Bad examples /Moto vloggers/ Moto Reviews - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

1Likes
  • 1 Post By james75

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-11-2017, 09:28 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Bad examples /Moto vloggers/ Moto Reviews

Watching a fairly good review of Honda CRF250L Rally vs Kawasaki Versys-X 300 at Motorcyclist online, it must be said that I think bike reviewers online set very bad examples for novice riders- namely the fact that they are constantly waving their arms around as they talk, even to the point of taking both hands off the bars at the same time. Ryan at FortNine exhibits the same behaviour-perhaps even worse.

Come on guys, we can hear you and don't need the arm-waving over acting. Novice riders: please keep both hands on the bars. I admit to occasionally taking the left hand off to raise my visor, scratch the boys, etc but none of that irritating constant behaviour.

Any other inmates here find it unprofessional of video reviewers? Another thing that caught my attention was passing side by side on the road. Ok, we know what hot shot riders you are, but really?

On Two Wheels: Honda CRF250L Rally vs Kawasaki Versys-X 300 | Motorcyclist
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-11-2017, 10:24 AM

Garage
No offense, but if we talk about all the bad habits we see moto vloggers doing on youtube, this thread will be huge. I personally think vlogging while riding is a big distraction in itself.
407guy likes this.

I don't care what you ride, just ride.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-11-2017, 12:58 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to silviefox
some people talk with there hands...... funniest person i encountered that did this was one of my science teachers in high school who on more then one case flung beakers around because he forgot they were in his hands..... as for passing one another on the road, i do that all the time when riding with my husband, i dont see anything wrong with it if you are communicating with one another and know when they are passing and what not.

yes im a guy.
Silvie=latin for. Of the forest /woods. Fox= Vulpine (also my middle name)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"closed mindedness causes bliss in simple minded people"
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-11-2017, 09:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
My pet peeve is the vloggers who stare directly into the camera, which is set above eye level, and never look away. Spooky!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-12-2017, 01:20 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to silviefox
Quote:
Originally Posted by waldowales View Post
My pet peeve is the vloggers who stare directly into the camera, which is set above eye level, and never look away. Spooky!
i know some like (arsonrides), tho it make look like they are looking right at the camera (helmet pointed at camera) they are looking forward at the road, but i agree some do not pay enough attention to whats going on around them. reminds me of the one that road into the back of a ups truck

yes im a guy.
Silvie=latin for. Of the forest /woods. Fox= Vulpine (also my middle name)

"closed mindedness causes bliss in simple minded people"
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-12-2017, 04:22 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Regarding motorcycle review videos, I would like to see good footage that shows the bike(s) through curves, braking, accelerating, winding through traffic at a slow pace, off road (if applicable to the bike) etc. From both a POV camera and from side/drone/ head on etc. All with a voice over from the reviewers. And none of that raunchy, irritating, guitar crap or whatever the current riff the V-logger has an ear worm for that he used as background sound, please. I want to hear what you think of the bike, not your taste in music. More importantly, I want to hear the bike.

I realize that production costs are high for quality presentations, but viewing the Motorcyclist review that I referred to will show that all of those methods were used (including excellent drone footage). So quit waving your arms around like you are trying to be cool guy actors. A reviewer's comments after the ride are what counts. I don't need some over-acting wanker trying to impress me on camera whilst riding. Set a good example for the next generation of riders, please. You are moto journalists, not celebrities.
Rant off.

My apologies to the forum: I should have originally posted this in the Off Topic section, but as it did involve a reference to the X 300 my impulse was to post it in General. Maybe move it over to Off Topic, Glen?

Last edited by Smiley; 08-12-2017 at 04:25 PM.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-12-2017, 06:30 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Moved to Off Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiley View Post
Regarding motorcycle review videos, I would like to see good footage that shows the bike(s) through curves, braking, accelerating, winding through traffic at a slow pace, off road (if applicable to the bike) etc. From both a POV camera and from side/drone/ head on etc. All with a voice over from the reviewers. And none of that raunchy, irritating, guitar crap or whatever the current riff the V-logger has an ear worm for that he used as background sound, please. I want to hear what you think of the bike, not your taste in music. More importantly, I want to hear the bike.

I realize that production costs are high for quality presentations, but viewing the Motorcyclist review that I referred to will show that all of those methods were used (including excellent drone footage). So quit waving your arms around like you are trying to be cool guy actors. A reviewer's comments after the ride are what counts. I don't need some over-acting wanker trying to impress me on camera whilst riding. Set a good example for the next generation of riders, please. You are moto journalists, not celebrities.
Rant off.

My apologies to the forum: I should have originally posted this in the Off Topic section, but as it did involve a reference to the X 300 my impulse was to post it in General. Maybe move it over to Off Topic, Glen?
Well the rules apply everywhere on this forum, but a little more relaxed in off topic, I guess this isn't like Adventure rider, The Basement.And I see no need for it on this forum.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode