Cracking Down on Drivers Holding Up the Left Lane - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

11Likes
  • 1 Post By weljo2001
  • 2 Post By twowheeladdict
  • 2 Post By Doug Just Doug
  • 2 Post By NightRider
  • 3 Post By aemacleod
  • 1 Post By twowheeladdict

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-21-2017, 07:21 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Exclamation Cracking Down on Drivers Holding Up the Left Lane

How I wish THAT RULE was applied up here. I see these "sleepers" in the left lane on a regular basis.

Cracking Down on Drivers Holding Up the Left Lane

I still have a full deck.
I just shuffle slower.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-21-2017, 07:38 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Yep grew up in Texas and always knew that the left lane was a passing lane. If you're not passing a car get to the right. Here in California they are clueless about that. Heres a video of a California MotoVlogger that got a ticket for that in Texas and just doesn't understand the concept ...
Urbanengineer likes this.

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-21-2017, 08:58 PM
Super Moderator

Its the same all over the world, maybe generation gap. At our country is the right side where you find drivers holding up traffic..
post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-22-2017, 06:58 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
I was having this same argument with my MIL while rolling down the interstate and even when I pointed out the sign she didn't care. It is called being passive aggressive. They are doing their part to keep down speeders.
kenr74 and Urbanengineer like this.

My Versys Travels:

post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-22-2017, 07:54 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
In my neck of the woods I have a state trooper that likes to cruise down I-57 in the middle lane of 3....at 5 miles under the limit during rush hour.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-22-2017, 08:29 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post
I was having this same argument with my MIL while rolling down the interstate and even when I pointed out the sign she didn't care. It is called being passive aggressive. They are doing their part to keep down speeders.
Exactly. They do it on purpose.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-22-2017, 09:36 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Yeah, slow movers in the passing lane is one of my pet peeves. I've driven the autobahns in Germany a few times and was shocked at the strict lane discipline they maintain. All trucks, trailers, tiny slow cars, etc. stay glued to the right lane (some of that is the law). Most traffic is in the middle lane going ~80-105 MPH. Left lane is for passing. Now of course, any cars cruising along at ~120+ MPH are basically always passing if there's much traffic at all, so they spend a lot of time in the left lane. When it's time to exit, drivers will give you space to move over. No cutting-off, brake-checking, honking, yelling, flipping off, being territorial, etc.
quexpress and chrisfla1 like this.

2015 Versys 650 ABS
AMA, MSTA, Retreads

Nat'l Cycle "Sport-Touring" screen; Givi hand guards; BMW Sport Grips; Omni-Cruise throttle lock; Motowerk mirror extenders, side stand foot & highway pegs; Denali Mini Soundbomb horn; SW-Motech top rack, Quick-Lock Evo side racks, wide foot pegs & GPS shelf; Givi E-22 side cases & V-47 top case; RKA 13L Shiloh Road tank bag; Hyper-Lites; Sargent seat; Shoodaben ECU reflash; decalectomy.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-22-2017, 09:38 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to NightRider
This is just entitlement, nothing else. "I have the right to drive wherever I want, it's a free country! wah wah!"
Well excuse me, but you don't. There are rules and they're there for a reason.
The trick is to keep giving him the tickets until he gets the message.
Or until he actually wants to pass somebody and that guy gives him a hard time (or slow time, I should say).

It's funny how most people are incapable of understanding things from a different perspective other than their own.
Or is it just pure & simple selfishness? I can't tell anymore...
And sometimes even when they feel it on their own skin, they completely forget about it next time the situation is reversed.
Like, selective memory these people have is truly astonishing.
I know it's a defensive mechanism in human psychology, but they have taken it to a whole new level.
weljo2001 and quexpress like this.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-22-2017, 03:46 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightRider View Post
This is just entitlement, nothing else. "I have the right to drive wherever I want, it's a free country! wah wah!"
Well excuse me, but you don't. There are rules and they're there for a reason.
The trick is to keep giving him the tickets until he gets the message.
Or until he actually wants to pass somebody and that guy gives him a hard time (or slow time, I should say).

It's funny how most people are incapable of understanding things from a different perspective other than their own.
Or is it just pure & simple selfishness? I can't tell anymore...
And sometimes even when they feel it on their own skin, they completely forget about it next time the situation is reversed.
Like, selective memory these people have is truly astonishing.
I know it's a defensive mechanism in human psychology, but they have taken it to a whole new level.
The sad thing is we now have a culture of no rules and anything goes coming up into the driving ranks. People need to realize that driving is dangerous. They need to figure out a way to scare the **** out of young soon to be drivers.

My Versys Travels:

post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-22-2017, 06:52 PM

Washington State HP uses a tactic where they go down the interstate moving from lane to lane at 15-20 below the speed limit in order to slow traffic.......really pissed me off when I lived there.
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-22-2017, 07:51 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
Washington State HP uses a tactic where they go down the interstate moving from lane to lane at 15-20 below the speed limit in order to slow traffic.......really pissed me off when I lived there.

Yea they do that here in Cali....Heres how i deal with it...

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-23-2017, 06:59 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
How does that slow down traffic? I would just pass them and enjoy the clear road ahead. They can't ticket you for going the speed limit.

My Versys Travels:

post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-23-2017, 07:02 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Yea they do that here in Cali....Heres how i deal with it...https://youtu.be/Qi_gqly0gSY

OK. If they have their sirens going, I wouldn't be passing them. Was he doing that as a warning of something going on up ahead?

My Versys Travels:

post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-23-2017, 09:02 AM

Quote:
OK. If they have their sirens going, I wouldn't be passing them. Was he doing that as a warning of something going on up ahead?
If there was a problem up ahead a motorbike cop playing like he's part of a Shriner parade is a poor choice for traffic control. In the regressive state where I reside they usually get a couple of DOT trucks or squad cars WITH LIGHTS & SIRENS to funnel traffic to a safer path.
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-23-2017, 09:36 AM

Garage
In Pennsylvania particularly left lane traveling is the norm. I laughed my ass off during a trip back to Pittsburgh recently when I was on SR28 coming over the crest of a hill. I counted 11 cars traveling bumper-to-bumper in the left lane with nobody in the right lane. Sometimes when I am in a car and feeling like communicating a message, particularly if they hold me up for a long time, I'll get in front of them and slow down to like 35 in a 50. When they change lanes I speed back up. Definitely gets the message across. NYS, NJ, and PA really need to get on the enforcement of this stuff.
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-23-2017, 11:04 AM

Garage
Quote:

The road ahead was clear.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-23-2017, 11:58 AM

Quote:
How does that slow down traffic? I would just pass them and enjoy the clear road ahead. They can't ticket you for going the speed limit.
They run with their lights on............illegal to pass them.
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-23-2017, 05:10 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by aemacleod View Post
In Pennsylvania particularly left lane traveling is the norm. I laughed my ass off during a trip back to Pittsburgh recently when I was on SR28 coming over the crest of a hill. I counted 11 cars traveling bumper-to-bumper in the left lane with nobody in the right lane. Sometimes when I am in a car and feeling like communicating a message, particularly if they hold me up for a long time, I'll get in front of them and slow down to like 35 in a 50. When they change lanes I speed back up. Definitely gets the message across. NYS, NJ, and PA really need to get on the enforcement of this stuff.
I tried that with a moron once. He was forcing everyone to pass him in the right lane on a two travel lane highway. I got in front of him and slowed down to about 35 and he wouldn't move over. When other cars started catching up I drove off and as long as I could see him in the rear view he stayed in the left lane.

When I am on a bike, I end up passing everyone in the right lane because they line up in the left lane to slowly pass a semi in the right lane. I pass them all and get in the left lane and pass the semi and move on down the road.
aemacleod likes this.

My Versys Travels:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode