the radio in total shock and disbelief as I drove to work. I remember how it seemed that my world had been turned upside down in an instant. And I remember that feeling in my chest and stomach as I turned on the TV we had in the office and saw the replay of the first plane hit the tower and then the second one live. It was fukd up man, completely. This Afghan fighter interviewed on the BBC yesterday blamed the US for civilian casualties. He said that we push them into the populated areas and we do not care when civilians are killed. Ya, like they do? How many military combatants worked in the WTC? If we didn’t care this whole thing could be over in minutes and the middle east would be one huge sheet of glass. But Americans are kind, compassionate people, we help everybody. We are even trying to help the people we’re fighting and we eventually will help increase their standard of living.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode