True then Truer Today - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 60 (permalink) Old 01-17-2011, 08:45 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
True then Truer Today

Sixty year Anniversary!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dwight_D._Eisenhower

Dwight David "Ike" Eisenhower (October 14, 1890 – March 28, 1969) was a five-star general in the United States Army and the 34th President of the United States, from 1953 until 1961, and the last to be born in the 19th century. During World War II, he served as Supreme Commander of the Allied forces in Europe, with responsibility for planning and supervising the successful invasion of France and Germany in 1944–45, from the Western Front. In 1951, he became the first supreme commander of NATO.
A Republican, Eisenhower entered the 1952 presidential race to counter the non-interventionism of Sen. Robert A. Taft, and to crusade against "Communism, Korea and corruption". He won by a landslide, defeating Democrat Adlai Stevenson and ending two decades of the New Deal Coalition holding the White House.

"Respect the Ride if you don't you Won't"
"A man's got to know his limitations"

Last edited by cmoreride; 01-17-2011 at 09:40 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 60 (permalink) Old 01-17-2011, 09:18 PM

Wow! Thanks for sharing, and so, so true.

**Sold**2008 Red Versys, Algard, LSL Frame Sliders, EvoTech Radiator guard, Givi screen, Givi V35 panniers, Moto Werks handlebar riser and footpeg lowering blocks, Aprilia Tuono mirrors, Carbon Fiber FendaExtenda, Spools/Sliders front & rear
2000 DRZ440E
2003 KLX440R
2003 TTR125LE
post #3 of 60 (permalink) Old 01-20-2011, 08:11 AM Thread Starter

http://www.youtube.com/user/ncftTV?e...e_youtube_user

post #4 of 60 (permalink) Old 01-20-2011, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmoreride View Post
Sixty year Anniversary!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8y06NSBBRtY

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dwight_D._Eisenhower

Dwight David "Ike" Eisenhower (October 14, 1890 – March 28, 1969) was a five-star general in the United States Army and the 34th President of the United States, from 1953 until 1961, and the last to be born in the 19th century. During World War II, he served as Supreme Commander of the Allied forces in Europe, with responsibility for planning and supervising the successful invasion of France and Germany in 1944–45, from the Western Front. In 1951, he became the first supreme commander of NATO.
A Republican, Eisenhower entered the 1952 presidential race to counter the non-interventionism of Sen. Robert A. Taft, and to crusade against "Communism, Korea and corruption". He won by a landslide, defeating Democrat Adlai Stevenson and ending two decades of the New Deal Coalition holding the White House.
President Eisenhower was perhaps the last great leader this nation ever had.
It's to bad that we; as a nation, have forgotten his wisdom.

I could not imagine any leader since uttering his words or embracing his warnings.
And we as a people...just don't care enough to do anything more than trust our media to inform us.

..and so it gos.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Aerodynamically sound since 1959. So says the good folk @ Lockheed, Atlanta GA.
The KLE 650 VERSYS: It can't replace the Love of a good woman but...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Bike is my solitude amongst the multitudes

"Wounds heal, chicks dig scars...Glory, lasts forever!"
TRUE PATRIOTS QUESTION EVERYTHING
post #5 of 60 (permalink) Old 01-20-2011, 11:21 PM

Those who've beaten their swords into plowshares have often ended up plowing for those who didn’t...

~~ Live Like You're Dying ~~
post #6 of 60 (permalink) Old 01-20-2011, 11:28 PM Thread Starter

post #7 of 60 (permalink) Old 01-21-2011, 01:19 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
For generations to come ,will hardly believe such a man in blood and flesh ever walked the surface of this earth.
post #8 of 60 (permalink) Old 01-21-2011, 09:22 AM

I'm saddened every time I'm reminded we, as a country, no longer have a unified vision about what is necessary to protect our freedom and the things that have made this country great. Passion has been supplanted by complacency within the public at large. I'm not old - but I'm old enough to remember when it was OK to profess love for God, country, freedom and the capitalism that has made this country what it is. Not too long ago it was important to have the opportunity for extraordinary success and the chance to pursue it. Now it seems we are hell bent on collective mediocrity. This is the price of political correctness and a general teaching that anything goes and no behavior should be judged. We are at a fork in the road. If we as a people don't decide quickly where we stand on issues like: support for illegal aliens, free enterprise, moral principals, limits on deficit spending and national defense we will be irrevocably undoing all that was accomplished by those, Like Eisenhower, who have gone before us.

'10 BMW R1200GS Adventure
'11 BMW S1000RR

Last edited by TCAdventure; 01-21-2011 at 09:25 AM.
post #9 of 60 (permalink) Old 01-21-2011, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCAdventure View Post
I'm saddened every time I'm reminded we, as a country, no longer have a unified vision about what is necessary to protect our freedom and the things that have made this country great. Passion has been supplanted by complacency within the public at large. I'm not old - but I'm old enough to remember when it was OK to profess love for God, country, freedom and the capitalism that has made this country what it is. Not too long ago it was important to have the opportunity for extraordinary success and the chance to pursue it. Now it seems we are hell bent on collective mediocrity. This is the price of political correctness and a general teaching that anything goes and no behavior should be judged. We are at a fork in the road. If we as a people don't decide quickly where we stand on issues like: support for illegal aliens, free enterprise, moral principals, limits on deficit spending and national defense we will be irrevocably undoing all that was accomplished by those, Like Eisenhower, who have gone before us.
Very well said sir. Some think it's already too late and the USA is done for. I hope not. I'm REALLY scared for my pre-teen kids though and what kind of life they will have at the age I am now...

Seems the only thing that is at stake today is completing some hidden agenda that will force compliance of the masses and the ruin of this once glorious nation.

Political correctness? No just a hidden agenda.
Support for illegal aliens? No just a hidden agenda.
Limits on deficit spending and national defense? No just a hidden agenda.
Not OK to profess love for God, your country, your freedom? No just a hidden agenda.

They think if they can tear it down and build it back up the way they want it, utopia will be obtained. Yeah right, back to the middle ages when only the rich were few and the rest of the population only had dirt to eat.

If Eisenhower was alive and active in politics today, can you imagine how he'd be maligned in the current political arenas?

Life without GOD is like an unsharpened pencil...........
It has NO point

Last edited by miblue; 01-21-2011 at 10:08 AM.
post #10 of 60 (permalink) Old 01-21-2011, 03:39 PM Thread Starter

Smedley Darlington Butler (July 30, 1881 – June 21, 1940), nicknamed "The Fighting Quaker" and "Old Gimlet Eye", was a Major General in the U.S. Marine Corps, and at the time of his death the most decorated Marine in U.S. history. During his 34-year career as a Marine, he participated in military actions in the Philippines, China, in Central America and the Caribbean during the Banana Wars, and France in World War I. By the end of his career he had received 16 medals, five of which were for heroism. He is one of 19 people to twice receive the Medal of Honor, one of three to be awarded both the Marine Corps Brevet Medal and the Medal of Honor, and the only person to be awarded the Brevet Medal and two Medals of Honor, all for separate actions.

“Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it”

Last edited by cmoreride; 01-21-2011 at 04:54 PM.
post #11 of 60 (permalink) Old 02-10-2011, 10:31 PM Thread Starter

post #12 of 60 (permalink) Old 02-12-2011, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmoreride View Post
That is a great documentary. If anyone wants to watch the whole film, (recommended!), I embedded it on a blog a month ago located here:
http://miguelitoh2o.posterous.com/why-we-fight

Michael
Always be wary of any helpful item that weighs less than its operating manual.
- Terry Pratchett

post #13 of 60 (permalink) Old 02-12-2011, 03:37 PM

I think everybody is over-blowing the whole situation. I absolutely trust the United States government to do the right thing for it's people and for the world. Except, that is, for the guy who took his shirt off and emailed it to some woman but he resigned so we're probably OK. Oh, and that guy who was toe tapping in the men's' room but he didn't get re-elected but assured us he was not gay. One thing we should thank our lucky stars for. It's a good thing we have this "PRE-EMPTIVE WAR" going on. Just think how long a real one would last!
post #14 of 60 (permalink) Old 02-12-2011, 05:21 PM Thread Starter

You guys accually give me a little hope.

post #15 of 60 (permalink) Old 02-17-2011, 12:55 PM Thread Starter

Definition: Oligarchy

The oligarchy (from Greek ὀλιγαρχία, oligarkhía[1]) is a form of power structure in which power effectively rests with a small number of people. These people could be distinguished by royalty, wealth, family ties, corporate, or military control. The word oligarchy is from the Greek words "ὀλίγος" (olígos), "a few"[2] and the verb "ἄρχω" (archo), "to rule, to govern, to command".[3] Such states are often controlled by a few prominent families who pass their influence from one generation to the next.

post #16 of 60 (permalink) Old 02-17-2011, 01:25 PM

http://worldofideas.wbur.org/2010/12...-zinn-memorial
cmore, give this a listen. A cheery story about wage repression and more.
post #17 of 60 (permalink) Old 03-03-2011, 05:10 PM Thread Starter

A union worker, a member of the Tea Party, and a CEO are sitting at a table.
In the middle of the table there is a plate with a dozen cookies on it.
The CEO reaches across the table, takes 11 cookies, looks at the Tea
Partier and says:
"Look out for that union guy, he wants a piece of your cookie."

http://www.epi.org/economic_snapshot...hots_20060621/

post #18 of 60 (permalink) Old 03-04-2011, 11:34 AM

In the U.S.A.

The top 1% of income earners pay 39% of all the Federal Income Taxes
The top 5% of income earners pay 59% of all the Federal Income Taxes
The top 10% of income earners pay 70% of all the Federal Income Taxes

The TEA Party says, “We are Taxed Enough Already!”

The Left cries, “Those at the top aren’t paying their fair share”.

It is those at the top – the entrepreneurs who take the risks and do the work to build the businesses – that create the jobs that pay the salaries and supply the majority of the benefits for everybody else.

Meanwhile – in the name of “fairness” – the UAW (United Auto Workers Union) has all but destroyed the American auto industry.

~~ Live Like You're Dying ~~

Last edited by Hardware; 03-04-2011 at 11:39 AM.
post #19 of 60 (permalink) Old 03-04-2011, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardware View Post
In the U.S.A.

The top 1% of income earners pay 39% of all the Federal Income Taxes
The top 5% of income earners pay 59% of all the Federal Income Taxes
The top 10% of income earners pay 70% of all the Federal Income Taxes

The TEA Party says, “We are Taxed Enough Already!”

The Left cries, “Those at the top aren’t paying their fair share”.

It is those at the top – the entrepreneurs who take the risks and do the work to build the businesses – that create the jobs that pay the salaries and supply the majority of the benefits for everybody else.

Meanwhile – in the name of “fairness” – the UAW (United Auto Workers Union) has all but destroyed the American auto industry.
On average, the top earners pay at a 15% tax rate with fancy prep work. The top 2% income bracket has more than 70% of the wealth but don't pay 70% of the taxes.
post #20 of 60 (permalink) Old 03-04-2011, 03:12 PM Thread Starter

Bye the Way
I don't have to care I'm single and make near 6 figures. I don't like to see my fellow man get F'd without a reach around!

Effective Tax Rates of the Richest 400 Americans
February 18, 2010
The IRS has just released an analysis of the richest 400 American tax filers. The top-line finding drawing the most attention is that these 400 earned about $138 billion, collectively, in 2007, the most recent year of data. In contrast, the bottom 90 percent of Americans, over 24 million filers, earned $247 billion.
One less-noticed finding in the report is that the super rich have been paying smaller and smaller portions of their incomes to taxes*. The chart below shows the effective tax rate for the richest 400 American filers from 1992 and 2007. The blue line represents the highest income tax bracket, the red line is the tax rate on long-term capital gains, and the orange line is the average tax rate that the richest 400 filers actually paid.

http://www.quickanded.com/2010/02/ef...americans.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by blipco View Post
On average, the top earners pay at a 15% tax rate with fancy prep work. The top 2% income bracket has more than 70% of the wealth but don't pay 70% of the taxes.

CEO Pay
In 2005, the average CEO in the United States earned 262 times the pay of the average worker, the second-highest level of this ratio in the 40 years for which there are data. In 2005, a CEO earned more in one workday (there are 260 in a year) than an average worker earned in 52 weeks.

Way than the than 11 cookies
http://www.epi.org/economic_snapshot...hots_20060621/

Last edited by cmoreride; 03-04-2011 at 03:28 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode