Help with vid uploading from new camera - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-25-2010, 02:37 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
Help with vid uploading from new camera

Needs so help please with my new canon SX 210.

Have no problem with working out photo functions so all pretty sweat there at moment but need some advice with being able to handle vid clips.

The camera come with a software disk that has zoombrowser ex 6.5 and photo stitch 3.1 on it.

Plug the USB cable into the computer and up pops box auto play with options to import pic's or download images from canon camera then from there you get a 2nd menu that you can select import images from camera and right at bottom you can upload movies to youtube.

Have set up a folder on my desktop for vid clips so my way is just plugging in camera going to my computer and copyover to folder and they end up in a quicktime movie format but even at setting the resolution down to 640 still end up with 75Mb after 1 minute of recording.

Am i better to have a youtube account and upload clips to there and pull back to post on forum or face book etc?

In summary haha I am long winded, what is the easiest simplest way for me to up load vid clips from my new camera, face book has a limit of 100Mb!

Any info or advise much apreciated,

Phil
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-25-2010, 03:18 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I pull the memory card out and plug it into my computer. If you don't have a card slot, you can get a cheap card reader that'll plug into a USB jack. This is a lot faster than using the camera cable. The computer will see the card as a new drive, and you can access it from "my computer". Then, you can copy the pics to any folder you like.

I don't know what you will have to do for the video clips. Is there anything in the camera manual that addresses this?

10 Duc Streetfighter S (black)
09 Versys
00 KLR
67 Triumph Bonneville TT Special
USN 1959-65
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-25-2010, 04:05 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
I can get the pic's and vid clips on computer just really need advice on how to handle vid clips more efficiently and if you can compress them?
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-25-2010, 09:44 PM

For example. After setting up a You tube or other VDO / Pic sharing account upload to it. It's my understanding You Tube re-process it for viewing and streaming. You can edit / process your self with your software to make a edited movie to change formats, quality settings add text music and so on. Then re-save and upload. I just checked a file I have for comparison on my hard drive, 20 sec is approx 18 mega bytes. It's much more practical to post a link to a "sharing" site rather than attach a large file to a forum post or F.B..

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi 41 View Post
I can get the pic's and vid clips on computer just really need advice on how to handle vid clips more efficiently and if you can compress them?

"Respect the Ride if you don't you Won't"
"A man's got to know his limitations"

Last edited by cmoreride; 12-25-2010 at 11:16 PM.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-26-2010, 01:46 AM

You have to import your clip in a movie maker software (like Pinnacle studo e.g.), create your movie cutting clips and adding transitions, music and so forth..
Then export your work as a file. Try some options to get your best solution. For a web video try divx, mp4 or flash compression (flv) and downsize movie resolution.
You can also add a menu to make a dvd for your home theatre.

Warning on music in youtube: by copyright violation they cut off music from your video...

Bye

Nobody thinks that something is so easy like who is totally unable to do it.

Kawasaki Versys 07 Orange
Ex Aprilia Pegaso 96 Blue
Ex Suzuki DR 350 91

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-26-2010, 02:10 AM

Hi Phil,

Make a google (gmail) account. Easy way to upload videos to youtube.

My V Blog:

Ride safe,

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode