Earth Quake - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-24-2010, 05:52 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Earth Quake

Been home about 10 minutes checking out the forum and all of a sudden the house starts shaking and continues for about a good 30 seconds. all of the neighbors are running out side yelling. me my girlfriend and her father are just sitting here doing our thing. her sister call my cell phone and tell me for us to get out of the house and i tell her no i'm on the computer right now. Were kinda use to them after living in Cali for so long. But it did add a little excitement to the evening...

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-24-2010, 06:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to DrTizz Send a message via Skype™ to DrTizz
Yeah, a 5.1 can make you sit up and notice. Hope all is okay!

<><><><><><><><>
2010 Versys ("Black Bengal")
2013 Triumph Trophy SE

"If it can't be expressed in figures, it is not science, it is an opinion...that means you, CNN!"

post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-24-2010, 06:21 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrTizz View Post
Yeah, a 5.1 can make you sit up and notice. Hope all is okay!
Yep its does as long as the ceiling doesn't fall in all is well. The houses here are made out of concrete.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-24-2010, 07:20 PM

Yeah- I use to live in so cal- earthquakes all the time. I got accustom to them and hardly thought twice. But if you were in a public place when one happened, you could always tell the tourist form the locals. the locals either don't stop talking or just kind of pause for just a second. But the out of towers were. Diving under the tables.

Having said that, I think a 5.1 might have got my attention.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-24-2010, 07:34 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by drumdaddy View Post
Yeah- I use to live in so cal- earthquakes all the time. I got accustom to them and hardly thought twice. But if you were in a public place when one happened, you could always tell the tourist form the locals. the locals either don't stop talking or just kind of pause for just a second. But the out of towers were. Diving under the tables.

Having said that, I think a 5.1 might have got my attention.

Were here in Ponce her sister in in Carolina next to San Juan they felt it there too. So more than likely the whole island was shaking. Haven't checked out the news but its all in spanish so does me no good ( No Habla Espanol ) i'll check out yahoo news later.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-24-2010, 09:38 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
5.1,........... Glad you are Ok.

post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-24-2010, 10:12 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Cool! There's re-bar in the concrete too? Is it just a side to side shake or vibration, and can you feel it going up and down too as the waves ripple by? Are you on the great fault and waiting for the big one?
We never get any earthquakes, tornadoes ar anything up here.
I have see a ghost though.
Any UFO sightings there lately?
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-24-2010, 10:31 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Been home about 10 minutes checking out the forum and all of a sudden the house starts shaking and continues for about a good 30 seconds. all of the neighbors are running out side yelling. me my girlfriend and her father are just sitting here doing our thing. her sister call my cell phone and tell me for us to get out of the house and i tell her no i'm on the computer right now. Were kinda use to them after living in Cali for so long. But it did add a little excitement to the evening...

That was just us wishing you a merry Christmas!!!!

And a big thanks for all the music!

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-25-2010, 06:29 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by invader View Post
Cool! There's re-bar in the concrete too? Is it just a side to side shake or vibration, and can you feel it going up and down too as the waves ripple by? Are you on the great fault and waiting for the big one?
We never get any earthquakes, tornadoes ar anything up here.
I have see a ghost though.
Any UFO sightings there lately?
It was a side to side shake. The one i hated the worst in california was a rolling feeling really wierd one there. I was in hurricane hugo back in late 80's in moncks corner south carolina right out of charleston That was no fun at all.had over 200 pine trees on my 2.5 acres lost 99 of them in the storm 27 tornados were reported in the county. the ground was so wet i had 7 trees laid down on my roof and one crashed down on it causing some minor damage. i think the down trees probably held the roof on a tornado cut across my property about 30ft off the ground twisting off the portion of the trees over that height and went right over the house.When they say a tornado sounds like a train coming through thier right.Have a video somewhere of all the damage was a very unpleasant experiance

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-25-2010, 06:34 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear on a bicycle View Post
That was just us wishing you a merry Christmas!!!!

And a big thanks for all the music!

Thanks.....Heard ya loud and clear.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful christmas

I'm gonna go through all the post on the music thread and make a playlist.really good tunes on there from everyone who posted.
Sorry Phil i'll have to leave off some of the Bon Jovi cause you can only take so much sober..

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-25-2010, 01:03 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Sorry Phil i'll have to leave off some of the Bon Jovi cause you can only take so much sober..
Hmm my wife and kids told me to move out of the 80's but Joan Jett still rocks brother
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-25-2010, 03:10 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by invader View Post
We never get any earthquakes, tornadoes or anything up here.
Invader,
When I had a farm near Hawkesbury, ON, we had an earthquake (1985...?). There's a plate running from Ottawa area east through Montreal (Mount Royal is an old volcano as are most of those hills running SE from it). Wouldn't surprise me if that plate doesn't also run NW towards the Kap.
I know at the time, that it was reported that the plate is quite extensive.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-25-2010, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
Invader,
When I had a farm near Hawkesbury, ON, we had an earthquake (1985...?). There's a plate running from Ottawa area east through Montreal (Mount Royal is an old volcano as are most of those hills running SE from it). Wouldn't surprise me if that plate doesn't also run NW towards the Kap.
I know at the time, that it was reported that the plate is quite extensive.
Thanks Eddie. Hawksebury is about 600 miles SE of Kap. (Some outsiders call it 'the Kap' but it's just 'Kap'.) There was a very slight tremor in late winter of 1981 or so, but I was riding the Kawasaki Drifter then and didn't feel it.
There actually are many small ones all over the place, especially in James Bay, and also out west and SE of here, but I've never felt one... What's really weird, is that James Cameron (Titanic, Terminator, Aliens, Avatar) was born right here in Kapuskasing.

In the last 5 years in northern Ontario; up to 4.2MN magnitude, some reported as felt:

http://earthquakescanada.nrcan.gc.ca...tpl_region=non

Last edited by invader; 12-25-2010 at 08:18 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode