Surprising response to a post.. - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-18-2011, 06:08 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to offcamber
Surprising response to a post..

On another forum related to a car I just bought I posed a question about an aftermarket product and how it worked on certain models.

I got the usual responses from people with the setup I'm looking into....

then a few days later I get a private message.....from the President of the Company for the product. He offered me 100% refund including shipping costs if I give the product a try. He was that sure I would be happy with it.
I was a little surprised you don't see that kind of support these days...This isn't a guy who builds stuff in his garage either. They actually worked with Ford to produce develop it. He even gave me his cell number....how crazy is that...

Thing is I'm not really sure I want/need it lol....spring is coming and the V still needs more Farkles....

Anyway just thought I would share....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-18-2011, 06:22 AM

That does seem unusual but cool, how are you liking the fiesta so far? I just bought A new kia soul in december and I definetly like it. The fiesta was A vehicle I was also considering, but I am happy with the purchase I made.

Those who say money can't buy happines haven't bought A VERSYS.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-18-2011, 07:02 AM

Innovative companies recognize that social media (and that's what the Verys forum is) are a powerful means of conveying information about products. People are much more likely to believe consumer opinions about products than they are to believe advertisements. I expect the company in question has people perusing web forums for comments about their products and are taking the initiative to build positive rapport by putting the product in your hands without financial risk to you, knowing that you will in all likelihood share your $.02 with members of the car forum.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[SIZE="1"]Ride. Good.

2003 ST1300ABS
2008 Versys
IBA 59868
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-18-2011, 08:10 AM Thread Starter

I'm lovin' the Fiesta...no regrets at all...It really is fun to drive. If anyone is looking for a small car its worth a look.

I'll add the Ford CS has been outstanding...on the same board I commented on another thread about having a similar odd noise ( nothing I was overly concerned about). I got a PM from Ford CS asking for my info and VIN so they could follow up with my dealer to make sure it was being taken care of...they even called me to make sure all was well....I can't complain, I feel like I bought a high end luxury car the way they treat me.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-18-2011, 12:11 PM

Thats very cool of him to make you such a good offer.
May I ask you if the dash on your fiesta causes annoying sunlight glare/reflection on the windshield when you drive?
Thanks

Time alone with ones thoughts, is quality time.

They say there is a lack of jobs. Seems here to be more a lack of people willing to work hard, and take pride in the work they do.

Frank
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-18-2011, 01:22 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by arewethereyet View Post
Thats very cool of him to make you such a good offer.
May I ask you if the dash on your fiesta causes annoying sunlight glare/reflection on the windshield when you drive?
Thanks

I haven't noticed that...today is very sunny with lots of glare off the snow and wet roads.....the dash is black almost matte black I'd be surprised if it did.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-18-2011, 02:37 PM

Have you checked the MPG yet?
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-19-2011, 09:44 AM Thread Starter

I'm on the second tank getting 35pmg with a mixed bag of highway and surface roads. I'm happy with that as this is very hilly terrain. Sticker says 29 city 38 highway. I have heard of folks averaging 42 but I'm guessing that's very flat country.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-19-2011, 12:21 PM

That's good. Mileage should improve as engine breaks in.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-24-2011, 06:31 PM

That's very cool that the company came back to you with that offer. It's the kind of customer service that's disappearing as corporations grow larger and begin to dominate the market they are in. I'm thinking of cell phone companies in particular, (Verizon anyone?). Companies like that or insurance cos, that think nothing of making you wait on telephone hold for an hour or more before you get to talk to a real, live human bean, then give you inaccurate info, or info that conflicts with something they've previously told you.

Michael
Always be wary of any helpful item that weighs less than its operating manual.
- Terry Pratchett

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode