Winter holding on - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-07-2011, 05:54 PM Thread Starter
NYG

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Winter holding on

Our rain storm turned to snow yesterday afternoon and ended up at about 13-16 inches. It's tough to tell because of the drifting.

I am very, very jealous of the posts of riding anywhere--you guys in NZ and Indonesia don't count--I know you are in summer.

I really don't know when the roads will be ready for riding. Frustrating. Thanks for letting me rant.

Who else got hit hard?

Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-07-2011, 06:44 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
up here in Montreal we got some ((((
when I was hoping that the spring is not far.....

Versys 2015 Green
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-07-2011, 07:44 PM

Garage
SW Ontario, Winter still won't let go. Temps are barely over freezing and well below at night. Last weekend's promised rain also turned to snow and un-did a lot of the Spring thaw that had already begun.

Last year Spring came VERY early, that's making this year even harder to take. The 7 day forecast is not great and gets worse by week's end.

Still waiting.....

Always trust your cape.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-07-2011, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATYC View Post
SW Ontario, Winter still won't let go. Temps are barely over freezing and well below at night. Last weekend's promised rain also turned to snow and un-did a lot of the Spring thaw that had already begun.

Last year Spring came VERY early, that's making this year even harder to take. The 7 day forecast is not great and gets worse by week's end.

Still waiting.....
... and to add insult to injury, Environment Canada's Spring forecast suggests a colder and wetter than normal Spring for many parts of Canada including Ontario.... March ~ May...

'14 Versys 650 (Green)
'14Honda CB500x
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-08-2011, 08:31 AM

Same as problem with snow as you. I'm just outside Syracuse, we have 165 inches of snow so far this year at the airport. It just won't stop. Serious spring fever has set in. It seems that every year we get at least a couple days in the winter that are rideable. (One year we rode at least once every month). This year, I haven't seen the surface of my driveway since a week before x-mas.

It must stop now!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-09-2011, 08:00 PM

It's been melting on and off here. The trick is finding a day where my driveway is clear and it's above freezing and not raining. I've had the Nighthawk out one day in Feb and I managed an hour with the Bandit last night. Since everyone is starting to itch I think it's time to put them both and Craigslist and start shopping for a V!

1982 Honda CB450SC Nighthawk
2009 Green Versys
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-09-2011, 08:24 PM

It's March already, we got more snow in the north GTA, but warmer temps tomorrow.

Old man winter's hanging on and dieing hard this year.

Two weekends ago while at the bike shop I chuckled to myself when I saw a sold sign on a $12,000.00 snow machine, as it was raining outside and the snow was all gone....but don't blame this snow on me!

At least we still have "curling" to watch!

Don't Get Cabin Fever!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode